SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Movie trailer scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Will this search for an trailer for an upcoming theatrical release (ie. not something in the EPG or already on disk)? I don't care if I have to use my remote to key the movie title...
Don't want to drag this off topic, so apologies in advance but this is related to trailers.

This is something I've always wanted too, so we've been busy over at the Ortus camp and have come up with a scraper that grabs the latest trailers from You tube, Trailer Freaks and Apple Trailers which will give you the ability to download and store them with fan art and various details like actors, release date etc. We're currently pondering if there would be any demand in the short term to release this as a standalone STVi for the default STV....thoughts?

Cheers

Ben

* split to its own topic *

Ok, I guess it was a bad idea to start this in someone else's thread....my bad

Last edited by jaminben; 06-21-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Don't want to drag this off topic, so apologies in advance but this is related to trailers.

This is something I've always wanted too, so we've been busy over at the Ortus camp and have come up with a scraper that grabs the latest trailers from You tube, Trailer Freaks and Apple Trailers which will give you the ability to download and store them with fan art and various details like actors, release date etc. We're currently pondering if there would be any demand in the short term to release this as a standalone STVi for the default STV....thoughts?

Cheers

Ben
Abso-effing-lutely. Especially being able to get to the Apple Trailers with the plugin. Yes-bring it on!

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Cheers

Ben
By "latest trailers" do you mean the trailers for movies that are currently playing at a local theater? If so, that would be great! I'd love to be able to use Sage to view the currently playing movies at the local theaters and having the ability to view the trailer would be an added plus for sure
Old 06-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Abso-effing-lutely. Especially being able to get to the Apple Trailers with the plugin. Yes-bring it on!

Gerry
I guess you'll be up for some beta testing if it gets done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
By "latest trailers" do you mean the trailers for movies that are currently playing at a local theater? If so, that would be great! I'd love to be able to use Sage to view the currently playing movies at the local theaters and having the ability to view the trailer would be an added plus for sure
Yep, thats what I mean.....trailer support is quite new for Ortus (two weeks ish) so its still early days and things will probably improve over time but we currently scrape trailers from:

http://trailers.apple.com/
http://www.youtube.com/trailers
http://trailerfreaks.com/

These are split into three sources which are selectable seperatly and each source may have different sections e.g Coming Soon, Now Showing etc (the YouTube scraper does this currently).

Anyway, we'll see how much of a pain it is to transfer the code over to the default UI and if its not too bad you may see an STVi in a few weeks or so.....I can't promise anything though!! The good news is they all work in Ortus

Cheers

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 06-20-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post

Gerry
Quote:
I guess you'll be up for some beta testing if it gets done?
Ready when you are.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Cheers

Ben
Sounds great, let me know if you need another beta tester.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds awesome, but if it will delay the release of Ortus I would rather wait. lol
Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Sage Icon

Since MovieTimes has not been ported over - or, more specifically, the menus aren't customizable so that we can use the existing version - this would be great.

I don't hardly even use MovieTimes for its main purpose (checking local movie theater listings) because I rarely go out to movies; but in v6 (with customizable menus) I had set up a direct menu link to all the trailers that MovieTimes automatically downloaded from Apple Trailers every night (I copied the path to the "Folder view" of the "Media" folder in the MovieTimes folder, and called it "Current Movie Trailers" or something like that).

So, yeah, with how infrequently I actually use it for movie listings, I would actually take this suggested plug-in and not even wait for MovieTimes to be ported!
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Since MovieTimes has not been ported over - or, more specifically, the menus aren't customizable so that we can use the existing version - this would be great.

I don't hardly even use MovieTimes for its main purpose (checking local movie theater listings) because I rarely go out to movies; but in v6 (with customizable menus) I had set up a direct menu link to all the trailers that MovieTimes automatically downloaded from Apple Trailers every night (I copied the path to the "Folder view" of the "Media" folder in the MovieTimes folder, and called it "Current Movie Trailers" or something like that).

So, yeah, with how infrequently I actually use it for movie listings, I would actually take this suggested plug-in and not even wait for MovieTimes to be ported!
Funny you should mention MovieTime Listings..... I had thought about adding something like that using http://www.google.com/movies but it became abit manic so gave up. Perhaps I will take another look sometime.

Cheers

Ben
Old 06-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

jaminben, note that it's apparently being worked on (see the thread about MovieTimes), so you might want to coordinate....
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
jaminben, note that it's apparently being worked on (see the thread about MovieTimes), so you might want to coordinate....
Yea, I did notice that alittle while ago.....I guess I won't bother for the time being, perhaps once the two imports are up and running we can link them together some how (thats if EP's plugin requires trailer support as he may already have it), we'll see how things pan out

Cheers

Ben

EDIT

Actually while I'm at it I'll share a few screenshots of where we're up to.... I only started to port it over this evening so its still early days and could still get cancelled but as you will see its coming on quite nicely. Its currently scraping and downloading trailers from Apple only.....not sure if I want to add the other sources yet and some of the scheduling options may disappear as they are really Ortus UI only but we'll see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ortus Trailers 1.jpg (151.2 KB, 446 views)
File Type: jpg Ortus Trailers 3.jpg (157.1 KB, 464 views)
File Type: jpg Ortus Trailers 2.jpg (126.6 KB, 436 views)

Last edited by jaminben; 06-21-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Nice. Very clean.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Sage User

Ben,

Everytime I see a screenshot of Ortus I really appreciate the stylized look and feel. I don't mean to diminish all the amazing work being done on the add-ons, etc. I am just looking forward to the pleasing effect of it all. Right down to the shape of the fonts and dialogue boxes it just looks like a cast of thousands in Cupertino worked on it. Just luv it!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Sage Expert

The Ortus Movie Trailer plugin is getting close...

Looking for a few beta testers to flush out any last minute bugs before we release it publicly.

Just PM me if you would be interested in helping us test it out.

If all goes well, it should be releasing in the next week...

Thanks,
Jeff