SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Administrator

You know... to be fair to twieder, please use this thread for discussions of his tweaks and for offering suggestions, since he also asked for that, but leave the malore menu discussions for other thread(s). I'm sure it is a little frustrating to start a topic for a customization, only to see it switch almost immediately to talking about something else.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm liking have my disk space back & love the red background for shows that are recording. Something I am really missing is the whats recording now thingy (I know I'm being technical) from nielms dynamic menus, any chance of getting something like that?
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You know... to be fair to twieder, please use this thread for discussions of his tweaks and for offering suggestions
Sorry. you are right. I have a bad habit of replying to other people later in the thread even if it isn't relevant to the original topic.

On topic though - I am suggesting that it would be useful to me for one of the tweaks to add some way of designating that a show has been recently recorded.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthurber View Post
Sorry. you are right. I have a bad habit of replying to other people later in the thread even if it isn't relevant to the original topic.

On topic though - I am suggesting that it would be useful to me for one of the tweaks to add some way of designating that a show has been recently recorded.
no problem.

I am working on a solution to just that -- should have an update out soon.

-tw
Old 05-29-2010, 05:47 AM
Sage Expert

Bold for unwatched takes up too much room on the screen. Hides the air dates and most of the title on many of my shows.

I really don't care when I recorded a show (Air Date), what I use is Original Air Date. I watch mostly series and this is the order that I want to watch 'em in.

I'd also like to see the air date's year.

Can you set the display order of the shows to be the same as the submenu's?
Ie., What I get now is Titles in alpha order with shows listed in alpha order for the title highlighted. When I go to the show's submenu, it switches to original air date order (which is what I'm interested in). I'd like to see the shows listed in that order when I'm on the Titles page. (Sage really should do this already. The way that it is just doesn't make sense to me.)

I suggest that you add a configuration page to the customizations setup so that your changes can be enabled/disabled/customized. (That way you can keep all of us happy ).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 05-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post

I really don't care when I recorded a show (Air Date), what I use is Original Air Date. I watch mostly series and this is the order that I want to watch 'em in.

I'd also like to see the air date's year.

I suggest that you add a configuration page to the customizations setup so that your changes can be enabled/disabled/customized. (That way you can keep all of us happy ).
I agree with all of that - I was using TVexplorer for the STV and it showed the season and episode # and allowed sorting by that. If you could do the same that would be fantastic. if not i sort by original air date as well.
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 05-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage User

Update - version 0.6.5

An update to this plugin is now available.
A new setup menu (under SETUP | DETAILED SETUP | CUSTOMIZE) will allow you to change the Episode listing (right pane) fonts and aplha date source (original, airing or no date) and enable/disable the diskbar. Sort order for the right pane episode listings is not working yet.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

I second the request for showing the season and episode numbers. I'd also kind of like to see the count of watched/total episodes.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Sage User

Update - version 0.7.3

Another one! (They are just ROLLING out of me today!)

For all of you who asked for it-- you can now replace the date with the Season/Episode (in s##e## format). To sort by this, use the built in "Orig Air Date" or "Show ID" sort option!

Additionally, I added the Season and Episode number to the details screens.

This does require that you configure BMT, as the default listings don't have the season or episode.

Let me know what you think.

-tw
Old 05-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

twieder: any thoughts on my suggestion to move the icons (1,W,F, etc) to the right side detail pane? So the don't have to be scrolled through?

btw, nice work, thank you
Old 05-30-2010, 02:58 AM
Sage User

Question

Great updates thus far. And disk bar is working for me again, must have been the most recent update that got it going.

Small suggestion -- instead of how many gigs I have left, can you instead offer a switch for how many HOURS I have left? That, to me and possibly to others, is more important. Possibly

Otherwise, what else can you change, as it seems like all is covered?

You rock, thank you
Old 05-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANightHawk View Post

Small suggestion -- instead of how many gigs I have left, can you instead offer a switch for how many HOURS I have left?
The diskbar is just a reference to the one that show up in the Malore screens. You can use the Menu Header Disk Bar configuration (under SETUP | DETAILED SETUP | CUSTOMIZE) to change the display to hours.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedgington View Post
twieder: any thoughts on my suggestion to move the icons (1,W,F, etc) to the right side detail pane? So the don't have to be scrolled through?
I think what you are suggesting already exists -- SETUP | DETAILED SETUP | CUSTOMIZE | SHOW RECORDING STATUS MARKER ICONS IN LISTS.

-tw
Old 05-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Great work! Since you are rolling along I am wondering- the dynamic menus had a smaller disk space bar and a large scrollable upcoming recordings. Any chance of something like that?

/me needs to go install the latest
Old 05-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any idea why the Disk space bar would continually refresh. I even set it for 120 seconds but its will refreshing every few seconds.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

I'd actually like to have the disk bar not show how much will be used in the next xx hours.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twieder View Post
I think what you are suggesting already exists -- SETUP | DETAILED SETUP | CUSTOMIZE | SHOW RECORDING STATUS MARKER ICONS IN LISTS.

-tw

that doesnt seem to work for me.... my right hand list/folder content is still just title/record date.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twieder View Post
The diskbar is just a reference to the one that show up in the Malore screens. You can use the Menu Header Disk Bar configuration (under SETUP | DETAILED SETUP | CUSTOMIZE) to change the display to hours.
Stupid me, forgot to enable Malore menus ...

Now that I did that, it unlocked the pref pane for displaying hours instead of gigs, and all is good. It ALSO unlocked more tweaking options, ugh. I'll never get through all the settings
Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
Any idea why the Disk space bar would continually refresh. I even set it for 120 seconds but its will refreshing every few seconds.

Thanks
Are you sure it's refreshing? You might have it set to alternate between GB and hours free.

All --- I didn't write the code for the diskbar; it was already in the STV. I just put it on the main page.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Twieder,

Nice job! I like that you are taking the time to tweek this part of Sage. The new Listing has a certain appeal over the malore.

One of the things about the SageRecordings List that bothers me is I like to to Group recordings by Title, like most people, but the list has a mixture of Grouping style and single style.

I know that a single recording is not considered a group, but can you tweek the list so that one recording can be considered a group when grouping is enabled, then the list will have a consistent look and feel.

Thanks,
Polen