SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
The name of the file remains the same, just Sage displays it as "".
I've been able to reproduce that, I'll work on an update to fix it.

John
Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Sage Expert

Amazing response speed. Thank you!

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 02-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Sage Expert

I have upgraded to the updated released yesterday, but the problem still persists. Was the update supposed to address this?

Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have upgraded to the updated released yesterday, but the problem still persists. Was the update supposed to address this?
I won't fix the existing file metadata, but it does stop it from happening in future.

Probably the easiest way to reset the values of the particular file is to temporarily rename it or move it out of the import directories and do a "Scan Imported Media" then reinstate the file and do another "Scan Imported Media".

Or, you could go the path of one of plugin / webapps and edit the metadata (nielm's webserver, BMT, Plugin: Read, Write and Edit Metadata) and reinstate the Episode Name, which is the field that is displayed for imported videos.

John
Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Sage Expert

I did remove the .properties file and Sage started displaying it normally using the file name. Then after updating the plugin I did again IMDB lookup and the same problem has reocurred.

1Gb wired network
Old 02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I did remove the .properties file and Sage started displaying it normally using the file name. Then after updating the plugin I did again IMDB lookup and the same problem has reocurred.
oops, typo in the wrong manifest and it was still pointing at the old version. I've corrected that and you should get the updated version that works. Sorry about that.

John
Old 02-13-2011, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

The wife and I love using this plugin, so thanks for maintaining it. Any chance the text can be reformatted so that bottoms of the letters (i.e. g, j, y) don't get chopped off under 'cast' and 'backstage'? In fact, it appears that all letters have a tiny bit chopped off the bottom. It seems that the real name (next to the # in the list) is raised, similar to a superscript, relative to the # and the character or role is lowered, very much like a subscript. While it's not a big deal, it is annoying, since you can't always tell what the person's name or role actually is.

If you need a screenshot, let me know. I'm using TVE, but I don't see any reason that would affect this plugin's screens.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 02-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
It seems that the real name (next to the # in the list) is raised, similar to a superscript, relative to the # and the character or role is lowered, very much like a subscript.
I'd never even noticed it. I suspect it was that way to cater for extremely long names, but it's fixed now.

John
Old 02-14-2011, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Damn that was fast! Thanks so much. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I'd never even noticed it. I suspect it was that way to cater for extremely long names, but it's fixed now.

John
It's not OCD (aka Monk), but I do--sadly--have an eye for it... pictures or molding not level, things not centered. The fact that I notice it even annoys me. Thankfully, I don't HAVE to fix everything, though.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a small request. I like to view my video library by Category. When I add a new video, it often gets put into "Unknown" category and then I'll go find it and perform an IMDB manual search on it. When I click Save on the IMDB info page, it saves and the UI switches back to the Unknown list of videos. The video I was editing is gone.. moved to whatever category IMDB set it to. My issue is I like to specify my own categories. So I have to go and find the video whereever it moved to and modify the category there. Ideally, when I hit "Save" on the IMDB info page, it would bring me back to the video detail page for that video again, rather than back one more page to the Category page. Then I could change metadata/categories right away. This actually was the functionality in SageMC.

Thanks for all the hard work on this great plugin.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:08 AM

IMDB international property

Hi there,

first of all thanks for the great plugin, it works quite well and is fetching a lot of very useful information. I really enjoy browsing for background information on new TV shows. Good work!

There is only one thing that I would really appreciate in one of the new versions of the plugin.
Please give us the possibility to set the imdb webpage by a property. In that case it would be possible for me to switch the page from imdb.com to imdb.de which will give me the german tv series support. The query interface would be the same but i will get the translated series and episode names which would be such a cool feature!

Hope this is possible and could be really integrated into the plugin! Thanks in Advance and please continue with this nice project!

Best regards
Balu
Old 03-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem with 7.1.9.1. Is it only me?

With 7.1.9.1 the plug-in is not working for me. It returns the list of entries to select, but on selecting one of them, nothing happens, except the spinning arrow for a second. The log seems to point to a StackOverflowError (whatever that it).

Is this happening for only me? Am I missing something?

I turned on the plug-in's debug logging, retried, and have attached the section of the log that seems relevant. I was selecting "The Waterboy".

BTW - I have tried restarted Sage, and uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in to no avail.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sage_0.txt (7.8 KB, 118 views)
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 03-26-2011, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Just upgraded myself and mine is working fine. Note that I'm still on 7.0.23.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
Is this happening for only me? Am I missing something?

I turned on the plug-in's debug logging, retried, and have attached the section of the log that seems relevant. I was selecting "The Waterboy".
I've tried using 7.1.5 on my PC and and HD200 and can't get it to fail. Even looked up The Waterboy as well.

Not sure what I can suggest, other than what java version are you running? and what size is your java heap running at?

John
Old 03-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've tried using 7.1.5 on my PC and and HD200 and can't get it to fail. Even looked up The Waterboy as well.

Not sure what I can suggest, other than what java version are you running? and what size is your java heap running at?

John
Thanks for the effort. I found that when I deleted the client properties file and let Sage rebuild it the problem disappeared.

BTW - Java version is 1.6.0_23. Heap size is 1038 MB.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 03-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Some of my imports have funny filenames and aren't found in IMDB unless a manual search is done. I find that when I do a manual search on a video and then try to save the information, it doesn't save.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Trivia in IMDB

After watching some old movies last night, the WAF was at a tremendously high level over the IMDB trivia display. I never would have thought anyone would be thrilled over a 1948 Doris Day movie and the old "True Grit" John Wayne movie.

The 'trivia' section showed several paragraphs, and even though it had links and other stuff it was still readable and complete. I later saw there was an update to the IMDB plugin, installed it, and now I'm back to a 'one line' trivia display.

Is there any way to go back to the older version of the plugin, or do you plan on changing this in the future? Perhaps a larger font, or a user selectable 'one line' or 'complete' trivia section.

Thanks in advance,
Larry
Old 04-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
Is there any way to go back to the older version of the plugin, or do you plan on changing this in the future? Perhaps a larger font, or a user selectable 'one line' or 'complete' trivia section.
Larry, that's an unintentional change, can't believe I didn't catch that. I'll do an update that will fix it.

John
Old 04-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Larry, that's an unintentional change, can't believe I didn't catch that. I'll do an update that will fix it.

John
Just saw the update to 7.21 and installed it, works great!

Thanks again for all your work,

Larry
Old 04-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

Question

Got a question. For quite a while now (maybe forever?), the artwork on an actors entry on my HD300 is shown so I only see like a quarter of the image. It's like it was blown up 200% with a badly cropped smartphone camera shot. on my SageTV Client on the server however, the same entries look fine.

Any ideas? Are there separate caches for the clients and if so, how do I clear them? Could it be related to UI I'm using (though I'm using Diamond on both).

Thanks in advance.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL