SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie View Post
Hi jreichen
When I enter http://192.168.2.*:8080/apps, I get the following error.

HTTP ERROR: 404

Problem accessing /apps. Reason:

NOT_FOUND

Powered by Jetty://

Jetty does not seem to be working for me. All looks as it should but always the same error.
Can you try my suggestion back in post #110?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Sage User

Just wanted to let you know that my ISP is blocking the port 80 so that was my problem... Everything is working now. AWESOME plugin !!! Great work !!!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

What is the expected behavior of http://server/ ?

When browsing to the root, I get the following:
Quote:
Error 404 - Not Found.

No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:
/ ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@13d8346{/,file:/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/static}
/sagem ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppConte...SageWebApp.war}
/stream ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppConte...aStreaming.war}
/apps ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppConte...bapps/apps.war}
When I go to apps, etc, it seems to work. The static directory does not exist, fwiw.

B
Old 12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post

When I go to apps, etc, it seems to work. The static directory does not exist, fwiw.

B
I think that's the default behavior. Any external internet traffic (ie. hackers) hitting your machine will get an error and hopefully move on. If you don't like the ugly error, you can do what I did and create a static welcome page. But that's an open invitation for a hacker. If the static directory (SageTV\jetty\static) doesn't exist, create it, and then add your own index.html there. You can create a blank index.html file to get rid of the error but not give anything interesting away to any wouldbe hackers. Or you can create an index.html with an http-redirect that redirects to the apps page. I created a page with logos of most of the SageTV related software and hardware I use and a logon link that links to the apps page. This is what it looks like (larger image is attached):

Zip file with html source code and images is here. Just extract it to the jetty\static directory.

<EDIT>
I have updated my static start page to better match the new Apps and Mobile Web UI dark style. Here is a screenshot of the new static start page style:

Zip file with html source code and images for the new dark style static page is here. Just extract it to the jetty\static directory.
</EDIT>

To all: Please post your screenshots if you create your own static welcome page or modify the ones I have provided
Attached Images
File Type: jpg homepage - original.jpg (217.7 KB, 188 views)

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters

Last edited by robogeek; 01-08-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

That's the "expected" behavior. Maybe not the best, but that's Jetty's default. Like most things I can probably customize it. I didn't put a landing page there because I was used to how nielm's TJWS web server didn't put anything at the root.

There should be an empty static directory. I just checked and it looks like it's created on Linux but not Windows. I originally created that so there was a place to put the crossdomain.xml file for shadeblue's web remote. It can be used to server other files as well.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Quote:
Error 404 - Not Found.

No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:
/ ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@13d8346{/,file:/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/static}
/sagem ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppConte...SageWebApp.war}
/stream ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppConte...aStreaming.war}
/apps ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppConte...bapps/apps.war}

When I go to apps, etc, it seems to work.

B
I get a similar respose. I got apps working, but after a couple hours, it's not working - i don't get an error, it just takes forever and then says server took too long to respond. It still works from localhost though. Any ideas?
Old 12-31-2010, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
That's the "expected" behavior. Maybe not the best, but that's Jetty's default. Like most things I can probably customize it. I didn't put a landing page there because I was used to how nielm's TJWS web server didn't put anything at the root.

There should be an empty static directory. I just checked and it looks like it's created on Linux but not Windows. I originally created that so there was a place to put the crossdomain.xml file for shadeblue's web remote. It can be used to server other files as well.
I use linux and the static directory did not create for me automatically. Regarding what it does, I would recommend having a quick redirect page to a logon page or something. I will likely force a redirect to /apps.

Can you enforce SSL too?

Thanks,

B
Old 12-31-2010, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

One thing that could use some work in the web server is the Media Library. It would be nice to be able to browse photos by folder, for example. The same with your video library - it would be great to be able to browse and then click on a file to get it to play in a client.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

Version 2.1.0 is now available. This has a fix that will hopefully eliminate the HTTP 404 and 503 errors related to the webapps directories not being cleaned up.
  • SageTV v7-style interface for 'apps' web application (switch from blue to gray as well as other style changes)
  • Remove duplicate timestamps on Jetty's log entries in the SageTV log file.
  • Override Jetty's war file extraction logic to address HTTP 404 and 503 errors.
Jason
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 PM
SageTVaholic

It looks good - now if Sage would just follow your lead and change their startup screen for Sage (and the extenders) so that they follow the Sage 7 "branding" and not look straight out of 2003 that would be good!

Is there a way to Customize the /apps Jetty web home page? I have two servers and, at a minimum, it would be nice to put the server name on the page. (Right now it is obvious because I have updated my main server so it is gray but the backup is not yet upgraded and is still blue). It would also be nice to throw in links to other pages, or even my other server.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

A static directory is still not created in Linux - FYI

B
Old 01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Version 2.1.0 is now available. This has a fix that will hopefully eliminate the HTTP 404 and 503 errors related to the webapps directories not being cleaned up.
I just started getting the errors with the Mobile Web Server the other day. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. Then I see this and the easy upgrade fixed the problem

Thanks for the great work.

Wayne
Old 01-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Version 2.1.0 is now available.
jreichen, I upgraded a couple of days ago to v2.1.0.7 and noticed my SageTV Web Applications page lists my version of SJQ as v4.0.0.1326, however I am actually running v3.1.0.930. When I click on the link from the SageTV Web Application page for SJQ it goes to my SJQ v3 web page just fine, it justs lists the SJQ version number as a newer version which I have not installed. The previous versions of the Jetty Web Server SageTV Web Applications page listed the SJQ version correctly. I guess it is not a big deal since everything still works, but I thought I would point out the issue. Is there anything I can do to update the SJQ version number of the SageTV Web Applications page to the correct one?

Thanks for the great app.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
jreichen, I upgraded a couple of days ago to v2.1.0.7 and noticed my SageTV Web Applications page lists my version of SJQ as v4.0.0.1326, however I am actually running v3.1.0.930. When I click on the link from the SageTV Web Application page for SJQ it goes to my SJQ v3 web page just fine, it justs lists the SJQ version number as a newer version which I have not installed. The previous versions of the Jetty Web Server SageTV Web Applications page listed the SJQ version correctly. I guess it is not a big deal since everything still works, but I thought I would point out the issue. Is there anything I can do to update the SJQ version number of the SageTV Web Applications page to the correct one?

Thanks for the great app.
not that this will be much help in fixing the issue... but... my /apps page is listing the same as you for sjg (i have 3 installed). My guess is that jreichen is pulling the info from the plugin manifest, which will have 4.x as the current version... but obviously in our case is not the installed version
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I use linux and the static directory did not create for me automatically. Regarding what it does, I would recommend having a quick redirect page to a logon page or something. I will likely force a redirect to /apps.

Can you enforce SSL too?

Thanks,

B
You can add the data constraint line to the context.xml file after the authenticate line. I'm not sure of a way to do it server-wide.

Code:
<Set name="authenticate">false</Set>
<Set name="dataConstraint">2</Set>
The non-SSL port will still run but you'll be redirected to the SSL port.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is there a way to Customize the /apps Jetty web home page? I have two servers and, at a minimum, it would be nice to put the server name on the page. (Right now it is obvious because I have updated my main server so it is gray but the backup is not yet upgraded and is still blue). It would also be nice to throw in links to other pages, or even my other server.
You should be able to copy the files from the jetty/webapps/apps/webapp folder to the jetty/static/apps folder and modify them. The server should find the files in the static directory first and serve them up.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
not that this will be much help in fixing the issue... but... my /apps page is listing the same as you for sjg (i have 3 installed). My guess is that jreichen is pulling the info from the plugin manifest, which will have 4.x as the current version... but obviously in our case is not the installed version
Kind of I'm using a Sage API: PluginAPI.GetPluginVersion(plugin). I don't know how it works but it looks like there's a bug. I'll investigate and enter a bug for the Sage devs.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Kind of I'm using a Sage API: PluginAPI.GetPluginVersion(plugin). I don't know how it works but it looks like there's a bug. I'll investigate and enter a bug for the Sage devs.
... looking at the api it looks like there isn't a way to get the installed version and the latest version in the repository (at least with my quick read of the docs anyway...) The STV displays both versions though... so who knows how they are doing that

One other thing i noticed... BMT does not report a version on the /apps page... not a big deal but figured id mention it anyway
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
... looking at the api it looks like there isn't a way to get the installed version and the latest version in the repository (at least with my quick read of the docs anyway...) The STV displays both versions though... so who knows how they are doing that
Thanks, I'll check the STV code and see if I'm doing something wrong.

Quote:
One other thing i noticed... BMT does not report a version on the /apps page... not a big deal but figured id mention it anyway
I'll mention it to stuckless. The context xml files have to provide the plugin id.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Going from memory, that API returns the latest version that is available in the repository, not the installed version. I think I had to write some custom java code to ge tthe version that was actually installed. It's been a while so don't take my word on that.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.