SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Video Titles/DVD's/folders

I installed Sagetv 7 and in videos then folders DVD's do not show up only .avi's I have to select DVD/BD to get to my ripped DVD's and in this the avi's don't show up. Is there a way to make everything show up. Titles will not show everything either. What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got the same problem, so I doubt you're doing anything wrong.
On my setup, DVD/BDs shows all DVD rips using VOBs in folders.
Titles shows individual ISO, AVI, and mpeg files.

I too would like an option to display BOTH in the same list.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

The FOLDERS view should show both... its the view I use and I can see all my AVI's and DVD VOB folders/files in the same view.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yup, you're right...just discovered it on my own while browsing Sage7 features.
Thanks!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapath View Post
Yup, you're right...just discovered it on my own while browsing Sage7 features.
Thanks!
I had a similar question in another thread....

Can I display DVDs/BDs in the same view as Titles... I like the synopsis/fanart you get in titles, so prefer that view over folder view, however I hate having to browse to dvds/bds to get a list of my DVDs.

any ideas??
Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

No, for me the folder view does NOT show DVD's it only shows other files. Anyone know why?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillme2 View Post
No, for me the folder view does NOT show DVD's it only shows other files. Anyone know why?
hmm thats weird, my folder view does show dvds
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage User

imstillme2, did you look at the very bottom of your folder list? For some reason I've noticed some DVDs/blurays sort different than the folder name provided and drop to the end of the list.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma22xx View Post
imstillme2, did you look at the very bottom of your folder list? For some reason I've noticed some DVDs/blurays sort different than the folder name provided and drop to the end of the list.
Yep, I've noticed that too... why is that?? not a big fan of this - I prefer DVDs to obey by the sorting rules for the rest of the titles.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Sage User

I played arou d with my media files tonight and I think I see why the sort for folder view is so strange. It appears that the sort is taking into account whether or not the files are in folders or not. I store all my tv movies in their own folders to keep the edl and properties files apart...not really required but it makes it look neater. I do the same for DVDs/bluray. So for the tv movie commando the path is p:\movies\commando\commando.ts and for the Anastasia DVD the path is p:\movies\Anastasia\Video_ts. Currently that ends up with a sort where commando comes before anastasia. I think that's because sage knows to ignore the videots folder and thus sees 3 steps to get to commando and only 2 for the DVD. I renamed the videots folder to get p:\movies\Anastasia\Anastasia and rescanned and that moved Anastasia up into the expected slot as opposed to being at the bottom with a bunch of other DVDs/blurays. I also tried moving commando out of the folder to get p:\movies\commando.ts and rescanned and verified that moved commando to the bottom of the list with all the DVDs/bluray. I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design. I don't mind moving all my shows out of their folders but that does present an issue where any sets will show up out of alphabetical order. For instance I have all the Harry potters on DVD in a folder as such...p:\movies\Harry Potter\Harry Potter 1\video_ts, p:\movies\Harry Potter\Harry Potter 2\video_ts and so on and those DVDs show up in the top list of video recordings...not in the bottom list with all the other DVDs. If I shorten comma do to match anastia then Harry potter will come before both. I guess the other option is to add a folder level to all DVDs/bluray to get them to move up. I'm thinking this has to be a bug though...I'll file it and see how that goes.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have the opposities problem. My titles wont go away. I added 3 folders to my video imports.

Removed one. It no longer shows up in folder view.

But if i go to titles, they contents of the removed folder is still there! How do i get rid of it??
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Sage User

I've had something similar in the past...only way I was able to clear was to remove the import folders completely, rescan, and add the import back, then rescan again.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM
SageTVaholic

And, to the OP, I believe there is a plugin to bring the DVDs and BDs into the Titles view.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Is .iso DVD supported for v7? I thought I read something about .iso? Maybe that was for Bluray only?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:42 PM
SageTVaholic

yes.. You'll have to read the patch notes, but I believe you have to install Virtual Clone Drive or something like that on the server for sage to mount the iso with.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room