SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank You! I'll give that a try.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

wow - when did the price drop from $29.99 to $9.99?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
wow - when did the price drop from $29.99 to $9.99?
Before Halloween for the Android version and 3 weeks later for the iOS version...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Before Halloween for the Android version and 3 weeks later for the iOS version...
never did get the android version. am I missing anything?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 03-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Having some difficulties getting sageTCPserver set up, hoping you can help.

I selected button 7 (DVD Menu) for the experiment. Tried first with the YACTextSend.exe, but got nothing. So I created test.bat that calls a command prompt, so there's a visible action on the screen. If I run the test.bat it does bring up a command window. Then I entered in the sageTCP config for button 7:

EXE:c:/temp/test.bat, which created the following line in sage.properties:

sageTCPServer/button6=Yac, EXE\:c\:/temp/test.bat

touching button 7 yeilded nothing.

So I entered EXE:c:\\temp\\test.bat, which created the following line in sage.properties:

sageTCPServer/button6=Yac, EXE\:c\:\\\\temp\\\\test.bat

This also yielded no response.

The remotes do have connection and the other buttons work.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
So I created test.bat that calls a command prompt, so there's a visible action on the screen.
You won't see a command prompt that way, it will get suppressed. Edit that batch file to append the date to a text file, launch an app or something like that...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
never did get the android version. am I missing anything?
The first post has a link to a trial version, which can give you an idea. The functionality essentially matches the iOS version, though it hasn't gotten some of the latest changes yet. Streaming to Android devices has always been messier than on iOS, so the "option menu" brings up many more choices. Things like "play on device", which uses no transcoding, the multiple iOS streaming plugin attempts and some VLC RTSP streaming. I haven't yet tried the VLC HTTP Live Streaming that stuckless has been experimenting with this week...
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, so I changed Test.bat to call c:\Temp\Rename.exe, which is a small utility that comes up in its own window. Tested. Works.

I restored the properties entries back to stock, and put in changes for buttons 1 thru 3, each entered a different way. Here are the present sage.properties entries for buttons 1-3:

sageTCPServer/button1=YAC 1, EXE\:C\:\\\\Temp\\\\Test.BAT
sageTCPServer/button2=YAC 2, EXE\:C\:/Temp/Test.bat
sageTCPServer/button3=YAC 3, EXE\:C\:\\Temp\\Test.bat

Also made new entries for buttons 4-6 that call Rename.exe directly:

sageTCPServer/button1=YAC 4, EXE\:C\:\\\\Temp\\\\Rename.exe
sageTCPServer/button2=YAC 5, EXE\:C\:/Temp/Rename.exe
sageTCPServer/button3=YAC 6, EXE\:C\:\\Temp\\Rename.exe

The remote(s) come up with the YAC #'s on the buttons, but still no joy pressing any of them.

Can you think of any reason these might not be running? Or may still be suppressed?

Maybe a permissions thing?

Last edited by BobbyDing; 03-03-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you think of any reason these might not be running? Or may still be suppressed?
So none of the 6 buttons is doing anything?

Besides restarting SageTV and its service to make sure it takes effect, not sure why it wouldn't work... Have you enabled logging and checked the sagetv_0.txt log file?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I did enable logging but forgot to ask where the log entries would appear. I just changed the bat file to do as you suggested and just update time to a text file. Works when run manually, but nothing from the remote. No, I see no response from any of the six buttons. After each change I restart Sage and the sageTCP on the Android. I will dig through the log file and also I'll see if the remaining button 7 does what it's supposed to do. Maybe there's another issue.

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

First, button 7 does what it should. Attached are the errors from the log file. Looks like it doesn't like any of my entries.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetcp.txt (6.9 KB, 163 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Looks like it doesn't like any of my entries.
Right, remove the space between "," and "EXE"... It doesn't look like I'm stripping it...
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

That did the trick as far as sageTCPserver is concerned. Thanks!!

I have the batch files call YACTextSend.exe and then send time date to their own log files. When I run the bat files manually the YAC message gets sent and the log gets updated. When I run it from a sageTCP button, only the log file is updated I set Win7's UAC to the lowest setting to get around permissions, but still no joy. I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but I did enjoy learning how to manipulate the buttons!

Bobby

By the way, do you know what permissions level sageTCPserver runs at?

Last edited by BobbyDing; 03-03-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank You Fonceur for this suggestion I did finally get this working. So I now have seven pre canned message buttons in taSageTV that can be sent to the YAC listeners. I like Sluggers web page a lot, and have been using it (Thanks again Slugger). The difference is these canned messages get sent to all the YAC listeners on the network, which includes my two son's and wife's PC's that they're constantly using. I even scheduled one to run every evening at 11 pm announcing "IT'S BEDTIME!!!" throughout the house, which the wifes loves!! . It would be great if I could type in different messages, but the canned messages will have to do.
Thanks Again!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It would be great if I could type in different messages, but the canned messages will have to do.
OK, so what is the command used by the buttons?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Of course the main issue is/was that TAsageTV can not run YACTextSend.exe directly. The trick for me was to create an elevated task (for each button to use) and then call that from the TAsageTV server or batch file. I opted for the batch file as the batch file also keeps a crude log file. There is probably a way to do this without using elevated tasks (a proper, official way), but I know very little about Win7 security/permissions/etc... So this was the easiest way for me to get around the security.

Here's an example of one button:

In TAsageTV Server...
CALL DAD,EXE:C:\TEMP\CALLDAD.BAT

Contents of CALLDAD.BAT....
schtasks /run /tn "CallDadYAC"
date /t >> calldad.txt & time /t >> calldad.txt

Above just calls the task and hits the text file with the time/date.

"CallDadYAC" is the name of a task I created which calls YACTextSend.exe and adds the message to call dad as an argument within the task.

The batch file can be left out completely by just having TAsageTV server call the task (I tried this and it does work).....
CALL DAD,EXE:schtasks /run /tn "CallDadYAC"
It's got to be a security thing that's not allowing TAsageTV from being able to run YACTextSend.exe directly. Perhaps somebody here in the forums can shed some light on it and how to get around it properly. It sure would be a nice feature to be able to type any message I want.
Bobby

Last edited by BobbyDing; 03-12-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fonceur
I got another new phone and switched carriers since verizon could not make my 4 g work. So I picked up a new HTC One with AT&T I installed the version that was in my drop box. Installed fine and works geat on my wi fi. Was out of town and decided I wanted to record the news tonight. I started app and had both antennas and when I went to the guide both antennas went to x's If I restart it it wil do the same thing. Acts like it can see the program but if it needs data it changes both to x's. I have my old phone and everything looks the same. As I looked back thru the threads here I had the same problem with a new phone I tried from verizon. I ended up taking it back and keeping my old until last week. I have the port in the phone server set to 9250 and my IP name all in there with no password and I have the password blank in the sage properties. Not sure what else to look for. Also how does the registration work with getting a new phone? Does my registration carry over?
Thanks
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 04-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

You can go to the registration screen on the old phone, release the key and reuse it in the new phone. Alternatively, just entering the key in the new phone will do the trick.

As for the lost connections, it sounds like it's not liking something. Try to wipe the TiSageTV database or post the logs.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fonceur
I installed alogcat and then ran the program. Is this the data you want?
Also wiping the database gave an error. Unfortunately, TaSageTV has stopped
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's

Last edited by Doubledose; 05-11-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledose View Post
I installed alogcat and then ran the program. Is this the data you want?
Yes, unfortunately Google decided to make those log useless in the last few versions of Android, as app can only log their own stuff...

Quote:
Also wiping the database gave an error. Unfortunately, TaSageTV has stopped
Try switching to airplane mode, this way it won't be getting new data. After the wipe, close the app, switch off airplane mode and relaunch the app.

Tags
android