SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

I had never noticed before until just recently that by using MediaShrink (via SJQ) I'm losing the "Encoded by: (tuner)" information on the media file. Metadata, that when using Sage's built-in transcoder, is not lost.

As Slugger pointed out on another thread, this is most likely do to the core's replacement process of discovering the new media file and dropping some metadata. I'll look into this myself and see if any easy scripting can be done to copy the info from the old file to the new MKV.

Anyone ever looked into this before as far as retaining the original encoder info?
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

anything here??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
got another question here

i almost got it working perfectly, the HQ/MQ/LQ setting work. all of those are using the only "if .vprj" file exist.

i wanna add one more line on the bottom for all the files that will not have a .vprj file, i was thinking of the wait "30M" rule, but maybe there is a better way of doing it...

here is my ruleset now edited from the default one... the question is about the "NOCUT" portion at the bottom

Code:
# My Favorites to be encoded at the highest quality
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && Filename =$ ".mpg" && FileExists == "%d%/%p%.vprj" && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "Hung"] 
{
   MEDIASHRINKHQ
}
# Hour long - medium bitrate
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && Filename =$ ".mpg" && FileExists == "%d%/%p%.vprj" && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "Shattered|Rookie Blue|True Blood|The Gates|Entourage"] 
{
   MEDIASHRINKMQ
}
# Low quality show - less bitrate
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && Filename =$ ".mpg" && FileExists == "%d%/%p%.vprj" && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "Stealth Rider|TNA|Minute to Win It|America's Got Talent|Scrappers|Bachelor Pad|NOVA|Operation Repo"]  
{
   MEDIASHRINKLQ
}
# Any shows without commercial cutting
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && MediaAge >= "30M" && Filename =$ ".mpg" && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "WWE"  ] 
{
   MEDIASHRINKNOCUT
}

also EP, with the names what you were saying before about NCIS:Spinoff i'm not exactly sure what u mean with the coding, like i have here WWE = there is raw and smackdown, will WWE be enough for both?? Another example is Bachelor and now there is Bachelor Pad as well as the Bachelorette (swear its for my mom lol) which would be the wildcard for that one, instead of adding all 3 of them there.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Script Assistance

This tool is excellent - thanks for putting this together. I am currently using the drag-and-drop method for transcoding, but there has to be a better way for what I'm trying to accomplish.

I do not have much experience putting scripts together and maybe someone can help me out. I would like to transcode my DVD movies automatically using MediaShrink and move the finished product to another folder. Currently, I have a DVD folder with individual folders for full-disc DVD files. Can someone please help me in developing a batch to cue the transcoding of DVD's?

It would also be great to have a way to establish a time to start and stop /pause the process or listen to CPU usage so that the process does not slow down the machine to a crawl while trying to watch shows in the evening. Also, I'm not sure if there is a way to watch for newly added titles and have these automatically added to the cue.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Okay, so I'm making my 4th attempt at making this work for me. I'm using SJQ and the exact ruleset that you use in the first post in this thread. SJQ works fine for comskip with the client I have set up.

I'm using my office computer to run MS on recordings on the sage server. I've used :MAPDIR to map the drive from localhost to the server. It still is giving me an error that syntax is correct. Here is the log.

Code:
Fri Sep 24 17:46:19 EDT 2010: Starting task with priority 1/1/10
Executing command line: C:/progs/shrink/mediaShrink.exe "\\TASK\recordings\FetchWithRuffRuffman-SaturdayNightWithaSlightFever-3162790-0.mpg" /inPlace /batch /vprofile HQ /vbitrate 2500 /onepass
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Executing command: "C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngine.exe"  /batch /saveLog /inplace /defaultProfile autoEncode /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" /onePass /centralWorkFolder "C:\\Temp" /mediaShrink fixBug "\\TASK\recordings\FetchWithRuffRuffman-SaturdayNightWithaSlightFever-3162790-0.mpg" "/inPlace" "/batch" "/vprofile" "HQ" "/vbitrate" "2500" "/onepass"
 Welcome to mediaEngine v3.0d (Built on 15:04:48.97 07-23-2010 )
 Staring Proccesing at  
  + Executable   : C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngine.exe
  + EXE path     : C:\progs\shrink
 Welcome to mediaEngine v3.0d (Built on 15:04:48.97 07-23-2010 )
 Staring Proccesing at  
  + Executable   : C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngine.exe
  + EXE path     : C:\progs\shrink
  + Parsing switches
    - optionsString: "/batch" "/saveLog" "/inplace" "/defaultProfile" "autoEncode" "/findFileRegEx" "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" "/onePass" "/centralWorkFolder" "C:\\Temp" "/mediaShrink" "fixBug" "\\TASK\recordings\FetchWithRuffRuffman-SaturdayNightWithaSlightFever-3162790-0.mpg" "/inPlace" "/batch" "/vprofile" "HQ" "/vbitrate" "2500" "/onepass" 
        - Replacing quote0: /batch
        - Replacing quote1: /saveLog
        - Replacing quote2: /inplace
        - Replacing quote3: /defaultProfile
        - Replacing quote4: autoEncode
        - Replacing quote5: /findFileRegEx
        - Replacing quote6: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
        - Replacing quote7: /onePass
        - Replacing quote8: /centralWorkFolder
        - Replacing quote9: C:\\Temp
        - Replacing quote10: /mediaShrink
        - Replacing quote11: fixBug
        - Replacing quote12: \\TASK\recordings\FetchWithRuffRuffman-SaturdayNightWithaSlightFever-3162790-0.mpg
        - Replacing quote13: /inPlace
        - Replacing quote14: /batch
        - Replacing quote15: /vprofile
        - Replacing quote16: HQ
        - Replacing quote17: /vbitrate
        - Replacing quote18: 2500
        - Replacing quote19: /onepass
    - Adding to to options Hash
      + Key: batch ()
      + Key: saveLog ()
      + Key: inplace ()
      + Key: defaultProfile ()
      + Value: autoEncode
      + Key: findFileRegEx ()
      + Value: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
      + Key: onePass ()
      + Key: centralWorkFolder ()
      + Value: C:\\Temp
      + Key: mediaShrink ()
      + Value: fixBug
      ! couldn't understand (\\TASK\recordings\FetchWithRuffRuffman-SaturdayNightWithaSlightFever-3162790-0.mpg), throwing it away
      + Key: inPlace ()
      + Key: batch ()
      + Key: vprofile ()
      + Value: HQ
      + Key: vbitrate ()
      + Value: 2500
      + Key: onepass ()
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineProfiles\encodingProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineProfiles\scrapingProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
  + Seraching for avaialble binaries
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineProfiles (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineProfiles\encodingProfiles (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineProfiles\scrapingProfiles (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\Comskip (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\Curl (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\ffmpeg (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\ffmpeg\compiling (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libAften (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libFlac (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libMatrix (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libSsrc (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libSsrc\Sources (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\r8brain (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\plugins (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596 (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596\docs (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4 (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4\doc (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\data (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\doc (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\doc\images (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\examples (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\de (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\de\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\ja (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\ja\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_CN (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_CN\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_TW (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_TW\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mp4box (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311 (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\codecs (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\docs (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts\conf.avail (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts\conf.d (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mplayer (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\tsMuxeR (exe)
      + ccextractorwin.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\ccextractorwin.exe
      + edl2vprj.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\edl2vprj.exe
      + mp4creator.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mp4creator.exe
      + mtee.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mtee.exe
      + touch.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\touch.exe
      + wget.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\wget.exe
      + comskip.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\Comskip\comskip.exe
      + curl.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\Curl\curl.exe
      + eac3to.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\eac3to.exe
      + ffmpeg.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe
      + ffmpeg_SVN.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596\ffmpeg_SVN.exe
      + HandBrakeCLI.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4\HandBrakeCLI.exe
      + mkvextract.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvextract.exe
      + mkvinfo.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvinfo.exe
      + mkvmerge.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe
      + mkvpropedit.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvpropedit.exe
      + mmg.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mmg.exe
      + MP4Box.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\mp4box\MP4Box.exe
      + mencoder.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mencoder.exe
      + mplayer.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mplayer.exe
      + vfw2menc.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\vfw2menc.exe
      + tsMuxeR.exe	: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngineBins\tsMuxeR\tsMuxeR.exe
  + Seraching for input files (avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms)
------------ Processing ----------------
  + Adding per run options: ()()
    + Parsing switches
      - optionsString: 
  + Processing: 
  ! No input file found
    - Making Log File: C:\progs\shrink\mediaEngine.log
  + Looking for profile: 
Couldn't find encode profile: Exiting Code: (1)
Exiting in 5 seconds...
I really don't know what else to do.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 09-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Why would it do this?

Code:
      + Key: mediaShrink ()
      + Value: fixBug
      ! couldn't understand (\\TASK\recordings\FetchWithRuffRuffman-SaturdayNightWithaSlightFever-3162790-0.mpg), throwing it away
Old 09-26-2010, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

ohpleaseno,

Post your client rule it could be as simple as a misplaced quote or a not escaped quote.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Code:
:MAPDIR "D:/recordings" "\\\\TASK\\RECORDINGS"

MEDIASHRINK
{
   :CPU "LOW"
   :MAX 1
   :RESOURCES 51
   "C:/progs/shrink/mediaShrink.exe \"%c%\""
}

Last edited by ohpleaseno; 09-26-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: whoops, wrong client
Old 09-26-2010, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I gather your server PC name is "TASK" because that is what your file shows? if not then something is wrong in your mapping. (:MAPDIR)

1. You are recording to d:/recordings are you sharing that if yes then what is the share name
2. Your mapping should be \\\\SERVERNAME\\SHARENAME

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-26-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Sage User

after running mediashrink shows show up in videos

This probably isn't an issue with MediaShrink but I figure some of you may have run into the problem.

I'm in SageTV 7 and all of the HD-PVR files I've run through MediaShrink (both through SJQ and by drag and drop) are no longer showing up in the list of recordings. I couldn't really figure out what the issue was and I was guessing it was a corrupt db. However I've now noticed that they are showing up in the video section of Sage. In the past when I converted to MKV the shows would eventually show up in the normal recordings section all with the correct info.

Could this be an issue with the fact that 7 now stores some info in files themselves?

Anyone else seen this issue?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I gather your server PC name is "TASK" because that is what your file shows? if not then something is wrong in your mapping. (:MAPDIR)

1. You are recording to d:/recordings are you sharing that if yes then what is the share name
2. Your mapping should be \\\\SERVERNAME\\SHARENAME
Yep, the server that everything is recorded to is "TASK" and the shared folder name is "recordings". I've tried every permutation of case sensitivity and all of them provide the same result.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry i'm not very helpful with MediaShrink right now, I just rebuilt my server and still haven't had a chance to get it up and running again.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

No worries. This is that same problem I've had for ages. Thought I would have another go at it.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm, since I've upgrade to 7.0b17, MediaShrink run under SJQ is often saying it can't delete the original recording after the compression is done as the file is being used by another process. So I end up with two files, the original transport stream and an MKV (and SJQ marks this as a completed task)

Any one else seeing this? It seems to be happening on about half my recordings.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 09-28-2010, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey EP - I have been experimenting with Handbrake to get it to trim down the size of HD-PVR recordings, and I found a setting there that works pretty good for me - I'd like to get this into a profile for MediaShrink, but I'm not sure what all is involved.

Here is the command line form of what I'm using in Handbrake :

Code:
### CLI Query:  -i "D:\SageTV\NCIS-Iced-10424439-0.ts" -t 1 -c 1 -o "NCIS-Iced.mkv" -f mkv -w 1280 --loose-anamorphic  --deinterlace="slow" -e x264 -b 2500 -2  -T  -a 1 -E faac -6 dpl2 -R 48 -B 160 -D 0.0 -x ref=2:bframes=2:subq=6:mixed-refs=0:weightb=0:8x8dct=0:trellis=0 -v 1
This took a 5.6 GB recording down to 1.2 GB. I don't know if all of those parameters are necessary either. Any pointers you can provide are greatly 'preciated.

btl.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Sage Expert

Problem with Commercial Cutting

I seem to have a problem with commercial cutting.

In a batch file
This works:
Code:
m:\MediaShrink.exe %1 /batch /onlyWhenVprj /saveLog
This does not:
Code:
m:\MediaShrink.exe %1 /batch /cutComm /onlyWhenVprj /saveLog
I just drag the MPG to the batch file. In the one that does not work, I get a consistent MKV file just over 100 MB but corrupted.

There are only 2 things that come to mind:
1. Current MediaShrink does not work with v4 build 600 of VRD.
2. Current MediaShrink does not work with vprj files created by the latest H.264 version of comskip.

Any thoughts? I will get you the log file of each once the former is complete. Attached is the later (attempted commercial cutting) log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bones-TheMastodonintheRoom-7058427-0.back.(1).zip (15.0 KB, 162 views)
Old 09-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Sage Expert

Here is the log file without cutting, which seems to produce a fine MKV.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bones-TheMastodonintheRoom-7058427-0.autoEncode.(1).zip (13.0 KB, 164 views)
Old 10-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, after over 9 months of struggling with MS to work with SJQ, I've finally got it working right. While I'm not 100% sure about what finally changed to get the thing going, I'm definitely happy that it works.

So, instead of my normal type of post, I'll just say thanks for this awesome utility.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Well, after over 9 months of struggling with MS to work with SJQ, I've finally got it working right. While I'm not 100% sure about what finally changed to get the thing going, I'm definitely happy that it works.

So, instead of my normal type of post, I'll just say thanks for this awesome utility.

Woo, congrats. Another frustrated/satisfied customer

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-03-2010, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm going to have to go with just a simple "Thank you" for now, too. This little piece of software is just sheer pleasure to have in the library.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:30 PM

DTS Soundtrack not included

Hi,

I'm new to this tool. I tried shrinking both Jurrasic Park 3 and LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring and in both cases, the DTS track did not get included. I've tried creating an MKV file with that as the only track. I also tried using DVD Shrink to only get the DTS track and then using mediashrink. Nothing seemed to work.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by kshurts; 10-04-2010 at 09:57 PM.