SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Have a look in the sage debug log. Any errors? I've verified that the xml buttons are working on my system.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

hi,

Thanks for the hint - I found out what the issue was - I have a channel where I don't have EPG and created a timed recording. It appeared in the recordings listing as unknown airing. After I had deleted the recording the xml works again. Now I don't remember how I created that recording - either from epg or as a timed recording (webserver - Schedule recordings / Timed recording)

PHP Code:
vr 1/20 19:23:41.408 [13927773@qtp-3107562-2@d4855d] ::WARN:  RecordingsServletException while processing servlet net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingsServlet
vr 1
/20 19:23:41.417 [13927773@qtp-3107562-2@d4855djava.lang.NullPointerException
vr 1
/20 19:23:41.429 [13927773@qtp-3107562-2@d4855d] ::WARN:  RecordingsServletException while processing servlet
vr 1
/20 19:23:41.437 [13927773@qtp-3107562-2@d4855djava.io.IOExceptionClosed
vr 1
/20 19:23:41.445 [13927773@qtp-3107562-2@d4855d] ::WARN:  /sage/Recordings
vr 1
/20 19:23:41.461 [11725246@qtp-3107562-Acceptor1 SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080@b2e9be] ::INFO:  seeing JVM BUG(s) - cancelling interestOps==0
vr 1
/20 19:25:07.032 [Ministry@1ea71d4Ministry is waiting for 180 sec 
I would need to do some tests with manual recordings to recreate the error but that will have to wait a bit as I have a pretty full recording schedule now...
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

@Slugger - I know you said that you weren't really looking at adding new functionality to this but...

It would be great to be able to add SJQ tasks to media files selected in the Web UI. What I mean is in the Sage Recordings screen you see a list of shows with a check box beside them. At the bottom of the screen there is a dropdown box called "Action on selected:". It would be great to add "Add SJQ task" to the other options in the dropdown box. This would be a quick and easy way to add ta ask to lots of different files at once.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
@Slugger - I know you said that you weren't really looking at adding new functionality to this but...

It would be great to be able to add SJQ tasks to media files selected in the Web UI. What I mean is in the Sage Recordings screen you see a list of shows with a check box beside them. At the bottom of the screen there is a dropdown box called "Action on selected:". It would be great to add "Add SJQ task" to the other options in the dropdown box. This would be a quick and easy way to add ta ask to lots of different files at once.
You should ticket this in my project. I'll level with you, though, it's unlikely to be addressed. I'm just about at the point where I'm nearly done with SageTV development. My system works and I'll continue to use it as my "production" system probably for some time to come, but I'm not seeing any reason to continue development for this platform. I'm losing interest in continuing any development with it.

For the last eight months most of my development work (actually all of it, I think) has focused on addressing the various "what if" scenarios if/when Google starts to shut things down.

I've addressed EPG issues, extender issues, plugin repo issues, etc. I've addressed them all sufficiently enough that if needed I'll be able to cope with whatever Google might end up taking away. With those issues addressed to my satisfaction I have no desire to innovate any further with this platform - lots of ideas, but no motivation. Why? Without any reason to believe otherwise, it's my belief that either Jeff/Google is going to eventually announce something "new" that won't work with anything we're using here or Google will simply shut it all down and everyone scatters to whatever they feel fits their needs (MC7, NPVR, Myth, etc.). Ultimately, I cringe at spending a few weeks or months writing something only to end up moving to the next evolution of Sage or to something else should Google scrap this project altogether and having to reimplement my ideas all over again on whatever platform I end up on next. My belief that I will eventually end up on some other platform, either from necessity or choice, is causing me to stop with any new/major development work on this platform.

With the silence and uncertainty from Google (8 months of silence speaks volumes to me), I'm now finding new projects (open source and otherwise) to engage in and I suspect that unless something drastic changes before my typical spring/summer shutdown, I probably won't be around the Sage community come autumn.

None of these thoughts are set in stone, but it's where my head is right now (and has been for a couple weeks).
Old 02-22-2012, 09:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Your response is very understandable. I don't put a high probability on this but I hope that Google does come out with something useful that we can use with what we have invested in Sage in terms of both hardware and plugins. But even if that is the case I fear that it is less likely to be useful for folks outside of the US (such as you and I in Canada) as Google's direction likely includes more streaming of some sort which will likely involve IP filtering. (Hopefully that is not too onerous to defeat with a VPN or unblockus).

Thanks for all of your work as your various plugins have been a huge benefit to the Sage community.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Do NOT upgrade groovy library plugin; breaks groovy functions in web UI

There was a recent upgrade to the groovy engine plugin, in support of my new Schedules Direct EPG plugin. Turns out the upgrade breaks all groovy processing in the web UI code, for reasons unknown to me at this point.

If you have not upgraded that library, then don't. If you have then realize that all groovy functions in the web ui are broken until I can find time to figure out why and fix it (not at the top of my list).

The work around for those affected:
  • Stop Sage
  • Rename/move SageTV\JARs\groovy-all-1.8.8.jar
  • Replace it with groovy-all-1.7.11.jar; download it from http://groovy.codehaus.org
  • Restart Sage

There is currently nothing in the Sage repository that depends on the updated groovy engine so you would only have been upgraded if you did it yourself manually or you're running some kind of auto updater script (such as my SJQ auto updater task script). New installs of the web ui would also install this groovy version and would be broken (groovy functions only; base web UI functions not affected).
Old 10-16-2012, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
There was a recent upgrade to the groovy engine plugin, in support of my new Schedules Direct EPG plugin. Turns out the upgrade breaks all groovy processing in the web UI code, for reasons unknown to me at this point.

If you have not upgraded that library, then don't. If you have then realize that all groovy functions in the web ui are broken until I can find time to figure out why and fix it (not at the top of my list).

The work around for those affected:
  • Stop Sage
  • Rename/move SageTV\JARs\groovy-all-1.8.8.jar
  • Replace it with groovy-all-1.7.11.jar; download it from http://groovy.codehaus.org
  • Restart Sage

There is currently nothing in the Sage repository that depends on the updated groovy engine so you would only have been upgraded if you did it yourself manually or you're running some kind of auto updater script (such as my SJQ auto updater task script). New installs of the web ui would also install this groovy version and would be broken (groovy functions only; base web UI functions not affected).
The groovy plugin has since been updated in the repository; this is no longer an issue.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
The groovy plugin has since been updated in the repository; this is no longer an issue.
I did manually update but then applied the work around fix. Now there's a system message that the plugin can't find the updated jar file (I replaced it with the earlier version as per the fix.)

What's the proper procedure I should follow? Ignore, uninstall and update the plugin as the message indicates or some other course of action?

I've attached a copy of the message.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageAlert New WARN system message generated.txt (237 Bytes, 195 views)

Last edited by gdippel; 10-17-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I did manually update but then applied the work around fix. Now there's a system message that the plugin can't find the updated jar file (I replaced it with the earlier version as per the fix.)

What's the proper procedure I should follow? Ignore, uninstall and update the plugin as the message indicates or some other course of action?

I've attached a copy of the message.
Yeah, if you replaced the jar manually then you were going to get that warning. That's expected. If you then "upgraded" the plugin, which actually downgraded the jar back to 1.7.11, then you're fine. You should not be receiving that warning anymore and the original warning can then be ignored. I'd go to your SageTV\JARs folder and just make sure there isn't multiple groovy jars in there. There should just be one: groovy-all-1.7.11.jar
Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

I also noticed that there are update notifications for the HTTPCore and HTTPClient plugins but no options to update are available. I assume these are related to the same issue. I've attached screen shots of the notices and options. Thanks Slugger for all your help and continuing work on the epg plugin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plugin options.JPG (222.2 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg Plugin updates.JPG (238.1 KB, 219 views)
Old 10-17-2012, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I also noticed that there are update notifications for the HTTPCore and HTTPClient plugins but no options to update are available. I assume these are related to the same issue. I've attached screen shots of the notices and options. Thanks Slugger for all your help and continuing work on the epg plugin.
That's a whole other issue, which I'll address when the time comes. Basically, I packaged the current HttpCore and HttpClient plugins wrong and to upgrade them is going to be a bit of a mess for people.

But you won't need to upgrade them until the new EPG plugin is released so I won't bother explaining the required procedure until then.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Simple web based log file reader

Thought I had already shared this before, but guess not. Anyway, if you hate having to ssh/remote desktop into your Sage server just to read log files, throw this script into SageTV\webserver\groovy\log.gsp

Code:
<@ webserver/templates/header.gsp @>
<%
def f = params.f ? new File(params.f).absoluteFile : null
if(f && f.name =~ /\.(?:log|txt)$/ && f.toString().startsWith(new File('').absolutePath) && f.exists()) {
        out << '<pre>\n'
        out << f.text
        out << '</pre>\n'
} else
        out << 'Invalid log file requested!'
%>
<@ webserver/templates/footer.gsp @>
Then on your web UI, just access the script and pass it a log file from your SageTV directory (or a subdir of SageTV):

Code:
http://your_jetty_server/sage/log.gsp?f=sagetv_0.txt
That will then load the specified log file in your browser for easy access.

The file name is a path to a file relative to your SageTV root directory. Only files with a txt or log extension are loaded by this script (should be obvious how to change that, if desired). Only a file found within your SageTV root directory will be loaded. An attempt to read a file outside the Sage root will be denied.** Again, subdirs are acceptable:

Code:
http://your_jetty_server/sage/log.gsp?f=plugins/sdepg/logs/sdepg.log
Trying to access a file outside Sage root will be rejected:

Code:
http://your_jetty_server/sage/log.gsp?f=/etc/passwd
Rejected!**

Code:
http://your_jetty_server/sage/log.gsp?f=../../../etc/passwd
Rejected!**

** I don't claim this script is 100% secure, YMMV. But it's 8 lines so feel free to audit for yourself. Seems to reject access as I designed it, but, again, I won't claim someone won't be able to find a way to break through. But I've deemed it good enough to throw on my server (for some time now) and all has been good.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM

Web Server not starting after SageTV service restart

Hi,

I just installed the Web Interface V2 on Jetty using the migration instructions on the sageplugins wiki. Everything went fine and the web server worked OK after the web server plugin install. However - when I stop and restart the SageTV service, the web server no longer responds. If I go into the Jetty config and restart it there - everything works again. I've been running SageTV since version 5&6 and I've had the original nielm web server installed for a long time. I'm currently on V7 via the provided SageTV & SageTVService zips. One more thing - after the web server plugin install, the JettyStarter.properties file was not present. Anybody have any ideas?

-Bob
Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

For some reason the web server randomly stopped working today. I logged in earlier today but after a server reboot it no longer is working. All I get is a 404 error.

HTTP ERROR: 404 Problem accessing /sage/Home. Reason:
Not Found

I have enabled "Debug" logging and attached my log. Can some please help? THANX!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (337.7 KB, 526 views)
Old 03-20-2013, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Go into \SageTV\jetty\contexts\

Open the file nielm_websrv.context.xml and save it (ensure it gets a new timestamp). That will force the app to reload. Does that fix it? If not then a jar or some other file probably has gone missing on your system.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

That didn't fix it. Do I need to reinstall the web server? If so how do I do that? If not, what do you suggest I try next? THANX!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
That didn't fix it. Do I need to reinstall the web server? If so how do I do that? If not, what do you suggest I try next? THANX!
Hard to say. Look at the sagetv log file shortly after you updated the file. Any errors? Something's gone missing. A reinstall of the plugin might fix it, but I can't say that for sure.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanx for help. I figured it out. I updated "FlexRAID" which also uses a web server. I was using 8088 but when I installed the new version it got reset to 8080. So once I set it back to 8088 both web servers work again.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Sage User

SJQ appears 3 times on the top with the new version

I upgraded last night now SJQ has three listings on the top of the page.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Scoobz View Post
I upgraded last night now SJQ has three listings on the top of the page.
Yup, to be fixed in the next build. The fix has already been committed, it will be in the next build. There is no ETA for a new build. Could be weeks, months, etc. Other than the annoyance factor, it doesn't really hurt anything, which is why I didn't do another new build just for this fix.