SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

DVBE, Digiguide, DGXMLTV, LMGestion setup guide

I just stumbled across a very useful blog created by Damian Flynn, looks like it is a recent creation. Damian has detailed setting up with DVBEnhancer, Digiguide, DGXMLTV and Stephanes importer, complete with step by step screenshots.

You could pick and choose the bits you need I guess, but it looks like a decent guide for someone who has never done it.

If Damian is present I'd like to say 'well done' and I hope you don't mind me posting the link.

http://diginerve.blogspot.com/2010/0...-with-dvb.html
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Tab running TaSageTV.
TVs: 42" Plasma and various LED monitors.
Patiently waiting for customisable menus on v.7
Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Sage Expert

That reminded me, had been meaning to contact Damien as the guide follows a very roundabout way of setting up now that DVBE4Sage plucks the "real" channel numbers from the satellite feed.

In the "Channel Line Ups" section, I've found the best way is to setup each channel with ID and physical numbers = EPG number. Perhaps Damian was using an older version of the importer as I can't see the logical channel number mapping column in his screenshots (which incidentally can be left blank when setting up now).

Also realised on setting up this time round (clean install, wiped wiz.bin etc for V7 beta) that its best to setup categories almost entirely as top-level, rather than nested. You have to then go through each and set the series or generic markers in the importer but you get useful Intelligent Suggestions this way. Where your categories are nested, Sage seems to only pay attention to the top-level so Series/Sitcom and Series/Soap are considered equal for suggestions.

If I get time tonight, I'll perhaps zip up the various config files for getting this all working and post them with a very short guide. I don't have time to put together an in depth guide like Damian did (good work by the way!) but someone else could then pick it up.