SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I have started a V9 web ui project, which is likely to start out small, but hopefully be a single web UI for both desktop and mobile. This new version will require Java 8. But it'll be probably be August timeframe before I have something that I'd be sharing.
And will this combine the current web UI functionality with BMT, as you have mused about in other posts?
Old 03-04-2016, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
And will this combine the current web UI functionality with BMT, as you have mused about in other posts?
Exactly... There's no point in maintaining 3 separate web apps. But, this will likely start off small, and, then grow. I'm trying to create a "simple" framework to allow people to extend it with features, with minimal coding skills.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

My personal hope for a new interface is something more akin to Plex, at least for browsing and playing content. It should be more than just merely another way to maintain the underlying system.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I have started a V9 web ui project, which is likely to start out small, but hopefully be a single web UI for both desktop and mobile. This new version will require Java 8. But it'll be probably be August timeframe before I have something that I'd be sharing.
Have you talked with EnterNoEscape? Seems like something similar was being talked about on the OpenDCT thread.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
My personal hope for a new interface is something more akin to Plex, at least for browsing and playing content. It should be more than just merely another way to maintain the underlying system.
I've started a separate thread to capture a discussion around what people's requirements might be.

I will say that overly broad statements like "something like plex" is not going to help me narrow down requirements But, if you can be specific in terms of what you want to see in terms of features, we can prioritize and work with that. Anyways... I figure we should leave this thread for the V7 mobile web ui, and then move the discussion to

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55
Old 03-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Great. i'm looking forward to it.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime