SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac13 View Post
Hi, I have updated to the new version and I am having a problem saving data.

For example, I have a Video Akira.divx. The search is fine and the data display is too, but when I select "Save" I get a screen which asks me whether I want to: -
Save metadata using Original Video Title ""
Save using IMDB Title "Akira"
Save Image only.

Note the empty quotes in the first option - that is what is displayed on the screen.

Whichever option I select I then get a screen which says IMDB read failed: null

This happens for all my videos, some of which already have metadata, some of which don't.

Where can I look, or what information can I provide, to find out what is going wrong?
Exactly the same behaviour here. Installed IMDB Search for the first time. Always the same "IMDB read failed: null" whenever I try to save the search.
I don't know how to help. I launch IMDB search starting from the folder view of the movies.

Gian Piero
Old 06-26-2010, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianpieroizzo View Post
Exactly the same behaviour here. Installed IMDB Search for the first time. Always the same "IMDB read failed: null" whenever I try to save the search.
I get the same thing. When launching the search I just click on a recorded show or imported video and select IMDB search. I've never saved meta data before so I'm not really clear on what should be happening and where it's stored.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Sage Icon

I've submitted an updated (7.1.1.) that does fix a couple of issues I found while looking at this.

Can you check the date of nielm_sageutls.jar and nielm_sageimdb.jar in the JARS directory.

John
Old 06-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

nielm_sageutls.jar 16 May 2010 11:27
nielm_sageimdb.jar 6 Jul 2009 19:09

I haven't installed 7.1.1 yet.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

7.1.1 fixes the problem for me, thank you
Old 06-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac13 View Post
nielm_sageutls.jar 16 May 2010 11:27
nielm_sageimdb.jar 6 Jul 2009 19:09

I haven't installed 7.1.1 yet.
mine are
nielm_sageutls.jar 9 Mar 2009 19:10
nielm_sageimdb.jar 15 Jul 2009 14:01

I'll try and figure out where they came from.

John
Old 06-27-2010, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

The latest version fixed the problem I was having with "IMDB read failed: null" whenever I try to save the search.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade View Post
The latest version fixed the problem I was having with "IMDB read failed: null" whenever I try to save the search.
The latest version solved the problem for me at the beginning.
Then I tried sorting out a bit my plugins and I uninstalled both IMDB search and Metadata Tools.
When I reinstalled them again IMDBsearch stopped working again.
Maybe there is a conflict between the two plugins ?

Gian Piero
Old 06-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

There is an update to the nielm_sageimdb library in the plugin repository. Normally you would not need to download this separately, but could you try doing an update of that and see if that helps.

John
Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am getting "IMDB read failed: null" too with IMDB version 7.1.1 ( when trying to save the data )

I also have the latest jars :

nielm_sageutls.jar version 1.4.1 - 16/05/2010 11:27
nielm_sageimdb.jar version 1.7 - 28/06/2010 13:34
Server : Asus M4A79XTD Evo / AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz / 4Gb RAM / Win 10 64-bit / Cinergy 2400iDT (French Freeview - TNT) / 2 * Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 (UK Sky) / TT CT-3650 CI / HDD : 4.5 To / Sage V7 / XMLTV Importer / EPG from WebGrabPlus+/ LM DVB Recorder for all tuners / 2 Clients : STP-HD300

Last edited by bunch92; 06-30-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been having the same problem. I uninstalled the imdb search and reinstalled it and now it works.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I reinstalled the pluggin , and it worked for 5 minutes. Then it stopped working again with the same error as before.

I believe it might clash with another pluggin, maybe the Phoenix fanart.

I will do some testing without Phoenix fanart
Server : Asus M4A79XTD Evo / AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz / 4Gb RAM / Win 10 64-bit / Cinergy 2400iDT (French Freeview - TNT) / 2 * Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 (UK Sky) / TT CT-3650 CI / HDD : 4.5 To / Sage V7 / XMLTV Importer / EPG from WebGrabPlus+/ LM DVB Recorder for all tuners / 2 Clients : STP-HD300
Old 06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Sage User

I've got the most recent update and was able to save the images. However nothing I seem to do will make it use that image as the thumbnail for the file. It continues to use the wrong image that was picked up when the file was originally scanned. Am I missing something here or is there another step to make it use the image that IMDB search saved for me?
Old 07-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

I removed the Phoenix fanart pluggin and now IMDB search works fine , so there is an incompatibility between the 2 pluggins.

I have the same behaviour as Melekal ( post above ) and would like to know the answer to his question too.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melekal View Post
Am I missing something here or is there another step to make it use the image that IMDB search saved for me?
You need to run "Scan Imported Media" for the downloaded images to get picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch92 View Post
I removed the Phoenix fanart pluggin and now IMDB search works fine , so there is an incompatibility between the 2 pluggins.
Which Phoenix fanart plugin? Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 or Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus?

John
Old 07-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
You need to run "Scan Imported Media" for the downloaded images to get picked up.
That did the trick for the "My videos" folders.
But when you save an IMDB image for a recording located in " TV --> Recordings --> All recordings " , the screenshot showing is not the IMDB image dowloaded, but a picture of the beginning of the recording ( in my case most of the time it is a picture of an advert that has been recorded before the movie starts) .

Quote:
Which Phoenix fanart plugin? Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 or Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus?John
It was Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 but ignore that as this morning I got the "read null" issue again , and Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 is not installed anymore. I had to uninstall / reinstall IMDB for it to work properly again.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Sage User

So I ran the option to "Scan Imported Media" with no success. However after uninstalling Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 the images showed up. I reinstalled the Phoenix Fanart plugin and they were gone again. Would be nice if they could work in tandem as Phoenix Fanart gets me about 80% of the thumbnails I am looking for at a good size while IMDB search allowed me to customize the few that came in wrong.

If that were the only thing I would just dump Phoenix Fanart and deal with manually downloading the images. But the images that are downloaded from IMDB are considerably smaller than the images that I get from Phoenix Fanart. Is there any way to make them the same size? Even switching the screen to have 4 rows and six columns made the images not take up all of the available space.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch92 View Post
It was Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 but ignore that as this morning I got the "read null" issue again , and Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 is not installed anymore. I had to uninstall / reinstall IMDB for it to work properly again.
When it has the "read null" message has it actually saved anything? I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with the saving code, or the code that returns you to the menu you came from.

Quote:
So I ran the option to "Scan Imported Media" with no success. However after uninstalling Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 the images showed up. I reinstalled the Phoenix Fanart plugin and they were gone again. Would be nice if they could work in tandem as Phoenix Fanart gets me about 80% of the thumbnails I am looking for at a good size while IMDB search allowed me to customize the few that came in wrong.
That's something you would need to contact bialio about in the Phoenix Fanart for SageTV 7 thread.
Quote:
If that were the only thing I would just dump Phoenix Fanart and deal with manually downloading the images. But the images that are downloaded from IMDB are considerably smaller than the images that I get from Phoenix Fanart. Is there any way to make them the same size? Even switching the screen to have 4 rows and six columns made the images not take up all of the available space.
I'll have a look and see if there are any options for the images that are downloaded.

John
Old 07-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
When it has the "read null" message has it actually saved anything? I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with the saving code, or the code that returns you to the menu you came from.John
No, it has not saved anything.

This morning again the pluggin was broken, an uninstall / reinstall fixed it , so there is a process or something that breaks it somehow.

The broken parts are :
1) When clicking on save, Save metadata using Original Video Title has got a blank title.
2) "Read null" when trying to save any of the three options ( original title , imdb title , image only )
3) When the pluggin is uninstalled / reinstalled , all the text data is savable and displayable but the image is not displayed in the "My TV recording" section ( note that text data and image are correctly displayed for a movie in "My videos" section )

Could the issue be coming from some left over libraries that were installed as part of a different pluggin ( I am saying that because after uninstalling Phoenix fanart, several libraries were still present in my list of installed pluggins with the name Phoenix, that I had to remove manually )

I have the following pluggins installed :
UI mod:
Comskip Playback
Custom main menu
IMBD search
Miniguide
General :
SageTV H2 database
Theme :
Serenity
Library:
commons-codec
commons-dbutils
commons-io
commons-lang
commons-net
df_sageutils
htmlparser
log4j
lucene-core
nielm-sageimdb
Nielm's sage utilities
sageortus library
sagex-api - SageTV API extensions
Old 07-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Sage Icon

bunch92, what do you have in your JARs directory?

John