SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

V7 feedback

Hi,

I took the plunge and installed the new beta yesterday, and I really like it. The new transparent menus of the UI look much better than the previous blue ones of V6 , and the speed was not altered. I am also really pleased about the disappearance of the pause , as I watch quite a lot of live TV , that is a big positive change as far as I am concerned.

So the move to V7 is a success for me.

Now the bits that I would change :

One thing that I would like added, is a PIN access to the setup menu. My young kids are not used to the new layout and I am scared that they might go in and mess up my setup. Would it be easy to add an optional security ( such as a PIN ) to access the setup menu ?

Next is the new pluggin interface. I browsed it and saw a list of around 15 pluggins listed (some not compatible ones that could be removed if they are not compatible ), but I was not sure what some of them are supposed to do as the explanation was confusing ( for example the metadata tool seems interesting, but I am not sure what it does looking at the screenshot , and if I also need to install 5 dependency pluggins as listed ? ) .

Are these easy to uninstall if I don't want to keep them after trying them ?

All in all, I think V7 is great and I am really pleased with my purchase. Nice work guys.
Server : Asus M4A79XTD Evo / AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz / 4Gb RAM / Win 10 64-bit / Cinergy 2400iDT (French Freeview - TNT) / 2 * Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 (UK Sky) / TT CT-3650 CI / HDD : 4.5 To / Sage V7 / XMLTV Importer / EPG from WebGrabPlus+/ LM DVB Recorder for all tuners / 2 Clients : STP-HD300
Old 05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch92 View Post
Next is the new pluggin interface. I browsed it and saw a list of around 15 pluggins listed (some not compatible ones that could be removed if they are not compatible ), but I was not sure what some of them are supposed to do as the explanation was confusing ( for example the metadata tool seems interesting, but I am not sure what it does looking at the screenshot , and if I also need to install 5 dependency pluggins as listed ? ) .

Are these easy to uninstall if I don't want to keep them after trying them ?
There's a filter setting on the Options panel to hide incompatible plugins.

Plugin dependencies are installed automatically.

You can uninstall plugins from within the UI, pretty much the same way you install them. (But dependencies aren't automatically uninstalled; you'll have to uninstall each plugin separately.)

If you're not sure what a plugin does, look for a thread about it (or start one) in the V7 Customizations forum.