SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

EP, I realize this is a long shot as I don't have the logs with me (I'm at work), but I've noticed something w/ the latest MediaShrink.

I use SJQ to kick of mediashrink on my kids shows to save for all eternity. Recently, since I upgraded to Sage v7 (so this maybe a v7 issue...) and the latest MediaShrink, the actual recordings run fine (all done from an HDHomeRun, ClearQAM, PBS HD Channel), but after going through MediaShrink, they come out the other end all sped up. Like it's running at double or tripple time.

Again, shot in the dark here, but any idea what could be causing this? My next step is to roll back a version of MediaShrink and try it again, b/c the same shows used to "shrink" fine. If that doesn't work, I may have to roll back Sage v7.

Anyway, appreciate any insight you could provide, take care!

- Cha
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can I take a TV Episode DVD and break out the episodes directly from the DVD...without first having to copy the DVD to HDD? How? I'm trying this:
DVDRip.CMD
Code:
cd /D "%~DP0"
start /I /B /LOW /WAIT mediaShrink.exe /outputDirectory %~DP0 /centralWorkFolder %~DP0 R:\
Where R: is my DVD drive, and I'm specifying the output and work directory to be the HDD location where MediaShrink.exe exists.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

edit .MKV or convert .MKV to .MPG for editing?

I should have paid more attention!

After editing most of my recorded VHS to create a .VPRJ then processing them with MediaShrink...confident that they were being cropped according to my edits, I only now discovered that they were not, seemingly the edits ignored. ARGH!

Isn't this the correct mediaShrink.defaults.txt that's supposed to work?
Code:
/batch /onlyWhenVprj /saveLog /cutComm /onePass /defaultProfile autoEncode /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms|vob"
the .vprj file was in the same directory as the .mpg being processed.

So now what? How do I go about fixing this mess?
Old 07-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Sage Expert

Ok I'm a newbie on this thing, and just trying it out for the 1st time, so bear with me. . .

I'm running on my machine as a admin user, and running from the command line so i don't believe there should be any permissions issues. . .

I'm having trouble getting command line switches to work properly, and end up with error "no profile found".

Here is what I'm trying to do. . .

HTML Code:
/saveLog /twoPass /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms|vob" /defaultProfile autoEncode /yres 720 /ac3 /vbitrate 2500 /noautocrop /container mp4
It works fine if i remove the vbitrate 2500
If I change /defaultProfile to /vProfile HQ still the same thing. . .

Basically I'm just trying to upscale my mpegs to 720p and H.264 encoding of around 2.5Mb, with no black bars. .
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 07-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Sage Expert

Actually I got it working using this:

HTML Code:
/saveLog /twoPass /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms|vob" /defaultProfile autoEncode /yres 720 /ac3 /vbitrate 2500 /abitrate 192 /container mp4
/noautocrop seems to always fail for me for some reason.

And another question, can I convert files in an mpeg transport stream container rather than mp4 or mkv?
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Sage Expert

Also does the command line accept wild cards for files names? (E.G. "E:\foobar\*.*")

Old 07-23-2010, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

MediaShrink v3.0.1
Release Notes:
  • Added rough support for Handbrake profiles. Here's a usage example command line for the iPhone, notice that you still have to specify the /container to be mp4.
    Code:
    mediaShrink.exe /container mp4 /handbrakeProfile "iPhone & iPod Touch" /profile "autoEncode"
  • Fixed DVD audio audio detection. This has actually been broken for a while, I apologize for the delay in fixing it. To get it working again I had walk back some 2nd audio changes I made for some edge cases, so if you have any audio issues where the Handbrake detects the secondary track as the primary audio track you'll need to take it up with the Handbrake devs.
  • Fixed /tee for displaying encoding status in the window. This is good for batch files, but DO NOT USE IT WITH SJQ.
  • Added to v7 plug-in list, tucked away under the libraries section. Usage/Configuration is the same as before but this should make notification/distribution easier.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 07-23-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey EP - did you ever get a chance to look at the error for MakeMKV generated mkv files?

Log from the latest version of MediaShrink posted.

btl.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Better Off Ted-S01E01.autoEncode.(1).zip (8.6 KB, 299 views)
Old 07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope, but that's super simple, i'll slip the fix in tonight.

Auto Encode.profile:
Code:
    Encode CLI #8     =?>!isDVD&&!noAutoCrop&&!xRes&&!yRes<:>?>ORIGINAL:43in169<:>/yres 540<=>ORIGINAL:cropY>720<:>/yres 720<=>ORIGINAL:cropY<:>/yres %%ORIGINAL:cropY%%<?<?
    Encoder #8        =/setOptions /noOverwrite

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeadle View Post
Can I take a TV Episode DVD and break out the episodes directly from the DVD...without first having to copy the DVD to HDD? How? I'm trying this:
DVDRip.CMD
Code:
cd /D "%~DP0"
start /I /B /LOW /WAIT mediaShrink.exe /outputDirectory %~DP0 /centralWorkFolder %~DP0 R:\
Where R: is my DVD drive, and I'm specifying the output and work directory to be the HDD location where MediaShrink.exe exists.
Quote:
I should have paid more attention!

After editing most of my recorded VHS to create a .VPRJ then processing them with MediaShrink...confident that they were being cropped according to my edits, I only now discovered that they were not, seemingly the edits ignored. ARGH!

Isn't this the correct mediaShrink.defaults.txt that's supposed to work?
Code:
/batch /onlyWhenVprj /saveLog /cutComm /onePass /defaultProfile autoEncode /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms|vob"
the .vprj file was in the same directory as the .mpg being processed.

So now what? How do I go about fixing this mess?
Any assistance on these previous posts?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Any assistance on these previous posts?
1) That should be possible, the only thing stopping it right now is the log file is trying to write to the DVD drive. I've been meaning to change the way log files work for a while, i've got a pretty good system in PlayON that I'll port over.

2) Sorry about that, I sure hope you weren't doing /inPlace encodes . AFAIK VRD commercial cutting still works, i'll give it a shot.

Edit: Yep, working fine for me with /cutComm and /onlyWhenVprj. Not sure what the problem could be, i'd need to see a log.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 07-23-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
VRD commercial cutting still works, i'll give it a shot.
How do you mean VRD (I assume VideoReDo?) commercial cutting still works? I'm unable to open .mkv in VRD. I assume .MKVs would honor .edl files so at least my .mkvs would have skip locations? But I'm not sure how I'd go about identifying the demarks in the .MKV file and getting them into an EDL file.

Is there not a way to convert .MKV back to .MPG so that I could use VRD to trim the unwanted segments (before and after the recording)?
(does that make sense?)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 AM

sorry if this has been covered but is there a way to manually crop or add a crop setting of my choice that I could use when i want as a switch
Old 08-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronick View Post
sorry if this has been covered but is there a way to manually crop or add a crop setting of my choice that I could use when i want as a switch
don't think so but EP would need to confirm for sure
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-06-2010, 11:16 AM

hmmm I see its not a big deal but I noticed that if i encode after cuttin my commercials it over crops but if I encode before then its perfect just figured maybe I could set a specific crop setting to be done with certain shows
Old 08-13-2010, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How do you mean VRD (I assume VideoReDo?) commercial cutting still works? I'm unable to open .mkv in VRD. I assume .MKVs would honor .edl files so at least my .mkvs would have skip locations? But I'm not sure how I'd go about identifying the demarks in the .MKV file and getting them into an EDL file.

Is there not a way to convert .MKV back to .MPG so that I could use VRD to trim the unwanted segments (before and after the recording)?
(does that make sense?)
There is a beta version of VRD that works on H.264 files, I know that it works on .TS files, but I am not sure about MKV files. But I believe the cutting would be done on your source file which, at least when coming out of Sage, would be either MPEG or TS.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I installed MediaShrink and manually dropped a couple recordings on it. They took a couple hours but processed nicely, playback looked great, I went from a 20GB Today show dowbn to only about 3GB. However, I have one small problem. My wife tried to fast forward while watching the MKV output on a HD200 extender, but it doesn't forward, just continues to play. She could stop/pause/play ok though.

Is there something I've missed? I have a feeling I am overlooking something obivous.
6/23/2012 updated with spare parts - SageTV 7.1.9 WHS 2011: Gigabyte H55M-S2H, i3-550, 8GB Gskill Sniper RAM, WD320GB Scorpio OS drive, 6 Samsung 2TB drives, FSP Aurum Gold 400W PSU, reused Antec Lanboy case (idle 34W - undervolted). Snapraid 1.9 parity
Clients: 3 HD200
Sources: HDHomerun OTA, HD-PVR to Comcast Cisco RNG150 via USB-UIRT
Other: Denon AVR-2310CI, Panasonic 50" & 42" 720p plasmas, HSU sub, ancient Klipsch fronts + Polk surrounds

Last edited by najames; 08-22-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

specifying the number of threads for handbrake?

Hello EvilPenguin,

I was curious if there was a way to specify the number of threads / cores for handbrake through mediashrink ...

I would like to be able to specify (cores - 1) for number of threads ...

Thanks for your time,

Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey EP, i finally got around installing V7 and along with it SJQ and tried to switch my dirmon2 installation over to SJQ but not having much luck.

can u or someone else have a look at my ruleset here if this makes sense at all pls.

what im trying to do is convert all my shows, basically 30min after recording to ensure the comskip files are there and im cutting commercials out along with it.

pls and tnx

Code:
}
# My Favorites to be encoded at the highest quality
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && MediaAge > "30M" && Filename =$ ".mpg" && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "(Lost|Burn Notice|24|Dollhouse|House)"] 
{
   MEDIASHRINKHQ
}
# Hour long shows are usually more cinematic so give them more bitrate
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && MediaAge > "30M" && Filename =$ ".mpg" && $.GetShowTitle{} !% "(Lost|Burn Notice|24|Dollhouse|House)" && $.GetFileDuration{} >= 1800000] 
{
   MEDIASHRINKMQ
}
# 30 Minute shows usually don't have a lot of action and can live with less bitrate
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && MediaAge > "30M" && Filename =$ ".mpg" && $.GetShowTitle{} !% "(Lost|Burn Notice|24|Dollhouse|House)" && $.GetFileDuration{} < 1800000]  
{
   MEDIASHRINKLQ
}

MEDIASHRINKHQ
{
   :CPU "LOW"
   :OFFHOUR "18-23"
   :OFFDAY ""
   :MAX 1
   :RESOURCES 51
   "C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/MediaShrink/mediaShrink.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /centralWorkFolder "C:\\Temp" /noSubtitles /cutComm /onlyWhenVprj /batch /vprofile HQ /vbitrate 2500"
}

MEDIASHRINKMQ
{
   "C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/MediaShrink/mediaShrink.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /centralWorkFolder "C:\\Temp" /noSubtitles /cutComm /onlyWhenVprj /batch /vbitrate 1500 /onePass"
}

MEDIASHRINKLQ
{
   "C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/MediaShrink/mediaShrink.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /centralWorkFolder "C:\\Temp" /noSubtitles /cutComm /onlyWhenVprj /batch /vbitrate 1000 /onePass"
}
Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Instead of waiting 30 minutes just check to see a vprj file exists

example add this.. that way it will make sure that a videoredo project file exists.
&& FileExists == "%d%/%p%.vprj"

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && Filename =$ ".mpg" && FileExists == "%d%/%p%.vprj" && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "(Lost|Burn Notice|24|Dollhouse|House)"] 
{
   MEDIASHRINKHQ
}

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-02-2010 at 04:47 PM.