SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
Thanks for all the hard work! I setup SJQ using your example and everything is working except all the encoding is being down at normal priority desite the "CPU LOW" setting in the SJQ client. Is there any other way to force the priority lower?
There should be a batch file, mediaShrink.bat, you can just use that in SJQ instead of mediaShrink.exe and it should set the priority properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwolf View Post
Any help is appreciated. I think all I need right now is the ability to tell mediaShrink where to create and store the log files.
Your the 2nd person to ask for that, i'll get it in next week sometime

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey EP:
2 questions:
1) Is there a way to have MediaShrink extract chapters into individual files when given a DVD to process? I have vides that will have a couple Title, but each title will have different chapters that I'd like to break out into individual .mkv files.

2) is this the appropriate forum to as this question, or should I be creating a new thread in the customizations forum?

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:29 AM
Sage User

Questions about commercial detection.

Couple questions about commercial detection.

When you use /cutcom does it actually cut the commercials or create an edl file? If it cuts the commercial would it be possible to just generate an edl file (I have a lot of old shows I want to compress that I've not run comskip on yet).

If I wanted to modify the comskip.ini, are there any comskip options that mediashrink depends on for processing?

Do you run comskip before or after compression? (I'm guessing it might run faster after compression especially if I started with a .ts file)

thanks

Last edited by verdin77; 05-04-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdin77 View Post

When you use /cutcom does it actually cut the commercials or create an edl file? If it cuts the commercial would it be possible to just generate an edl file (I have a lot of old shows I want to compress that I've not run comskip on yet).

If I wanted to modify the comskip.ini, are there any comskip options that mediashrink depends on for processing?

Do you run comskip before or after compression? (I'm guessing it might run faster after compression especially if I started with a .ts file)

thanks
I think you have to run it BEFORE compression, comskip won't run on a mkv file, and I don't think it will on an mp4 either. Someone else can verify, but that's been my experience. Also, the MKV editing programs I've tried don't work very well. Always jack up the sound or something else. So if you want to delete commercials, do it before running through MediaShrink or have the VideoRedo file already done and let MediaShrink do it as part of it's pre-compression work. Good luck!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 05-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Sounds like a lot of folks are enjoying this. Any chance we can run it in Linux? If it's a Perl script, a port shouldn't be too hard.

Just a wish.

--Brad
Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
I think you have to run it BEFORE compression, comskip won't run on a mkv file, and I don't think it will on an mp4 either. Someone else can verify, but that's been my experience. Also, the MKV editing programs I've tried don't work very well. Always jack up the sound or something else. So if you want to delete commercials, do it before running through MediaShrink or have the VideoRedo file already done and let MediaShrink do it as part of it's pre-compression work. Good luck!
Actually I was asking if mediashrink runs comskip before or after compression (not if I should).
Old 05-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Sage Icon

mediashrink only runs comskip for internal reasons (discovering information about the file).... It does NOT run comskip to generate an EDL suitable for skipping... you need to set up comskip externally for that...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeadle View Post
Hey EP:
2 questions:
1) Is there a way to have MediaShrink extract chapters into individual files when given a DVD to process? I have vides that will have a couple Title, but each title will have different chapters that I'd like to break out into individual .mkv files.

2) is this the appropriate forum to as this question, or should I be creating a new thread in the customizations forum?

Thanks.
1) I have a few DVD's where that's necessary also, i'll add that as a feature request.

2) For stuff like this, i'd like to start using Google Code's issue tracking system. It'll help keep the thread clean.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdin77 View Post

thanks
ChaOConnor is correct, the comskip included with mediaShrink is only for crop detection and so you shouldn't be messing with it or its .ini file.

As for running comskip for /cutcom, this tool doesn't do that. I recommend setting up SJQ to run both comskip and mediaShrink tasks. The one trick is you need to ensure that mediaShrink runs *after* comskip is finished. The easiest way to do that is to just put a delay after the recording is finished before the mediaShrink job begins. My example code has it set to 30 days, but it would work just as well set to 1 day.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf1962 View Post
Sounds like a lot of folks are enjoying this. Any chance we can run it in Linux? If it's a Perl script, a port shouldn't be too hard.

Just a wish.

--Brad
Sadly probably not with a lot of work. It was written specifically for Windows so its got a lot of windows specific code all over the place.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Doesn't seem to be working....

Hey EP,

I've got a bunch of .mkv that were generated by MakeMKV, and I tried running one through mediaShrink - and it is barfing on it.

Here's the log.
btl.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Firefly - S01E14.autoEncode.(1).log.zip (8.1 KB, 368 views)
Old 05-10-2010, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac321 View Post
EP
Any chance we can get the progress updates back in the command prompt window? It's nice to have the feedback and know that things are progressing and have a continuous eta.
I just took a look at the code to add this back in and it turns out I never took it out

All you need to do is use the /tee switch. You don't want to put this in your mediaShrink.defaults.txt file though because it'll interfere with SJQ usage. I recommend just copying mediaShrink.bat and keeping a custom one with just the /tee switch in it for launching on demand encodes that you'll want to keep an eye on the status.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Hey EP,

I've got a bunch of .mkv that were generated by MakeMKV, and I tried running one through mediaShrink - and it is barfing on it.

Here's the log.
btl.
Wow, barfing on it is a very accurate assessment. I'll take a look at what I can do to fix that up.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Help please

I am not exactly sure why this is not working and this may be more of a question for the SJQ area, but I thought I would just throw it in here to see if anyone can help - as the SJQ part of it seems to be working just not the interaction with mediashrink. I downloaded and installed the latest mediashrink and dragged and dropped a file on it from my sage recordings -- I took a 2.4gb 1 hour show and it converted it to an 800mb mkv, using all default settings. So I know mediashrink works. Now I want schedule mediashrink, but utilize another machine on the network to do the heavy lifting -- so I installed the SJQ server on the Sage server in the jetty folder (which I can connect to fine using a web browser) and the windows client service on another machine, set it all up and I see the client connected in SJQ. I put in the settings file for server and the client found in the forums and do a search on "The Pacific" as .mpg -- since I have 6 out of 9 recorded as mpg and 3 as .ts it properly puts only those mpgs in the Active queue. But that's the issue -- they are in the active queue with just a status of waiting. Why aren't they "shrinking"?

here is my server/client configs --
# My Favorites to be encoded at the highest quality
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && MediaAge > "1D" && Filename =$ ".*" && $.GetShowTitle{} =* "The Pacific"]
{
MEDIASHRINKHQ
}

client
# Client options
:MAPDIR "y:\\library" "\\\\endor\\library"
:MAPDIR "x:\\library2" "\\\\endor\\library2"
:MAPDIR "w:\\library3" "\\\\endor\\library3"

MEDIASHRINKHQ
{
#:CPU "LOW"
#:OFFHOUR "8-23"
#:OFFDAY ""
#:MAX 1
#:RESOURCES 51
"C:/mediashrink/mediaShrink.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /noAutoCrop /centralWorkFolder "C:\\Temp" /batch /vprofile HQ /vbitrate 2500 /twopass "
}
I assume the c:/ is the path of mediashrink on my client machine and NOT the server as I want the app running on the client.
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Your command line for the client is not parsing.

Quote:
"C:\\Temp"
needs to be
Quote:
\"C:\\Temp\"
Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

EP - is there an easy way to change the HQ profile to not change the y resolution? I'd like to just encode down to h264, but 1080i stuff on the video side to just be de-interlaced to 1080p.

btl.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

update

I did as you suggested bialio and then I saved and reloaded the script, and then I ran the queue again and now everything moved through and failed --- EP a little help as to why. below is my log:

Tue May 11 15:46:23 EDT 2010: Starting task with priority 5/1/10
Executing command line: C:/mediashrink/mediaShrink.exe "G:\ThePacific-PartFour-6956139-0.mpg" /inPlace /noAutoCrop /centralWorkFolder "C:\Temp" /batch /vprofile HQ /vbitrate 2500 /twopass
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Executing command: "C:\mediashrink\mediaEngine.exe" /batch /onlyWhenVprj /saveLog /defaultProfile autoEncode /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" /mediaShrink fixBug "G:\ThePacific-PartFour-6956139-0.mpg" "/inPlace" "/noAutoCrop" "/centralWorkFolder" "C:\Temp" "/batch" "/vprofile" "HQ" "/vbitrate" "2500" "/twopass"
Welcome to mediaEngine v3.0d (Built on 17:17:50.94 04-23-2010 )
Staring Proccesing at
+ Executable : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngine.exe
+ EXE path : C:\mediashrink
Welcome to mediaEngine v3.0d (Built on 17:17:50.94 04-23-2010 )
Staring Proccesing at
+ Executable : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngine.exe
+ EXE path : C:\mediashrink
+ Parsing switches
- optionsString: "/batch" "/onlyWhenVprj" "/saveLog" "/defaultProfile" "autoEncode" "/findFileRegEx" "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" "/mediaShrink" "fixBug" "G:\ThePacific-PartFour-6956139-0.mpg" "/inPlace" "/noAutoCrop" "/centralWorkFolder" "C:\Temp" "/batch" "/vprofile" "HQ" "/vbitrate" "2500" "/twopass"
- Replacing quote0: /batch
- Replacing quote1: /onlyWhenVprj
- Replacing quote2: /saveLog
- Replacing quote3: /defaultProfile
- Replacing quote4: autoEncode
- Replacing quote5: /findFileRegEx
- Replacing quote6: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
- Replacing quote7: /mediaShrink
- Replacing quote8: fixBug
- Replacing quote9: G:\ThePacific-PartFour-6956139-0.mpg
- Replacing quote10: /inPlace
- Replacing quote11: /noAutoCrop
- Replacing quote12: /centralWorkFolder
- Replacing quote13: C:\Temp
- Replacing quote14: /batch
- Replacing quote15: /vprofile
- Replacing quote16: HQ
- Replacing quote17: /vbitrate
- Replacing quote18: 2500
- Replacing quote19: /twopass
- Adding to to options Hash
+ Key: batch ()
+ Key: onlyWhenVprj ()
+ Key: saveLog ()
+ Key: defaultProfile ()
+ Value: autoEncode
+ Key: findFileRegEx ()
+ Value: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
+ Key: mediaShrink ()
+ Value: fixBug
! couldn't understand (G:\ThePacific-PartFour-6956139-0.mpg), throwing it away
+ Key: inPlace ()
+ Key: noAutoCrop ()
+ Key: centralWorkFolder ()
+ Value: C:\Temp
+ Key: batch ()
+ Key: vprofile ()
+ Value: HQ
+ Key: vbitrate ()
+ Value: 2500
+ Key: twopass ()
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineProfiles\encodingProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineProfiles\scrapingProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
+ Seraching for avaialble binaries
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineProfiles (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineProfiles\encodingProfiles (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineProfiles\scrapingProfiles (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\Comskip (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\Curl (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\ffmpeg (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\ffmpeg\compiling (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libAften (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libFlac (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libMatrix (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libSsrc (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libSsrc\Sources (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\r8brain (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\plugins (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596 (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596\docs (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4 (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4\doc (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\data (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\doc (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\doc\images (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\examples (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\de (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\de\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\ja (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\ja\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_CN (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_CN\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_TW (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_TW\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mp4box (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311 (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\codecs (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\docs (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts\conf.avail (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts\conf.d (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mplayer (exe)
- Scanning Directory: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\tsMuxeR (exe)
+ ccextractorwin.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\ccextractorwin.exe
+ edl2vprj.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\edl2vprj.exe
+ mp4creator.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mp4creator.exe
+ mtee.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mtee.exe
+ touch.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\touch.exe
+ wget.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\wget.exe
+ comskip.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\Comskip\comskip.exe
+ curl.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\Curl\curl.exe
+ eac3to.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\eac3to.exe
+ ffmpeg.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe
+ ffmpeg_SVN.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596\ffmpeg_SVN.exe
+ HandBrakeCLI.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4\HandBrakeCLI.exe
+ mkvextract.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvextract.exe
+ mkvinfo.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvinfo.exe
+ mkvmerge.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe
+ mkvpropedit.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvpropedit.exe
+ mmg.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mmg.exe
+ MP4Box.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\mp4box\MP4Box.exe
+ mencoder.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mencoder.exe
+ mplayer.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mplayer.exe
+ vfw2menc.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\vfw2menc.exe
+ tsMuxeR.exe : C:\mediashrink\mediaEngineBins\tsMuxeR\tsMuxeR.exe
+ Seraching for input files (avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms)
------------ Processing ----------------
+ Adding per run options: ()()
+ Parsing switches
- optionsString:
+ Processing:
! No input file found
- Making Log File: C:\mediashrink\mediaEngine.log
+ Looking for profile:
Couldn't find encode profile: Exiting Code: (1)
Exiting in 5 seconds...

Last edited by macsupergeek; 05-11-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

You edited the client config right? That shouldn't have any impact on what shows up in the Active Queue.....

btl.

here's my client script that works fine :

Code:
MEDIASHRINKHQ
{
   :CPU "LOW"
   :OFFHOUR "0-1, 8-23"
   :MAX 1
   :RESOURCES 100
   "C:/mediashrink/mediashrink.exe \"%c%\" /centralWorkFolder \"D:\\\" /inPlace /batch /ac3 /vprofile HQ /vbitrate 2500 /twopass"
}

Last edited by bialio; 05-11-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

update

yes I edited the one with the mediashrink.exe info -- i went to connected clients and clicked and put all that script in the config there and the script for "# My Favorites to be encoded at the highest quality" is in the ruleset editor. It seems to be failing for not finding encoding profiles -- do I need to rename something or specifically make a profile?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

question

can the client, be on another computer than SJQ server and can mediashrink be on that client or does it all have to be on my sage server to work?