SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:28 PM

Smile can't stream videos

Hi I have purchased the OS version of Tisagetv a long time ago but recently purchased the tasagetv android version. I run two sagetv servers with hd-pvrs to do the capture.

I can't seem to stream the videos on my asus transformer tf700t. I am using vlc 2.0 I think on the servers. Am I doing something wrong??
Old 08-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaillon View Post
I can't seem to stream the videos on my asus transformer tf700t. I am using vlc 2.0 I think on the servers. Am I doing something wrong??
It depends which of the 6 streaming options you tried and what kind of file it was...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Fonceur,
have you looked at supporting the generic Android media players that are for sale on ebay? this one or this one for instance?

It might make for a good enough replacement for HD's.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post
Fonceur,
have you looked at supporting the generic Android media players that are for sale on ebay?
As long as they are Android devices with Google Play access, they should work as is... Without Google Play, they should still be able to side load the app...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

STVRemote + SlingBox: 4-Second Delay On Commands?

I have stumbled through the setup for STVRemote and it *seems* to be working a-ok.

Response against the instance of SageTV on my Windows server box is, for all practical purposes, instantaneous. Better than the SageTV hardware remote, even, because there's no aiming issue.

But when I hook an HD200 up to my SlingBox, response plummets to about 4 seconds for each command.

Have not tried it against an HD200 connected to a TV, but I am guessing it's got to be either the SlingBox or my configuration that is causing the 4-second delay.

Is anybody else doing this?

Is my response time within the expected, or do I need to tweak something?

Edit 2013 11-05 19:34:

I just tried against an HD200 connected to a TV. As expected, response is almost instantanteous.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna

Last edited by PeteCress; 11-05-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
But when I hook an HD200 up to my SlingBox, response plummets to about 4 seconds for each command.
You probably want to make sure that the SageTV server and HD200 are on the same router, or that any extra router are just acting as a switch, otherwise that might explain that delay...
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
You probably want to make sure that the SageTV server and HD200 are on the same router, or that any extra router are just acting as a switch, otherwise that might explain that delay...
I tried it against an HD200 connected to a TV and also tried connecting a little screen directly to the HD200 that I'm fooling around with on the SlingBox.

In both cases response is near-instantaneous.... so my money is on the SlingBox or some deficiency in the way I have the SlingBox set up.

Everything is on the same router, although there is a switch involved - with all devices hanging off of that same switch.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 11-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
In both cases response is near-instantaneous.... so my money is on the SlingBox or some deficiency in the way I have the SlingBox set up.
Could it simply be some input lag from the slingbox, like trying to play a game through a capture card? If you use the hardware remote on the hd200/slingbox config, do you get that same 4 sec delay?
Old 05-08-2016, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

When connecting to a specific client/extender, is there a way to use the Android keyboard to interface with the client/extender? Primarily to ease searches and such.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

registration number

Does anyone know if Fonceur is still around? I have sent an e-mail to him with no reply back. I have upgraded phones and do not have a registration number that will work. I have my original number but it will not activate TASage app on my phone.

Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 10-25-2016, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
When connecting to a specific client/extender, is there a way to use the Android keyboard to interface with the client/extender? Primarily to ease searches and such.
If you go to the Remote section, I seem to remember a keyboard icon to do just that... Not sure if you need to press enter to send them or if it's a pass through...
Old 10-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledose View Post
Does anyone know if Fonceur is still around? I have sent an e-mail to him with no reply back.
It seems that it takes a few hours for those emails to get out, as the timestamp is from 30 minutes ago...
Old 10-26-2016, 05:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It seems that it takes a few hours for those emails to get out, as the timestamp is from 30 minutes ago...
Hey 30 minutes in internet time is like days
Old 12-11-2016, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

TiSageTV and SageTCPServer

I've rebuilt some of my Sage server, and needed to reinstall SageTCPServer plugin, but I get an error.
Has it been removed from downloads? Same goes for the $29.95 App I purchased for iOS - don't see it in the app store. Has Fonceur taken all this down and killed it?
Thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 12-12-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Has Fonceur taken all this down and killed it?
Pretty much, development stopped 4 years ago when I got rid of my HTPC and went for the Cable's PVR, Blu Ray player and SmartTV for streaming and such...

I had the Tallus owner take them down eventually, so I wouldn't have to support new customers, as I haven't gotten a penny from the sales/publicity in over 5 years anyway.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Pretty much, development stopped 4 years ago when I got rid of my HTPC and went for the Cable's PVR, Blu Ray player and SmartTV for streaming and such...

I had the Tallus owner take them down eventually, so I wouldn't have to support new customers, as I haven't gotten a penny from the sales/publicity in over 5 years anyway.
This is the sad reality of the walled garden generation of computing

I still have 30 year old applications running on os/9 on a coco3 emulator that I can fire up from time to time when I want to feel nastalgic The next generation of kids will be..."I could have sworn there used to be an app, a few days ago...."

There needs to be a graveyard for obsolete iOS apps... not that people could install them... but so that history doesn't completely forget them
Old 12-12-2016, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

I still have 30 year old applications running on os/9 on a coco3 emulator that I can fire up from time to time when I want to feel nastalgic The next generation of kids will be..."I could have sworn there used to be an app, a few days ago...."

There needs to be a graveyard for obsolete iOS apps... not that people could install them... but so that history doesn't completely forget them
On iOS when your device is synced with iTunes you can keep all your apps whether or not they are installed on your device. Even apps that have disappeared from the App Store. Although, come to think of it I'm not sure they will be allowed to run once the developer's certificate expires.

That being said, I agree. Even Microsoft is moving towards the walled garden approach but they have a much larger base of existing non-walled software to contend with plus an existing user base that is not likely to change any time soon.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

I still have 30 year old applications running on os/9 on a coco3 emulator that I can fire up from time to time when I want to feel nastalgic (
hmm, now I am going to have to dig up my old coco 3 (or even 2 if I can find it... assuming it still lives...)
now I am compelled to go play dungeons of daggorath or whatever that old game was...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQKQHKdWTRs

they made an emulator?
hmm...
might be easier than trying to find a CRT/composite monitor...
Old 12-12-2016, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
hmm, now I am going to have to dig up my old coco 3 (or even 2 if I can find it... assuming it still lives...)
now I am compelled to go play dungeons of daggorath or whatever that old game was...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQKQHKdWTRs

they made an emulator?
hmm...
I used to use this one (hasn't been updated in a long time, though)
http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/trs80.html#coco3
Old 12-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post

they made an emulator?
hmm...
I found this with a quick search. http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index....GA/EGA_Adapter

Then you could use one of these to get VGA out.https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ywords=gbs8200

I use one with an old Amiga computer of the same era.

Tags
android