SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcardellini View Post
You may not be connected to your squeezeserver. If on same computer, try something like 127.0.0.1:9000

see my item 2 on this post:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=51
Didn't work. SlimPlayer powers on intermittingly, but won't stay on. It does this whether I manually input the server name or not. Can't input the numerical server address, as SageTV is giving me off characters whether I input the numbers from the numeric keypad or (NumLock on) or from the number keys above the letter keys.

Last edited by Crazyivan; 01-12-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

oops....forgot about that numeric issue...sorry.

Did you try "localhost" ?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcardellini View Post
oops....forgot about that numeric issue...sorry.

Did you try "localhost" ?
No. I'll try that this weekend. It's been so frustrating that I've uninstalled the plugin & the squeezebox software. I'll install them again and see if it helps. I've been making do with webfeederencoder for internet radio, although the volume is a heck of a lot louder than the TV stations.

BTW, do I have to use http: or do I just use //localhost ?

Thanks for the assistance.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
No. I'll try that this weekend. It's been so frustrating that I've uninstalled the plugin & the squeezebox software. I'll install them again and see if it helps. I've been making do with webfeederencoder for internet radio, although the volume is a heck of a lot louder than the TV stations.

BTW, do I have to use http: or do I just use //localhost ?

Thanks for the assistance.
"making do" - I'm hurt

Michael
Old 01-18-2011, 09:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Pics...

Okay, I couldn't resist... I just had to sneak in a couple of preview screenshots of the next Slimplayer version. Hopefully Koelec wont get too mad at me!

BTW: I dont know what I did in SBS (if anything), but somehow all my local regular FM radio stations now appear in my Favorites list with FULL support for artist/title of songs!!! Does radio get any better than this?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-18-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Slimplayer release 2.3.2 available

Hi,

Thanks again to mkanet for supporting me in this.
Just submitted a minor update for the SlimPlayer plugin
Contains several cosmetic changes and The Channel name is now displayed on a third line in the display.

- Chris
Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Nice! Thanks for the continued work on this!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
Has anyone else run into the issue where installing Slimplayer causes the UI background for many of the TV submenus to inherit the Music Background image. If I disable slimplayer they go back to normal. This happens with any theme as well.
I posted this question a while back and no one has either confirmed or denied that this happens to them. I've had this problem since day one of using Sage 7 and slimplayer plugin. Even on multiple fresh installs. I just wanted to throw this question back out there in hopes for a response or two.

FYI, it doesn't matter what theme I use either. They all have the same result.

Last edited by craigap; 09-13-2022 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I posted this question a while back and no one has either confirmed or denied that this happens to them. I've had this problem since day one of using Sage 7 and slimplayer plugin. Even on multiple fresh installs. I just wanted to throw this question back out there in hopes for a response or two.

FYI, it doesn't matter what them I use either. They all have the same result.
I noticed this as well, the EPG has the Music Background when the Slimplayer plugin is enabled. I have it happening on a vanilla install with only the Slimplayer Plugin installed.

J
Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks. At least its not just me. There are other submenues under the "TV" menu that this happens to as well.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry I missed this one. I never really noticed before. However, while paying attention, I just easily reproduced this. I'll let Koelec know about it.

Thanks,
-Michael

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

After my fresh re-install i finally got back around to installing the new version of slimplayer.

the enhancements are AWESOME!!! nice job!

I am using the loopback audio for now, and everythign seems to be working perfectly.

I am still unable however to use the slimplayer on more than one device. I understand that with loopback you can only have one stream going at at time. This makes perfect sense to me. I thought though that when you stopped playback on one extender, shut slimplayer off on that extender, and then started slimplayer on a different extender it was suppose to work. I have never been able to get this to work and still cannot get it to work.

What happens is slimplayer will allow you to select a station and it will send the command to the squeeze server, but the record indicator never shows up, and most importantly NO audio comes through. When you try to stop playback or turn the slimplayer device off it completely hangs the sageui. Only way to recover is to power off extender and then power back on.

any ideas on what could be the issue? I seem to recall that if you go into the slimplayer plugin properties on extender 2 and you change the mac address of the player it should act as if it is a completely seperate softsqueeze instance, however when i did this, it just caused every single thing to fail on me. (i then had to uninstall slimplayer and reinstall.)

Any suggestions?

~PiX64
Old 01-22-2011, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Pix64, what happens if you press the "Power" button on the Slimplayer loopback client to turn it off after listening to it, then go to another extender and try slimplayer?

I know for a fact that I can go use slimplayer on my Extender at home, power off my extender, go to work and use Slimplayer via loopback on Placeshifter without any issues. In fact, my wife can use slimplayer in a completely independent slimplayer client via EXCLUSIVE mode (on my HTPC that hosts SBS) while I'm using the extender; and, even while I swap to my client at work.

We need to find out how to fool SBS/Slimplayer into thinking that you have turned off your extender before going to another extender and using Slimplayer. I thought maybe pressing the "Power" button to turn off Slimplayer, then going to another Extender would be similar to powering off the previous extender. If pressing 'Power' isn't good enough as powering off the extender, there may be a clever way to emulate this.

Let me know. We never really looked into this because we didnt think there were many people who wanted this. It may very well be possible.

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
After my fresh re-install i finally got back around to installing the new version of slimplayer.

the enhancements are AWESOME!!! nice job!

I am using the loopback audio for now, and everythign seems to be working perfectly.

I am still unable however to use the slimplayer on more than one device. I understand that with loopback you can only have one stream going at at time. This makes perfect sense to me. I thought though that when you stopped playback on one extender, shut slimplayer off on that extender, and then started slimplayer on a different extender it was suppose to work. I have never been able to get this to work and still cannot get it to work.

What happens is slimplayer will allow you to select a station and it will send the command to the squeeze server, but the record indicator never shows up, and most importantly NO audio comes through. When you try to stop playback or turn the slimplayer device off it completely hangs the sageui. Only way to recover is to power off extender and then power back on.

any ideas on what could be the issue? I seem to recall that if you go into the slimplayer plugin properties on extender 2 and you change the mac address of the player it should act as if it is a completely seperate softsqueeze instance, however when i did this, it just caused every single thing to fail on me. (i then had to uninstall slimplayer and reinstall.)

Any suggestions?

~PiX64

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Power off does indeed power off the device slimplayer device from the client, however if I log into the squeezebox server i am still able to select the SoftSqueeze and start playback. When turning off slimplayer, then turning off the extender, i am still able to go into <ip-address>:9000 and see the SoftSqueeze selected.

I did not set this up on my server, so there is no softsqueeze player specifically for the sageTV client on my server. The server is headless and I have no need for slimplayer running on there.

I believe the above is causing the issue because softsqueeze never seems to shutdown....

~PiX64
Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I hope I didnt misunderstand what youre saying.

I've never tried checking to see if <ip-address>:9000 is available after I press power off on my extender (when a local slimplayer/softsqueeze is not active on the SBS machine itself). I dont think it makes a difference if you have softsqueeze/slimplayer runnining locally on the SBS local machine or not (in respect to moving to another slimplayer session on another extender via loopback); it only adds flexibility for simultaneous/independent Slimplayer sessions. I dont think it had any other advantages.

Maybe I'm just being dense, but what happens if you press the Power button in slimplayer on your extender, then go to another extender and try to play a radio station there? I'm guessing you still dont get audio or you would have said something. I just wanted to be sure.

-MKANET

Quote:
Power off does indeed power off the device slimplayer device from the client, however if I log into the squeezebox server i am still able to select the SoftSqueeze and start playback. When turning off slimplayer, then turning off the extender, i am still able to go into <ip-address>:9000 and see the SoftSqueeze selected.

I did not set this up on my server, so there is no softsqueeze player specifically for the sageTV client on my server. The server is headless and I have no need for slimplayer running on there.

I believe the above is causing the issue because softsqueeze never seems to shutdown....

~PiX64

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

So if I power off slimplayer on my one working extener, then power on slimplayer from another it will act if rs working but recording icon never shows and I get no audio. If the other extended is on audio will actually start playing on the main working extender!!!!

It's pretty weird. Hopefully I explained that ok
Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Ohhhhh... okay one more question. If you power off your working extender completely (the entire HD200/HD300), then go to the other extender, will you be able to get a REC icon and audio (on the other extender)? Or, is audio and the loopback channel tied to only one extender no matter what you do?

Here's another experiment.. play a radio station on your "working extender", press the Power button (to turn off Slimplayer) or STOP (but do NOT completely turn off the extender), then restart the SBS service running on your headless server. Will restarting SBS allow you to switch to the other extender's slimplayer without any issues?

I'm trying to figure out a manual way to get it to allow you to switch to the other extender. If it can be done manually, we can make it automatic hopefully.

Quote:
So if I power off slimplayer on my one working extener, then power on slimplayer from another it will act if rs working but recording icon never shows and I get no audio. If the other extended is on audio will actually start playing on the main working extender!!!!

It's pretty weird. Hopefully I explained that ok

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-22-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

so if i completely power off the extneder and try loading on nother extener i get the same result as mentioned before. slimplayer acts as it is working, no audio, no recording symbol. when "stopping" using the stop button on the remote it completely freezes the sageui. when using power off it will shut it off only it will take an EXTREMELY long time.

I think what you said is accurate. It seems as though the slimplayer loopback channel is tied to 1 and only 1 extender..

I tried your experiment and was not successful. same result and described in the past few posts :-/

i really appreciate your help though in trying to figure this out!
Old 01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I will correct this ASAP.
Thanks for reporting it.

- Chris
Old 01-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Update 2.3.4 available

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
I will correct this ASAP.
Thanks for reporting it.

- Chris
Version 2.3.4 is available now , which fixes the background issue.

- Chris