SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Moving Recordings to Other Folders

Hello,

I just tried moving a movie I recorded with SageTV to another drive where I store my DVDs. When I did an import scan the movie didn't show up under the Video folder but instead in the TV recordings section.

I don't necessarily mind this, it makes sense to keep things recorded off of TV separate from my movie collection. However, is there an easy way to modify this behavior?

Thanks for the help,
Will

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s
Old 05-30-2010, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

There is little difference to sage between an import folder, and a recording folder.. the only real difference being that it won't record to an import folder. Moving the file changed it's location, but sage still recognized it and matched it to the data in the wiz.bin, so it is still treated as a recording. The easiest way to remove it from the recordings, would be to rename the file itself (so sage won't recognize it anymore, and genuinly think it's a new file). however, this will also lose all the metadata associated with it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

I am running v7 beta * moved; use the beta forum * and I copied a movie over to my movies folder. I also renamed the movie (added spaces and got rid of the numbers at the end) and the meta data still showed up. Furthermore, I didn't delete the original copy so SageTV grouped them together. By changing the location, the only thing I noticed missing from the description was the channel the movie was recorded from.

I know v7 now stores meta data in the file but this recording was from February. I know this is off topic, but does v7 add meta data to old recording files in addition to new recordings?

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s
Old 05-30-2010, 06:36 PM
SageTVaholic

41. All recordings are automatically embedded with metadata if the property "seeker/mpeg_metadata_embedding" is not defined at all in the Sage.properties file; so on the first run of V7 it will embed metadata in all of your recordings; the property is then set to true automatically.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Sage User

Does anyone have a solution for this? I like to move recorded movies from recordings over to videos. Usually all that I have to do is rename the file and rescan. The metadata in the file is too smart now...sage keeps throwing it back to recordings. I don't mind regrabbing the metadata...is there anyway to clear the data from the file so it will show up in imported videos?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm guessing (though haven't tried it) that a remux of the file will drop the metadata. Try something like TSRemux on the file, and odds are it WON'T copy over the sage specific metadata.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Sage User

I checked out tsremux...while that may work the time/space investment is not ideal(unless I'm doing something wrong...from testing it looks like I'd have to dump to a separate file). I guess I could convert to a different format via the sage interface.

I can't be the only one building a movie library from recorded tv...what are other people doing to separate the stored movies from their recordings now that renaming the file doesn't work? I realize there's a movie filter for recordings that I could use to hide the movies but I like having them show up with my DVDs/blurays under videos. Am I missing something obvious?
Old 06-19-2010, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

tsremux shouldn't really take THAT much time.. not much longer than the actual file-copy would take... You would likely even be able to make a SJQ job that did it all for you (including renaming the file to match the EPG title), so time wouldn't matter...

(something like a rule to catch all recorded movies.. then launch tsremux with the file as the source, and the new renamed filename as destination, then delete original recording)

Old 06-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma22xx View Post
I can't be the only one building a movie library from recorded tv...what are other people doing to separate the stored movies from their recordings now that renaming the file doesn't work?
You are not alone, I am still trying to figure this one out too. Some recorded movies we want to keep and move them into the imported videos section and get them out of TV recordings. It was very easy previously (just rename), but now no matter what it is named or where it is put SageTV remembers the file. Hope there is a solution out there.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 06-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Sage User

Thanks fuzzy, that appears to do the trick. I didn't realize sjq was so powerful...I always ignored it as I thought it just did comskip. I set it up with the tsremux and it's been moving files on it's own. This will end up being easier on me than what I had before.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Good SJQ ettiquete would be to share the rules and tasks you developed here, so others who archive recorded movies could use it as well.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Sage User

I need to add more to it like better category filtering and doing a media refresh and deleting the old files but here's the basic setup if anyones interested...

if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsFileCurrentlyRecording{} == false && $.GetShowCategory{} == "Movie"] {
MOVEMOVIE
}

MOVEMOVIE {
:CPU "LOW"
:RESOURCES 66
"cmd /c \"mkdir p:\\movies\\movies\\%p%\""
"C:\\program files \(x86\)\\tsremux\\tsremux.exe \"%c%\" \"p:\\movies\\movies\\%p%\\%f%\""
}