SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Sage Icon

Strange returns?

This morning I wanted to create a manual recording of a segment of a TV show. So I went to (forgive if I don't recall the exact labels): TV>Schedule Recording>Manual Recording, and I created a one time manual recording. No problem, except when I clicked the last option ("Once"), it returned me to... Setup? Huh?

I've seen several other odd "returns" like this as well, where you do one thing, and then it returns you to something completely different in the menus. I will try to note some of them if and when I notice them. It's not something that is "broken" or makes Sage unusable or anything, it's just.... ODD.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Administrator

I just tried creating a timed recording & no matter what option I chose after making all the TR selections, it returned to the Main Menu. Is your STV older or customized?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I see this kind of thing every now and then also.

For instance, yesterday after changing a setting in Customize section, I hit left to go back and I ended up in the TV-Recordings-* 3rd level (tertiary?) menu.

This is not something that happens very often, and I haven't seen any common thread in how it could be reproducible....

btl.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Sage Icon

I'll throw in a "me too". It's like the Navigation history/path gets confused and you end up not at all where you would expect when going "back". I've tried to find some consistency as to when it happens but it seems very random.

I have a number of plugins installed, unsupported extras enabled and I've been running either the Serenity or MB Diamond themes the whole time. If I get bored, maybe I'll uninstalled everything and see if I can make it happen in the stock UI...
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Is your STV older or customized?
- Andy
I am using the "custom main menu", and have used it to simply turn off "exit" (I later noticed that there is a plugin just to do that alone; I guess I could use that instead). Perhaps that is what did it....
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Sage Expert

I haven't decided yet if I think this is a feature or a bug But I think this is a result of the STV not treating the left arrow as a Back/Exit command, or maybe more accurately, the STV allowing the left arrow to go back without closing the screen it was just on. In most menu screens, if you use the left arrow to go back, SageTV leaves that screen open but hidden in the background, and the next Back/Exit command will bring you back to that menu screen that was previously hidden. After some time, I find that I have to hit the Back/Exit button on the remote a couple dozen times to clear out all of the open menu screens to get back to a fresh start. If the server and extenders run for more than a few days without being restarted, I wonder what kind of detrimental affect this might have on long term memory usage on the server if multiple extenders have many dozens of screens open in the background like this that aren't being closed?

You should be able to repeat this odd navigation by starting at the main menu, go to the Setup->Detailed Setup menu, then press the Videos button on your remote, then use the left arrow (not the Back/Exit button) to go backward from the Videos list to the main menu, and then select TV->Programming Guide. From there, if you press the Back/Exit button on the remote once, you should get dumped back to the TV submenu. Pressing Back/Exit again, you should get dumped back to the Videos list. And pressing Back/Exit again, you should get dumped back at the Detailed Setup screen.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Administrator

I've moved this to the customizations forum. If you run into any issues while using customizations, please disable or remove the customizations before posting in the beta section of the forum or filing a bug report.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

robogeek - while I see what you are saying, that doesn't explain the behavior I saw that started this thread, because I didn't hit "back" or the left button, I just "finished" what I was doing, which was making a manual recording by time. When I selected the last item in that sequence (frequency of occurrence = "Once"), it should have taken me back... somewhere... maybe back to the submenu where you have various options for scheduling a recording, maybe even back to the main menu at "TV"... but instead it took me to "Setup". Perhaps finishing this "task" hits the same call (or hook or whatever you Studio guys call it) as the left button, so the behavior was the same?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Sage Expert

Ahh, I see. I misread and thought you were saying it took you to Detailed Setup. Yeah, it seems SageTV isn't dropping the user back to the correct screen/submenu in some cases.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters