SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Not requiring a password is probably not a good idea if you make your Sage web UI accessible from the internet, and I don't know why you wouldn't want to do this as it is HUGELY useful to be able to set up recordings, etc when away from home. Although I guess another option is to use a VPN on remote devices.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Not requiring a password is probably not a good idea if you make your Sage web UI accessible from the internet, and I don't know why you wouldn't want to do this as it is HUGELY useful to be able to set up recordings, etc when away from home. Although I guess another option is to use a VPN on remote devices.
I find placeshifter/miniclient is MUCH more intuitive for remote management.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-17-2016, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I find placeshifter/miniclient is MUCH more intuitive for remote management.
Perhaps but that doesn't work so well from a corporate computer (where you can't install non-business software or where ports are blocked) or from an iPhone/iPad.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm writing something that programatically access my Sage server via sagex, and it's not possible to have a user manually enter a password. I wanted to disable the password checking for testing purposes since I can't get the userassword to be accepted in the URL.

From the various responses I am gathering I can't get it to recognize the userassword in the URL but I may be able to disable password checking by editing one of the Jetty xml files.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 06-17-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you doing this in Java? Have you tried encoding the username and password in base64 in the request header. This code is adapted to your need, but it's based on code that works for communication with the HDMI network encoders which use basic authentication.

Code:
String username = "username";
String password = "password";
URL address = new URL("http://server:8080/sagex/api");

URLConnection connection = address.openConnection();
String encodedBytes = DatatypeConverter.printBase64Binary((username + ":" + password).getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8));
connection.setRequestProperty("Authorization", "Basic " + encodedBytes);
Java 8 has a Base64 class for this, but since most users are running Java 7, I would probably not raise the bar. Also I think you can set a username and password for HTTP communication in Java, but it will apply to all communications which is not what I normally want.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 06-17-2016, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Are you doing this in Java? Have you tried encoding the username and password in base64 in the request header. This code is adapted to your need, but it's based on code that works for communication with the HDMI network encoders which use basic authentication.

Code:

String encodedBytes = DatatypeConverter.printBase64Binary((username + ":" + password).getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8));
Java 8 has a Base64 class for this, but since most users are running Java 7, I would probably not raise the bar. Also I think you can set a username and password for HTTP communication in Java, but it will apply to all communications which is not what I normally want.
I'll give that a try over the weekend. http communication is not my strong point!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'll give that a try over the weekend. http communication is not my strong point!
After working with microcontrollers for so long, I am used to doing things the hard way.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post

Code:

This worked! Thank you.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
This worked! Thank you.
Glad I could help!

Old 06-20-2016, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Perhaps but that doesn't work so well from a corporate computer (where you can't install non-business software or where ports are blocked) or from an iPhone/iPad.
Perhaps, but placeshifter doesn't need to be 'installed'- you can just copy the folder onto a thumbdrive and run it from there - and i have it set to i believe port 21, so the work firewall lets it through thinking it's an FTP site.

I wouldn't burden myself with an iPhone - so that solves that problem.. :-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Perhaps, but placeshifter doesn't need to be 'installed'- you can just copy the folder onto a thumbdrive and run it from there
I did not know that. That is really useful.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 06-20-2016, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
I did not know that. That is really useful.
Yeah, I think most the computers I use at work have a copy of placeshifter sitting in C:\Temp somewhere.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah, I think most the computers I use at work have a copy of placeshifter sitting in C:\Temp somewhere.
You're lucky. I'm retired 3 years now, but at my work they had so much trouble with people infecting the network with virus/spyware infected USB drives they disabled the USB ports on our computers. Just an FYI here, the IT department (a Municipality network) was so bass-ackwards this was their ham handed (gee, I don't know how things work) way of "fixing" the problem.

We had to get them to unlock our USB ports because we had a USB device we had to have access to. I was a FireFighter and our AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) devices used a USB connection to download the data after every use so we could send that information in with our reports on the incident.
Of course that was before just about everything used the USB ports. Our monochrome laser printers still used a printer port (how quaint!) and all our keyboards and mice plugged into their respective PS2 ports (also quite quaint)
Old 06-27-2016, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Even if you do have access to USB ports you may find that the IP ports are blocked at work so you may not be able to use placeshifter unless you route it through port 80 or something similar, assuming that you could even do that.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Even if you do have access to USB ports you may find that the IP ports are blocked at work so you may not be able to use placeshifter unless you route it through port 80 or something similar, assuming that you could even do that.
Yeah, like I said, i host placeshifter as port 21. Works great. That, combined with RDP as port 80, and I've got essentially full access to my home from just about any internet connected device.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, like I said, i host placeshifter as port 21. Works great. That, combined with RDP as port 80, and I've got essentially full access to my home from just about any internet connected device.
I found this neat web based remote gateway called Guacamole, now Apache Guacamole (incubating), that is wonderful for getting around port restrictions and being secure via TLS. Doesn't work as well as a native RDP client but works well enough for most tasks from any browser.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just be careful. I know for a fact that where I work you risk getting fired for running unauthorized software.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Having trouble logging into the Jetty Web Server.

Installed Jetty Web Server Plugin and am able to access from the Sage Server PC using (server LAN IP):8080/apps/ using the Plugin user and password, and can access the Web User Interface.

Logging in from the WAN using (Wan IP):8080/sage/ I get the login screen, to which I post the same user and password and I get:

HTTP ERROR 401

Problem accessing /sage/. Reason:

UNAUTHORIZED