SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Have you configured Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Overscan Settings to adjust the UI position & size so that it properly fits the available space?

- Andy
That did it

I *think* I did adjust those years ago when I had a SDTV and using the s-video output!!! When I switched over to an LCD 1080P TV, I never noticed anything "wrong" so it never hit me to re-adjust this.

Dang, Jeremy, sorry for wasting your time on this having you think this was something to do with your plugin. DOH! It's just that your plugin was the ONLY thing I've ever done with Sage where this was made evident

Looks like whoever at Sage made that screenshot for the default theme needs to go in and adjust their overscan settings as well. LOL

Even though not a huge deal, thanks very much guys for figuring this out!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Looks like whoever at Sage made that screenshot for the default theme needs to go in and adjust their overscan settings as well. LOL
Your comment that the Standard theme's preview showed the same thing caused me to suggest adjusting the UI overscan. I always work with the UI inset a bit so I can make sure the overscan area is working properly... so yes, the theme preview image does need to be redone with realistic overscan settings.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Your comment that the Standard theme's preview showed the same thing caused me to suggest adjusting the UI overscan.
I figured out why my overscan settings get goofed up somehow -- has to do with using Radmin to remote into the HTPC and inadvertently toggling the SageTV window to fullscreen. Does something really goofy to the display... but easily avoidable and very easily "fixed" when needed
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2

Last edited by darcilicious; 07-23-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

Something I've noticed after I've updated some of the categories in the guide to use other colors (via Setup / Help / View TV Category Colors) -- that the black highlight is used by default.

For example, below "Bones" is highlighted but is magenta (the same color as "House") when it's not highlighted and black when it is.

Here "FOX News" is highlighted correctly because it's using the default SageTV color scheme:

I don't much about graphics but is there some way you could use a mostly transparent overlay so the custom colors aren't lost?

And BTW, I LOVE this theme, I can't really imagine using SageTV without so thanks much for all your work on this!

Last edited by darcilicious; 07-23-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Jeremy! In the Pheonix fanart thread you posted a ThumbShadow.png file for me to use. I did think a little shadow looked pretty good so tried to copy the standard theme's ThumbShadow.png into the MBDiamond theme folder but it went back to the big bold and black outline so I went back to the file you posted. Is there anyway to have this shadow like the standard theme? If not, no biggie, but just curious Thanks!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Something I've noticed after I've updated some of the categories in the guide to use other colors (via Setup / Help / View TV Category Colors) -- that the black highlight is used by default.

For example, below "Bones" is highlighted but is magenta (the same color as "House") when it's not highlighted and black when it is.

Here "FOX News" is highlighted correctly because it's using the default SageTV color scheme:

I don't much about graphics but is there some way you could use a mostly transparent overlay so the custom colors aren't lost?

And BTW, I LOVE this theme, I can't really imagine using SageTV without so thanks much for all your work on this!
Hey darcilicious,

Seems like any of the custom catagories have this effect, the defaults that have color images that come from the standard theme folder do not have this effect.

I tried adding a custom catagory from the Help menu and it shows the same issue as your screen shots. The highlight is transparent for the non custom catagories (that use images for the color from the Standard theme folder) but not for custom catagories that you select the actual color that you want.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
The highlight is transparent for the non custom catagories (that use images for the color from the Standard theme folder) but not for custom catagories that you select the actual color that you want.
Heya Jeremy,

I'm not sure if this helps at all but I noticed that the highlight is transparent in the Scheduled Recordings, Recordings view, etc so it just seems to be a problem in the Guide view? Perhaps this is really a SageTV (default) kind of bug?

Though I'm also noticing that the default/standard theme does use a transparent image for highlighting in the Guide.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hey Jeremy! In the Pheonix fanart thread you posted a ThumbShadow.png file for me to use. I did think a little shadow looked pretty good so tried to copy the standard theme's ThumbShadow.png into the MBDiamond theme folder but it went back to the big bold and black outline so I went back to the file you posted. Is there anyway to have this shadow like the standard theme? If not, no biggie, but just curious Thanks!
Hey Brent,

I'm away from my computer on and off this week so I'll have a look when I get a chance next weekend. It's probably something simple, I'll you know.

Jeremy
Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hey Brent,

I'm away from my computer on and off this week so I'll have a look when I get a chance next weekend. It's probably something simple, I'll you know.

Jeremy
Thanks, Jeremy! Not a biggie, just curious Thanks for looking!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Sage Icon

Great job Jorton. I really think SageTV should make this their default theme.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hey darcilicious,

Seems like any of the custom catagories have this effect, the defaults that have color images that come from the standard theme folder do not have this effect.

I tried adding a custom catagory from the Help menu and it shows the same issue as your screen shots. The highlight is transparent for the non custom catagories (that use images for the color from the Standard theme folder) but not for custom catagories that you select the actual color that you want.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Hey Jeremy, I just noticed something that may or may not help you with the guide color issues I was reading about. I just switched to using SageTV in service mode. In the guide, everything is BLACK... there are no colors for the different type programs. However, when I was running in non service mode, the guide had many different colors being shown. Not sure if this might help or not but thought I'd throw it out there
Old 08-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just switched to using SageTV in service mode. In the guide, everything is BLACK... there are no colors for the different type programs.
That doesn't sound right. Or at least, it sounds very different than what I have. Running in service mode on Vista and the guide is populated with both the default color categories and my custom ones. (See pix in a post above somewhere). This is true for both the "client" running on the same as the box as the server as well as a second client on a different box and for both the default v7 theme and for this theme.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hey Jeremy, I just noticed something that may or may not help you with the guide color issues I was reading about. I just switched to using SageTV in service mode. In the guide, everything is BLACK... there are no colors for the different type programs. However, when I was running in non service mode, the guide had many different colors being shown. Not sure if this might help or not but thought I'd throw it out there
Brent,

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling since changing from no service mode to service mode?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Brent and Plucky,

I think I figured out with the guide overlay problem. The black fade just doesn't play nice with the guide colors (only a problem in MBDiamond and not Standard) so I have changed it to just be an overlay of a highlight and will post later tonight, I think it looks the same or better. I also have updated the thumbnail background to match the theme (rounded corners but not too big) and will post the update to MBDiamond 1.62 later tonight.

Brent - I think what you are noticing is similar to this post for lost remote mappings,

Quote:
As shown in Appendix A of the PDF manual, the UI uses a different .properties file when using service mode.

If you want to manually copy over the settings, copy all the ui/rc_mappings/xxxx properties from Sage.proeprties to SageClient.properties.

- Andy
I think (please correct if I am wrong) that the custom catagories would be have to be recreated (or just reset) if you change from "no service" to "service" mode as each mode saves settings in a different file (not shared) between modes.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jeremy
Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think I figured out with the guide overlay problem. The black fade just doesn't play nice with the guide colors (only a problem in MBDiamond and not Standard) so I have changed it to just be an overlay of a highlight and will post later tonight
Awesome news, thanks for your continued work on this!

[...aaaaand it's working like a charm!]

Last edited by darcilicious; 08-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry guys,

Just after I uploaded the change I noticed that I goofed on the thumbnail background. I purposely saved a blank file as it shows under the Video/TV thumbs and the Channel Logos and kind of doesn't look as good if you have transparent logos. My bad, I should have remembered. 1.63 posted with the blank Thumbnail background again.

Regards,

Jeremy
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
That doesn't sound right. Or at least, it sounds very different than what I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Brent,

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling since changing from no service mode to service mode?
Quote:
Hey Brent and Plucky,

Brent - I think what you are noticing is similar to this post for lost remote mappings,

Jeremy
Hey All, just FYI, Jeremy was exactly right in that what I was seeing was similar to my "lost remote" problem.

I knew that running in service mode did create a different properties file but I wasn't aware that so many of my settings that I thought would be carried over weren't. Evidently I had changed something in the guide area because what I did was just made a backup of my new SageClient.properties file and copied over ALL the UI stuff out of my previous properties file. When I restarted I had my remote back and the colors in the guide

I also noticed there was an update available for the MBDiamond plugin. Excellent! But, Jeremy, please don't ever feel the need to apologize to me like you did in the update description You guys who make SageTV even better than it already is and share your work have no idea how much I appreciate what you do. A little shadow is no big deal at all! haha Anyway, thanks so much for doing what you do and sharing your theme!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
SJust after I uploaded the change I noticed that I goofed on the thumbnail background. I purposely saved a blank file as it shows under the Video/TV thumbs and the Channel Logos and kind of doesn't look as good if you have transparent logos. My bad, I should have remembered. 1.63 posted with the blank Thumbnail background again.
Is this the ThumbShadow.png file? If so, when "blank" it causes pictures to be less distinguished when they are selected and scaled up in the photo browser. I tried to copy the one from the standard theme but for some reason it gets scaled up too much with a heavy black border around the picture (which someone noted before). Is there any way to get the same thumbnail background as the standard theme for picture browsing? Thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Sage Icon

Hi CNCB,

I'll have a look tonight (I guess this morning...) and see if I can work this out, I have a feeling that it is a setting in the MBDiamond theme.properties file that is the cause.

I'll let you know.

Jeremy

*** It is the theme.properties file in the MBDiamond directory causing the problem - Jeremy ***

Last edited by jorton; 09-07-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Update
Old 09-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
*** It is the theme.properties file in the MBDiamond directory causing the problem - Jeremy ***
Jeremy, Is there a line I can edit in the theme.properties file to get different behavior? Thanks.