SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't get picture through HDMI on HD200

So I have been messing with the HD200 so far on my SD TV via RCA cables and all has been well. When I brought it down to my home theater for a trial run I could not get any signal via HDMI.

The users guide here says there should be an output resolution option and Native Output Resoution Switching option under Detailed Setup->Multimedia settings but I do not see it.

I am using SageMC and viewing the default STV setup options not the SageMC options.

I tried pulling and replacing the HDMI cable on the HD200, that did nothing.
I tried pressing the video out button several times while on the input and never get a signal.

I'm sort of out of options at this point. Let me know if you need any other information that might help me get this sorted out. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

Did you try using the video out button ont he HD200. This button should cycle through all of the available output on the back of the HD200. One you press it give it a few seconds to see if it worked. If not try pressing it again. Remember it will cycle through ALL available outputs, so it make take a few trys to get to HDMI.

Also remmeber its not an instance switch. take a few seconds...
Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Did you try using the video out button ont he HD200.
From my post "I tried pressing the video out button several times while on the input and never get a signal."

I'll try it again tonight but I'm pretty sure I waited between each press since i have other HDMI components and know how it behaves It is also hard to tell if you have cycled through all the available outputs since all I get is a no signal image from my television.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah i know...its hard to tell..What i actually did when this happened to me is i just hooked up component fromt he HD200 tot he Tv, started up the extender, stopped it from connecting to the SageTV Server, and then went into settings and changed changed the preferred output to HDMI. Which is NOT the same as the Native output resolution switching i think you mentioned earlier.

So you can give this a try too and see how it goes...

~Pix64
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah i know...its hard to tell..What i actually did when this happened to me is i just hooked up component fromt he HD200 tot he Tv, started up the extender, stopped it from connecting to the SageTV Server, and then went into settings and changed changed the preferred output to HDMI. Which is NOT the same as the Native output resolution switching i think you mentioned earlier.

So you can give this a try too and see how it goes...

~Pix64
How did you see a preferred output option? As I mentioned in my original post I could NOT find the native output resolution menu in my setup even though I looked where the user guide said to.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

if you go from the STOCK ui on the HD200...so do NOT connect to the SageTV Server running in your home. if you go to settings there is a video submenu. its in there. If you still can't find it i can fire up one of my HD200 and let you know exactly what to look for.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
if you go from the STOCK ui on the HD200...so do NOT connect to the SageTV Server running in your home. if you go to settings there is a video submenu. its in there. If you still can't find it i can fire up one of my HD200 and let you know exactly what to look for.
Thanks, I'll try it when I get home. I have my HD200 set to auto-connect so I'll just choose not to connect. It never occurred to me that I would get different settings options depending on whether I connect to the server or not.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Pix, that worked exactly as you described. I assumed I would have the same options when I connected to a server as I would when I didn't, which wasn't the case.

Is there a technical reason that these options aren't available once you connect to a server?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Sage Icon

The only "reason" i can think of is that when you are NOT conected to the server you are actually making changes to the internal hardware configuratino of the Hd200 rather than the XML SageMC or default STV file which is simply run on the HD200...

Anyways Glad it worked and i was able to help out :-)