SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
It looks like the Remove Favorite option was removed from the favorite details screen (and Recorded Airings shows up twice).

Post: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=610015
Thanks for posting in this thread. It would have been a while before I saw it in the other thread.

That's just a mistake. I'll fix it.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
That's just a mistake. I'll fix it.
That fix is pushed. As soon as it's merged into the SageTv plugins repo, it'll go out to everyone.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Would it be possible to have two versions available? One with HTTP basic authentication enabled and one with no authentication enabled? The reason I ask is that I have all my home web services forwarded through Nginx on unRAID and use it to provide a single sign-on using HTTP basic authentication. I can go in and manually edit the the war's xml configuration file and remove authentication but it gets overwritten the next time there is an update.

Not sure how difficult it would be to produce two versions that differ by one file?
Old 09-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Would it be possible to have two versions available? One with HTTP basic authentication enabled and one with no authentication enabled? The reason I ask is that I have all my home web services forwarded through Nginx on unRAID and use it to provide a single sign-on using HTTP basic authentication. I can go in and manually edit the the war's xml configuration file and remove authentication but it gets overwritten the next time there is an update.

Not sure how difficult it would be to produce two versions that differ by one file?
You can also have Nginx pass the login credentials.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

But there can be other reasons to not want authentication. I have an old driver for my Home Automation system that works with SageTV but it only works with no authentication on the web server.

And for a system that doesn't have ports forwarded to the internet I don't care or want authentication, especially when using mobile devices like iPhones or iPads to get to the web UI.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
You can also have Nginx pass the login credentials.
That's what I'm doing. really pretty simple.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-05-2017, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That's what I'm doing. really pretty simple.
I looked it up and figured out how to do that instead. Thanks.

Ideally it would be nice to have a way to disable authentication. Having it hardwired into the WAR's configuration is not ideal. I'm not sure if there is a way for a Jetty web application to have authentication be dynamically configurable?
Old 09-05-2017, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Ideally you should be able to shut if off for the Jetty web server itself. If you don't open your SageTV Jetty web server up to the internet, or only do that via an nginx reverse proxy or a VPN, then IMHO you don't need authentication on the SageTV Jetty web server.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ideally it would be nice to have a way to disable authentication. Having it hardwired into the WAR's configuration is not ideal. I'm not sure if there is a way for a Jetty web application to have authentication be dynamically configurable?
There are 2 easy ways I see to do this. The first would be to set the plugin to not overwrite the context if it exists. The advantage here is that you could make whatever changes you want and they'd stay from one release to the next. The disadvantage is that if the plugin ever needs to change the context, it would have to wipe out those changes (what it does now).

The other way is to set the value of authenticate from a system property (defaulting to true if the property isn't set). This would allow you to update jetty.xml to set that property to false. That file is much less likely to change. (When was the last update to Jetty for Sage?)

I'd lean toward the first method, but I'm open to suggestions.

In the future, I'd like to see the web server have its own login/user management system, making jetty authentication unnecessary. (But that would be quite a way off.)
Old 09-07-2017, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way that the date drop down selector on the EPG pages can be updated to reflect the number of days of EPG data available rather than the 14 day limit it has now? I have my EPG set to 21 days but have to manually use the date arrows to actually see the EPG on days past 13 days in the future.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Is there a way that the date drop down selector on the EPG pages can be updated to reflect the number of days of EPG data available rather than the 14 day limit it has now? I have my EPG set to 21 days but have to manually use the date arrows to actually see the EPG on days past 13 days in the future.
Sure. That should be easy enough to accomplish.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Version 3.3 will be available shortly.

1. Don't overwrite jetty context on upgrade
2. Use configured schedule lookahead to determine how may days to show in the EPG drop-down
Old 10-02-2017, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Can you enable a favorite that is currently disabled from the web UI?

My NBA basketball favorite is currently disabled as I don't want it recording old games during the off-season.

So I went into the web UI where it shows: "Favorite: NBA Basketball DisabledFavorite [raptors] First Runs"

On the left side it shows:
All Airings
Past Airings
Future Airings
Recorded Airings
Disable Favorite
Remove Favorite
Edit Properties

I tried clicking Disabled Favorite and that changed the left hand menu item from Disable Favorite to Enable Favorite. But it still showed DisabledFavorite in the title.

Do I have to enable from the Sage UI, not the web UI?
Old 10-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Can you enable a favorite that is currently disabled from the web UI?

My NBA basketball favorite is currently disabled as I don't want it recording old games during the off-season.

So I went into the web UI where it shows: "Favorite: NBA Basketball DisabledFavorite [raptors] First Runs"

On the left side it shows:
All Airings
Past Airings
Future Airings
Recorded Airings
Disable Favorite
Remove Favorite
Edit Properties

I tried clicking Disabled Favorite and that changed the left hand menu item from Disable Favorite to Enable Favorite. But it still showed DisabledFavorite in the title.

Do I have to enable from the Sage UI, not the web UI?
If you are seeing DisabledFavorite in the title, that was disabled using the v7 plugin, before I added that functionality to the core of Sage v9. I tried to detail the upgrade path in the first post of the plugin's thread at the time.

The old plugin had to add that DisabledFavorite string, but now that Sage naively supports disabling favourites that's not necessary. So you are seeing this behavior because of the 2 different methods for disabling.

The webui has only ever had support for the native v9 disabling of favorites.

To get out of this, you could either recreate the favorite, or temporarily reinstall the v7 plugin to re-enable it and remove the DisabledFavorite string. When you are finished you should NOT have that plugin installed.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I've noticed that the Web UI doesn't handle special TV episodes very well. The TVDB defines specials as Season 0. The Web UI displays this as "null" on the listings so it ends up printing, e.g. "nullEpisode 16". This should be handled more gracefully.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

If you want to get technical I think either SageTV or BMT won't accept a zero value for the season so it ends up being null.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If you want to get technical I think either SageTV or BMT won't accept a zero value for the season so it ends up being null.
That should be simple enough to fix. I've made a note of it and will fix when I have some time.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
That should be simple enough to fix. I've made a note of it and will fix when I have some time.
Thank you.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've noticed that the Web UI doesn't handle special TV episodes very well. The TVDB defines specials as Season 0. The Web UI displays this as "null" on the listings so it ends up printing, e.g. "nullEpisode 16". This should be handled more gracefully.
Which page is doing this, detailed info? Could you take a screen shot? I can't reproduce this on my system (though I'm not using BMT for my TVDB interactions). Looking through the code for the webui, I don't see an issue either. So maybe a screen shot would help me narrow it down.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

One other thing with the web UI - under Starring it creates links with the names of the characters and actors, both for searching in the web UI and for IMDZB. But the IMDB links are useless because they contain both the characters name and the actors name. So the IMDB link should be fixed to only contain the actors name, or if that can't be done then get rid of the linkk completely. And I would also think that the link for the actors name for the local Sage search should also only contain the actors name, not the characters name. Perhaps this broke through the years and used to contain only the actors name but the SD guide data now also includes the character name.

Here is an example from Modern Family:

Sofía Vergara -- Gloria Delgado-Pritchett [imdb]