SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Sage User

I'm good with the WinTV card, and everything is working as it should, especially on the server while in exclusive mode.

I can control slim player through my extender while in sync mode, but cannot get actual sound on the extender.

My question is...do I need a second dedicated sound card also, or is there a way to use my existing soundcard to get sound playing on the extender.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Believe it or not, its much easier to get Exclusive mode to work on the server than getting it to the Extender. That's a little more difficult.

Ideally, you want to have a second dedicated sound card on your server (where the sound output feeds directly into the input of your WinTV card). This would allow you to have two separate Slimplayer clients which can operate completely independently of each other.

1. SageTV Client (On Server itself) will use Slimplayer Exclusive mode using primary Sound card.
  2. SageTV Extender will use Slimplayer Synch mode using a dedicated secondary sound card on your server (which would connect to your WinTV's audio input).
If you dont care to use the SageTV PC client on your server; and, dont plan on using the audio output on your server for anything... you can dedicate it's only sound card to Extender's Slimplayer (Synch Mode). You wont be able to hear any audio locally on your server if you only have this single sound card.

My server has both a Creative Labs Xi-Fi sound card for local audio playback; and, a RealTek HD Audio sound card (motherboard sound card) dedicated specifically for my Extender's Slimplayer Synch mode.

I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh9man View Post
I'm good with the WinTV card, and everything is working as it should, especially on the server while in exclusive mode.

I can control slim player through my extender while in sync mode, but cannot get actual sound on the extender.

My question is...do I need a second dedicated sound card also, or is there a way to use my existing soundcard to get sound playing on the extender.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm wanting to use this as a "Slimdisplay" for an outdoor TV. I already have multiple SB zones running in various sync groups and controlled through iPeng. However I would love to be able to display Now Playing, Artist pics, Ticker, etc. on the outside TV - but don't need the sound to come through the extender.

To test it out, I have it installed on my Win7 server machine that runs SageTV/Gemstone and have used the ADM to copy the menu into the Music section. Slimplayer is installed and working. I can go through the SageTV menu and select Slimplayer and get music through the local speakers. Unfortunately I am not getting any of the Artist info/pics/etc. I did not install WFE (but didn't think that needed). I'm hoping that I can get the Artist info function working, and then I would like to install on the extender for the outside TV and add to the existing SB sync group (which hopefully will keep the TV display updated with the latest Now Playing info).

Can you point me in the right direction to get Artist info/pics working? From reading the posts, it looks like this is a separate web scraper.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 09-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bummer. For those that may be trying to the do the same....

Good news - the slimplayer music functionality continues to work as designed. For those wanting on the client devices, all is good. For those wanting on the extenders, it should also work as advertised although I didn't go through the WFE/UNE gyrations to find out.

Bad news - the WebHarvest scrape from Yahoo appears to be broken, so no artist pics/news/bio will be retrieved. I fired this up in the WebHarvest GUI and exercised a few sample artists. It appears the baseurl page format has drifted from the original regex logic used to scrape in the first place. This is so far above my head I don't have a hope of modifying to work on todays Yahoo service.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 10-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Sage User

Hey guys. I've done some searching, but couldn't find any conclusive results.

Is it possible to use this plugin with Phoenix 2?

It seems possible to use it with Gemstone, and I've been debating between gemstone and phoenix and this could be the tie breaker.

Thanks!