SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Ah... I bet I know. You also have BMT/phoenix-core installed? If so, I'm pretty sure you've been hit by this issue. Seems it's also auto filling in ratings for tv shows now, too. And the ratings it's filling in don't quite match the names of the images the web ui has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Yes, I have bmt installed. That must be it.
See this post, for phoenix 2.5.2, which addresses these issues.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I am running Diamond and I see these upgrades for Phoenix Core which I haven't applied yet. Should I be applying those upgrades?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I am running Diamond and I see these upgrades for Phoenix Core which I haven't applied yet. Should I be applying those upgrades?
Diamond does use many core parts of Phoenix (including fanart, vfs, etc), so, it probably would be a good idea... and I know that Jusjoken has added Weather stuff to phoenix (the relationship between Phoenix and Gemstone is a very good one). The couple of releases of Phoenix includes weather updates, metadata/fanart updates and stuff for Phoenix 2 UI.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Sage Icon

Any chance we can specify our own sage_all.css? It's a bit of a pain to update, restart Sage, then bring it all down again to bang the CSS file in the WAR file. I'm lazy... Would be much better if it could check somewhere else for an alternate CSS before in the extracted folder...

Thanks for all the effort!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Any chance we can specify our own sage_all.css? It's a bit of a pain to update, restart Sage, then bring it all down again to bang the CSS file in the WAR file. I'm lazy... Would be much better if it could check somewhere else for an alternate CSS before in the extracted folder...

Thanks for all the effort!
Sorry, just isn't going to happen most likely. There are just too many places in the legacy code where I'd have to add support. Just when you think you found and fixed them all, something else would pop up. You can open a ticket for it and next time I'm poking around the code I'll investigate and maybe give it a shot, but the legacy code is just too much to try and make this kind of change. If I did I'd inevitably miss one so your new css would load on 90% of the pages but then not load on the one page you probably care about then I have to go on a wild goose chase to try and track down why that one page doesn't work like the rest of them.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks anyway, I'll open ticket and keep fingers crossed...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Many times when I manually schedule a TV program by clicking on it in the Web UI guide, then clicking "record," I have noticed that the very next screen will immediately show an "unresolved conflict." The conflict clears as soon as I move on ... just wondering if there is something I can do to avoid this.

Using Internet Explorer 10.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Many times when I manually schedule a TV program by clicking on it in the Web UI guide, then clicking "record," I have noticed that the very next screen will immediately show an "unresolved conflict." The conflict clears as soon as I move on ... just wondering if there is something I can do to avoid this.

Using Internet Explorer 10.
This happens even if you do not use the web server. If I record manually It sets a conflict flag in Sage until it checks scheduled recordings to make sure there is no conflict.... then it clears the flag.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Take me through the steps where you see the same activity in the Sage UI.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Take me through the steps where you see the same activity in the Sage UI.
Go to EPG, select an airing, mark it for manual record. The conflict icon will show up in the EPG for a second or two then goes away (assuming there is no conflict). This is default STV.

I could "fix" the behaviour in the web ui by simply delaying for 3 seconds before reloading the page after scheduling a manual recording, but it's not really anything to be fixed. But more importantly, there's a greater chance I break something more important trying to fix this so I really won't touch it.

Now depending on your server specs, you may not see the same behaviour in the STV. I'm on a Q6600, which is getting long in the tooth (to be fixed this summer with new server build! ). But you see it on the web ui more often because the web request sets the manual status and polls the rec schedule so fast that you are more likely to catch it in that temp conflict state. As I say, the "fix" is to simply delay that poll after scheduling a manual recording. But it's not a fix that I'd try to implement (risk v. reward; risk of doing more damage is too high, imho).
Old 05-15-2013, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Understood. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quick question. I access the SageTV web plugin via my Phone, Tablet, Laptop etc... on a constant basis, and am so tired of putting a username and password. I tried to figure this out myself, but short of starting to jack up the jetty.xml, and realm.properties to an unusable state, I am wondering if somebody can help me with just disabling authentication altogether. I don't plan on my SageTV Server web interface being accessible from outside my house, so I am not worried about security.
Thanks ahead for any input or help.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Quick question. I access the SageTV web plugin via my Phone, Tablet, Laptop etc... on a constant basis, and am so tired of putting a username and password. I tried to figure this out myself, but short of starting to jack up the jetty.xml, and realm.properties to an unusable state, I am wondering if somebody can help me with just disabling authentication altogether. I don't plan on my SageTV Server web interface being accessible from outside my house, so I am not worried about security.
Thanks ahead for any input or help.
You have to modify the context xml file for the app to disable the auth, there's no other way.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
You have to modify the context xml file for the app to disable the auth, there's no other way.
That worked thanks!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Go to EPG, select an airing, mark it for manual record. The conflict icon will show up in the EPG for a second or two then goes away (assuming there is no conflict). This is default STV.

I could "fix" the behaviour in the web ui by simply delaying for 3 seconds before reloading the page after scheduling a manual recording, but it's not really anything to be fixed. But more importantly, there's a greater chance I break something more important trying to fix this so I really won't touch it.

Now depending on your server specs, you may not see the same behaviour in the STV. I'm on a Q6600, which is getting long in the tooth (to be fixed this summer with new server build! ). But you see it on the web ui more often because the web request sets the manual status and polls the rec schedule so fast that you are more likely to catch it in that temp conflict state. As I say, the "fix" is to simply delay that poll after scheduling a manual recording. But it's not a fix that I'd try to implement (risk v. reward; risk of doing more damage is too high, imho).
Even a few seconds may not be enough. I do manual recordings a LOT (stupid networks that can't tell time causing all kinds of conflicts) and depending on how many things are recording and how "deep" you are into the schedule (i.e. 6-7 days) it may take up to a minute to resolve and update on the schedule and the conflicts ticker at the top of the menu screens. If it is something in today's EPG it usually gets resolved pretty quickly, so even a simple browser refresh within a few seconds should do the trick.

It isn't a web UI problem, it is just one of those nitpicky things that were never fully fixed in SageTv.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

I loaded the sagetv web interface, restarted sagetv and cannot login.

I;m using the address: http://localhost:8080/sage/home

I'm trying this from the sage server itself and useing the sage/frey account and I'm getting:

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /sage/home. Reason:
SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------