SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Can you try this file and see if it works.

You just need to rename the old file and replace with this one.

Let me know if it works for you.

The property in the theme.properties file causing the problem causes other scaiing issues if I change it.

J

* File removed - Please use file in post below. Jeremy *

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=84

Last edited by jorton; 09-15-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Can you try this file and see if it works.
Thanks, it looks better but I think the difference is the one in the standard theme seems to have a wider "fade effect border" (transparency gradient).
Old 09-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

I'll post a scaled original file for you later tonight.

I was playing with that file so it has been tweaked a little from the original.

J
Old 09-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

Hey CNCB,

I seem to have scaling issues that effect the other images if I correct via the theme.properties file. Maybe I don't full understand the scaling inset base resolutions but changing from 1920/1080 back to 720/480 solves the problem but causes distortion of other elements of the theme that are based on the 1920/1080 scaling base resolutions.

I did my best to come up with something close to the effect you see in the Standard theme (similare size, gradient etc...). With the difference in overall lightness of the two themes there will always be a difference visually.

At this point I will not be including this image in the theme officially. I may create a child theme that adds this image but I am not sure it is worth cluttering up the plugin repository with it

As before please rename the original thumbshadow.png file prior to copying over this file to the MBDiamond folder.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: png ThumbShadow.png (19.3 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by jorton; 09-15-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Looks good. Thanks for doing this.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

This theme looks really nice.

I do have two questions. On the second image on the first post the folders view shows almost a wall type screen with all the cover art. How to do you enable that view. I only get a list with the cover art and name right now.

And the second question, how do you get the bottom bar with the recording space information centered on the screen? If I enable it, it is on the right side.

Thanks

-Tim
Old 09-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Email68 View Post
This theme looks really nice.

I do have two questions. On the second image on the first post the folders view shows almost a wall type screen with all the cover art. How to do you enable that view. I only get a list with the cover art and name right now.

And the second question, how do you get the bottom bar with the recording space information centered on the screen? If I enable it, it is on the right side.

Thanks

-Tim
First part, in the Titles or Folder view you need to go into options panel and select Menu Options and from there set the columns to 4 and the rows to 3 (or 5/4) and I also had the Phoenix for V7 plugin installed from the repository so show the fanart images. You will need to do this for the Titles view and the Folder view.

Second part, what you are seeing in that image was actually the diskbar in "twiedertweaks" before the Malore extras were updated (enabled by entering "5309" on the "Setup > System Informaiton" screen and then click on the bar itself for size options etc). I am not sure why your bar would be on the right as I have never seen that and it may be caused by a plugin.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VideoMenu.jpg (117.7 KB, 192 views)
Old 09-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Perfect, thanks Jeremy. I didn't know about the menu options.

I miss typed, that bar is on the left. I just removed it for now, so I'm all good.

Thanks again.

-Tim
Old 10-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

How hard is it to put a yellow outline around the selected item? Sometime it is hard to tell what is selected. Is this something you can easily do Jeremy? If you don't have time to do it, perhaps point me to what file or graphic to change to make this happen.

Also, consider making it easier to make out what is selected in your new Diamond theme.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
How hard is it to put a yellow outline around the selected item? Sometime it is hard to tell what is selected. Is this something you can easily do Jeremy? If you don't have time to do it, perhaps point me to what file or graphic to change to make this happen.

Also, consider making it easier to make out what is selected in your new Diamond theme.
I would agree. Being able to clearly see what is selected/highlighted is the main limitation, imo. Everything else looks good.

-Suntan
Old 10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
I would agree. Being able to clearly see what is selected/highlighted is the main limitation, imo. Everything else looks good.

-Suntan
It is not hard at all to put a highlight on some of the highlight bars. If you let me know what screen in particular I can wip something up for you. Post a screen shot and I'll see what I can do.

In the original MBDiamond I don't think I went too far witht he graphics for the selected and highlighted bars like in the Search screen.

In the newer Diamond I have been working on some sub themes that will be included with the main theme to cover different types of users and some of the myriad of options and opinions. To date I have 4 (top secret ) sub themes on the go that I will be including that make little changes to things like highlight bars and backgrounds. I troll around the forums watching for any feedback etc and add new sub themes as I go

Hope that answers you question.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
It is not hard at all to put a highlight on some of the highlight bars. If you let me know what screen in particular I can wip something up for you. Post a screen shot and I'll see what I can do.

In the original MBDiamond I don't think I went too far witht he graphics for the selected and highlighted bars like in the Search screen.
What I'm thinking of is really simple highlight, here's a mockup:

Mostly needed for the main screens, Recordings, Videos, Pictures, Online, and Music. Search screen is not as important to me if its too much trouble to do.

The new theme sounds really cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sample_7.jpg (69.4 KB, 518 views)

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Wow thats terrible looking I would say, if you are going to do that, just do the right or left border with a highlight. Just a line, like a mobile browser to let you know where you are vertically. Less obtrusive. But of course, each entitled to there own opinion.

Quote:
What I'm thinking of is really simple highlight, here's a mockup:

Mostly needed for the main screens, Recordings, Videos, Pictures, Online, and Music. Search screen is not as important to me if its too much trouble to do.

The new theme sounds really cool.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 10-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Wow thats terrible looking I would say, if you are going to do that, just do the right or left border with a highlight. Just a line, like a mobile browser to let you know where you are vertically. Less obtrusive. But of course, each entitled to there own opinion.
Yes, and for me, I'll sacrifice looks for functionality. With the highlighted border, I don't have to look hard to know what is selected. It stands out clearly. And I don't think it looks terrible at all. And if it helps, the highlight doesn't have to be yellow, it can be blue or white or whatever color you like.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

I had the same problem seeing the current selection. The "BlueTwo (addon for MBDiamond)" provides a green focus element that highlights the current selection.

I replaced the background icon images that are included in BlueTwo with my own solid color background images to get the exact look that I wanted.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...hlight=bluetwo

This is a screenshot from the BlueTwo forum page.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, and for me, I'll sacrifice looks for functionality. With the highlighted border, I don't have to look hard to know what is selected. It stands out clearly. And I don't think it looks terrible at all. And if it helps, the highlight doesn't have to be yellow, it can be blue or white or whatever color you like.
As jorton said there are highlight colors. (at least I think he said that).
Old 10-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
I had the same problem seeing the current selection. The "BlueTwo (addon for MBDiamond)" provides a green focus element that highlights the current selection.

I replaced the background icon images that are included in BlueTwo with my own solid color background images to get the exact look that I wanted.
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
As jorton said there are highlight colors. (at least I think he said that).
Yeah, can't wait for the release of his new theme.

How's my hybrid List/Side view coming along?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Sage User

Menu Item Backgrounds

Jeremy,

Thanks for your work on the MB Diamond Theme which I think is great. I use it on my HD200. My issue is the lack of backgrounds around the selected menu items such as "Recordings", "Watch TV" etc. (middle column) & then the sub-menu items (Third Column) such as "All Recordings" etc.

I find that the highlighting alone is not sufficient contrast to easily see the selected item & would prefer there to be a background image to the selected menu item as there is in the default Diamond theme.

The frustrating part is that, when I first select & setup MB Diamond theme from my HD200 it DOES show up with background images around the icons, but these disappear when the HD200 is restarted.

I am using Sage V7.1.9.256 with STV SageTV7.xml V7.1.9.6 & MBDiamond v1.63.

Is there any way of changing this?