SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

How weird. When I posted that log the destination folder that MediaShrink creates was not there, the one where the newly created MKV ends up... Now both the MKV and the folder are right where I was expecting them to be. Not sure what to say, but it's fine now. Sorry I wasted your time.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, blocked out some time this afternoon to hit some issues.
  • Make it easier to use custom handbrake command lines (Fixed: Added /handbrakeFullCommand which will let pretty much specify a full command line)
  • DTS track on DVD's (Fixed: Added support for DTS tracks, it'll still prefer AC3 if available as main track but if no AC3 track is available it'll use the DTS one. You can also use /preferDTS to have it pick a DTS over a AC3 track.)
  • Easier to make hardware compliant mp4 files (Fixed: Added /handbrakeProfile "Universal" /container mp4 and it'll create a video very hardware complient)
  • Does mediashrink work with latest version of VRD w/h.264 support? (Fixed: updated path to search for VRD 4.)
  • mkvmerge with empty files. (Fixed: It'll never try and attach an empty file to an mkv.)
  • Batch file exit codes always failing. (To Check: I think I cleaned this up, need to test it in SJQ to be sure)
  • Add way to easily verify that a process completed successfully. (Fixed: Added way to check a regex against the log file, should fix both my handbrake issue and nyplayer's vrd request)

That should be enough for one afternoon. Feel free to post if you think i'm missing something.

Update: OK, should be done. I'll get it packed up and released this week.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-17-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

EP,

When doing Commcut can you check to make sure video redo did not crash.... by checking for completion. for ex: Output complete to.. Right now if i kill videoredo in taskmanager mediashrink will continue to process the partial file.

Code:
 Output complete to: C:\workfolder\GhostWhisperer-TheCollector-7699528-0.workFolder\GhostWhisperer-TheCollector-7699528-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-17-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
EP,

When doing Commcut can you check to make sure video redo did not crash.... by checking for completion. for ex: Output complete to.. Right now if i kill videoredo in taskmanager mediashrink will continue to process the partial file.

Code:
 Output complete to: C:\workfolder\GhostWhisperer-TheCollector-7699528-0.workFolder\GhostWhisperer-TheCollector-7699528-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg
Sure, i'll take a look at that.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-20-2010, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Finally finished testing v3.0.3 and I must say, i'm quite happy with it. Note that I fixed a lot of things in Mediashrink.bat so you'll need to manually regenerate it by deleting the old one and double clicking MediaShrink.exe.
  • Added support for DVD's with DTS audio - Since MediaShrink aims for simplicity I designed it to only grab one 5.1 audio track and by default it'll prefer AC3 if both AC3 and DTS are available. You can override this by using the /preferDTS flag to make it choose DTS over AC3.
  • Fixed support for VideoRedo v4 - Just needed to update my VRD search paths since they keep changing the install directory on me.
  • Fixed issue where mkvmerge would fail trying to attach empty files.
  • Fixed issue where DVD's output names weren't using the folder name.
  • Fixed a few issues with Mediashrink.bat - It'll now return the proper exit code, priority settings appers to be working properly, and there was a bug where it couldn't handle quoted parameters that had spaces.
  • Added a way to detect if executables failed/crashed - I now do a quick check of the executable log file to ensure that the task succeeded before moving on. Should prevent cases where Handbrake/VideoRedo silently crash resulting in incomplete videos. Thanks to nyplayer for the great idea!
  • Added /handbrakeFullCommand for specifying a full custom command line - I don't think it'll work for DVD's yet, but should be fine for videos.
  • Added support for handbrake profiles - You can now use handbrake's built in presets. For example...
    Code:
    /handbrakeProfile "Universal" /container mp4 /outputSubFolder "Hardware Player"
    /handbrakeProfile "iPhone & iPod Touch" /container mp4 /outputSubFolder "iPhone"
    Would generate a mp4 file compatable with most hardware players and iphones respectivly.

In addition, I updated my recommended SJQ client profile in the 2nd post to use MediaShrink.bat file instead of MediaShrink.exe directly since it'll set the priority correctly (at least on my PC's).

You can download it from the plugin menu hidden under Library->MediaShrink or grab it directly from here. Remember to make sure MediaShrink isn't running before you try and update otherwise it'll fail!

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-20-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

EP

There appears to be an error in the way you call cscript in videoredo

PS I know the check for VideoRedo fails and HandBrake fails works :-) Great Job

Code:
        = Overall: True, using: C:\testfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.VPrj
      + Processing conditional: EXT:VPrj||EXISTS:<:>#VRD_CUT#//nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\\vp.vbs" "C:\testfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.VPrj" "C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg" /t1 /q /e
        - Conditional List: EXT:VPrj||EXISTS:
          + Checking: EXT:VPrj
            - Does file exist next to inputFile with a (.VPrj) extention? (C:\testfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.VPrj)
              + True
          + Checking: EXISTS:
            - Does file () exist?
              + False
        = Overall: True, using: #VRD_CUT#//nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\\vp.vbs" "C:\testfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.VPrj" "C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg" /t1 /q /e
        - Executing command: cscript #VRD_CUT#//nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\\vp.vbs" "C:\testfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.VPrj" "C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg" /t1 /q /e > "C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18..log" 2>&1
          + ------ Last 30 lines of log -------
          + Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
          +  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
          +  
          +  Input Error: There is no file extension in "C:\SJQJOBSProd\MediaShrink\#VRD_CUT#\nologo".
  + outputfilemain -> inputmain (C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg)(C:/workfolder/SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder/SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN)(C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN)(!#vrd_cutCommercials##VRD_CUT#//nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\\vp.vbs" "C:\testfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.VPrj" "C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg" /t1 /q /e)
        - Getting Video Info: (C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg)(0)
            + FFmpeg version SVN-r25, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
            +   configuration: --target-os=mingw32 --prefix=/home/daved/Development/SageTV/Projects/buildwin/stage --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --enable-gpl --disable-decoder=aac --disable-encoder=aac --disable-demuxer=ea --disable-devices --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-pthreads --disable-debug --enable-memalign-hack --extra-cflags=-fno-common -march=i686 -mtune=i686 -DWIN32 -I/home/daved/Development/SageTV/Projects/buildwin/stage/include --extra-ldflags=-L/home/daved/Development/SageTV/Projects/buildwin/stage/lib --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=i686-pc-mingw32-
            +   libavutil     50. 2. 0 / 50. 2. 0
            +   libavcodec    52.22. 3 / 52.22. 3
            +   libavformat   52.32. 0 / 52.32. 0
            +   libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
            +   libswscale     0. 7. 1 /  0. 7. 1
            +   built on Sep  1 2009 09:13:24, gcc: 4.2.4
            + C:\workfolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.workFolder\SwiftJusticeWithNancyGrace-7762047-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg: no such file or directory

- Remaining Commands (8): (/setOptions)
      + Command : /setOptions
        - Adding to command parameter hash 
          + Key: setOptions
      + Processing conditional: !(>prevExeLog=~Output complete to<)<:>/ERROR "Commercial Cutting failed"
        - Conditional List: prevExeLog=~Output complete to
          + Checking: prevExeLog=~Output complete to
            - Does {prevExeLog}(microsoft (r) windows script host version 5.8  copyright (c) microsoft corporation. all rights reserved.    input error: there is no file extension in "c:\sjqjobsprod\mediashrink\#vrd_cut#\nologo". ) =~ (output complete to)? 
              + False
        - Conditional List: !0
          + Checking: !0
            - Previously Resolved Condition: 0
              + !False (True)
        = Overall: True, using: /ERROR "Commercial Cutting failed"
        + Parsing switches
          - optionsString: /ERROR "Commercial Cutting failed"
        - Replacing quote0: Commercial Cutting failed
    ! Error reported from profile file: Commercial Cutting failed
    ! Moving onto next file
  + Total Time : 00:00:36
this is how the old one reads.

Code:
 = Overall: True, using: #VRD_CUT#//nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\\vp.vbs" "C:\testfolder\DesperateHousewives-TheThingThatCountsIsWhatsInside-7761818-0.VPrj" "C:\workfolder\DesperateHousewives-TheThingThatCountsIsWhatsInside-7761818-0.workFolder\DesperateHousewives-TheThingThatCountsIsWhatsInside-7761818-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg" /t1 /q /e
        - Executing command: cscript //nologo "C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\\vp.vbs" "C:\testfolder\DesperateHousewives-TheThingThatCountsIsWhatsInside-7761818-0.VPrj" "C:\workfolder\DesperateHousewives-TheThingThatCountsIsWhatsInside-7761818-0.workFolder\DesperateHousewives-TheThingThatCountsIsWhatsInside-7761818-0.scratch.0.18.MAIN.mpg" /t1 /q /e > "C:\workfolder\DesperateHousewives-TheThingThatCountsIsWhatsInside-7761818-0.workFolder\DesperateHousewives-TheThingThatCountsIsWhatsInside-7761818-0.scratch.0.18..log" 2>&1
Code:
I was able to get it working by changing this line un the comm cut profile.

From 

Encode CLI #1     =!#vrd_cutCommercials#?>EXT:VPrj||EXISTS:%%inputVprj%%<:>#VRD_CUT#//nologo "%%VideoRedoPath%%\vp.vbs" "?>EXT:VPrj<:>%%ORIGINAL_FULLFILE%%.VPrj<=>%%inputVPRJ%%<?" "%%OUTPUT_MAIN%%.mpg" /t1 /q /e<?

To
   Encode CLI #1     =!#vrd_cutCommercials#?>EXT:VPrj||EXISTS:%%inputVprj%%<:>//nologo "%%VideoRedoPath%%\vp.vbs" "?>EXT:VPrj<:>%%ORIGINAL_FULLFILE%%.VPrj<=>%%inputVPRJ%%<?" "%%OUTPUT_MAIN%%.mpg" /t1 /q /e<?

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-21-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
EP
There appears to be an error in the way you call cscript in videoredo

Probably this line:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite\\vp.vbs"
Looks like a typo for the "\\" in the path.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Code:
I was able to get it working by changing this line un the comm cut profile.

From 

Encode CLI #1     =!#vrd_cutCommercials#?>EXT:VPrj||EXISTS:%%inputVprj%%<:>#VRD_CUT#//nologo "%%VideoRedoPath%%\vp.vbs" "?>EXT:VPrj<:>%%ORIGINAL_FULLFILE%%.VPrj<=>%%inputVPRJ%%<?" "%%OUTPUT_MAIN%%.mpg" /t1 /q /e<?

To
   Encode CLI #1     =!#vrd_cutCommercials#?>EXT:VPrj||EXISTS:%%inputVprj%%<:>//nologo "%%VideoRedoPath%%\vp.vbs" "?>EXT:VPrj<:>%%ORIGINAL_FULLFILE%%.VPrj<=>%%inputVPRJ%%<?" "%%OUTPUT_MAIN%%.mpg" /t1 /q /e<?
opps, i'll update the download today. Thanks for catching it!

Old 10-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Feature Request

I think it would be nice to marry the drag-and-drop capability of your tool with a simple user selectable list of custom profiles. Just a simple numbered menu of choices that pops up when you drop a video onto the executable. Then have one text file like the mediashrink.defaults.txt where the user can cook up their profile and give it some kind of unique name that shows on the simple menu with a number corresponding with the profile one wants to run at that time. If a user doesn't choose one of the profiles in so many seconds it just executes based on the defaults you’ve already set up.

Is this idea worthy of implementation?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Is this idea worthy of implementation?
That's an excellent idea, I can whip up a batch file that does that this weekend

Old 11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey EP, ever since i switched to the new version 3.03 and now 3.04 the commercial cutting is not happening on any of the shows. with the 3.01d i think (last i used) it would miss one every now and then, but now it doesnt cut anything - quite dissapointing when all the comerical data (edl/vprj) is gone too once file is converted

any ideas whats happening.

you probably dont remember, but im only using comskip to create vprj files and sjq is set to run only when vprj is available....instead of time delay...
Old 11-06-2010, 03:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Just started using v3.0.4. Started re-creating my own few batch files, and came upon a strange occurance. As soon as I copy the original batch file, and add just a single switch behind %COMMAND%, the encode poops out (forgive my highly technical explanations) right as it finishes.

If I drag and drop on the original unedited batch file, it works fine.

I should probably mention that I'm encoding across gigabit network, source files reside on a different computer from the encoding machine, and my mediashrink files reside in a folder called "mediashrink304"
------------------------------
@ECHO OFF

set COMMAND=
:LOOP
IF (%1)==() GOTO NEXT
set COMMAND=%COMMAND% %1
shift
GOTO LOOP

:NEXT
cd /D "C:\Utility\MediaShrink304"
start "MediaShrink" /B /LOW /WAIT mediaShrink.exe %COMMAND% /tee
echo Exit Code = %ERRORLEVEL%
exit
Old 11-06-2010, 03:09 AM
SageTVaholic

To the folks asking about DVD settings, I've been using these commands in my drag-n-drop batch file:

%COMMAND% /TEE /vPROFILE HQ /twoPass /xRes 720 /vbitrate 1300 /container mp4

Because the source DVD material is at such a low resolution to begin with, I can't really justify a higher bitrate. Tested on computer/monitor, WDTVLive device/TV, and notebook computer, can't really tell the difference between the encoded file and the original .vob. I was running at a bitrate of 900, but it fell apart once in a while, so I bumped it up to 1300.

You wouldn't need to use the mp4 container.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Sage Icon

Try putting your switches in the "set COMMAND=" line.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-06-2010, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Just started using v3.0.4. Started re-creating my own few batch files, and came upon a strange occurance. As soon as I copy the original batch file, and add just a single switch behind %COMMAND%, the encode poops out (forgive my highly technical explanations) right as it finishes.

If I drag and drop on the original unedited batch file, it works fine.
Can you post a mediaShrink.log for the failed encodes?

Old 11-06-2010, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's the mediaEngine.log file, EP. The only change made was to make a copy of the batch file, and add the "/TEE" command. Works fine with the original batch file, but not the slightly modified file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mediaEngine.zip (11.0 KB, 160 views)
Old 11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay, was able to confirm it's *only* the /TEE command that's causing this issue.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I do some complicated stuff to make the /tee functionality work, so its not surprising that it doesn't work over UNC paths. If you map the network drive it should work though.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep, I can go that route. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

running 3.04 MediaShrink

I'm having lots of crashes lately in HandbrakeCli.exe on my networked PC that handles nightly compression. Anything changed in the last month or so in MS that might be causing this? The files are compressed over the network via the UNC path. Never been a problem until recently.

It's always crashing in the same lib file, I'll grab the dump and log files next time it happens.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL