SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-29-2004, 02:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

keep sage always in focus

This might be more of a windows question.. you be the judge.

I'm using the output on my 350 for sage 2.16 going into one of my inputs on the TV.

I'm then using Windows XP via video card on a second input on the TV. (as a monitor)

My question is, does anyone know of a way to keep sage always in "focus" no matter what I'm doing in Windows? Its a pain to use sage only to realize something open or popped up in windows that put sage in the background. Is there like a Virtual desktop, or some kind of Sage property that allows it to be controlled even if its in the sys tray? or even in Sleep mode ( I know that defeats sleep mode...)

Hopefully that makes sense
Thanks
Old 04-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Re: keep sage always in focus

Quote:
Originally posted by phantomfsoc
This might be more of a windows question.. you be the judge.

I'm using the output on my 350 for sage 2.16 going into one of my inputs on the TV.

I'm then using Windows XP via video card on a second input on the TV. (as a monitor)

My question is, does anyone know of a way to keep sage always in "focus" no matter what I'm doing in Windows? Its a pain to use sage only to realize something open or popped up in windows that put sage in the background. Is there like a Virtual desktop, or some kind of Sage property that allows it to be controlled even if its in the sys tray? or even in Sleep mode ( I know that defeats sleep mode...)

Hopefully that makes sense
Thanks

The only way I know of is to use Girder (www.girder.nl) instead of the IR program that comes with the pvr-350. It's shareware ($20?) but well worth it IMHO. In any case you can try it for 30 days and see for yourself.

Bottom line, you never have to consider the active window again. As long as Sage is running (even sleeping) Girder can find it.

There are a few simple gotchas to getting it running but every question I had was answered here either by searching the forum or asking a question.

For me it completely changed the experience. It turned the box from a computer with a finicky remote that always needed intervention to a device that worked like any other.

peace . . .
Old 04-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

focus

Hey thanks for the tip... will Girder work with the original silver 350 remote? I plan on getting a new one eventually but if i can use the 350's then i' wait it out.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Sage User

Grider will work. Girder can basically work with ANY input/action that occurs on the PC.

I don't use the Hauppauge remote, but I think there may be a plugin required. Here is a link to the girder plugin page (look for Hauppauge IRRemote Plugin): http://www.girder.nl/plugins.php.

There are a bunch of links on the Girder forum regarding setup, configuration, et cetera. Also, there are some good links for using SendMessage to control Sage on this forum. For example, here is a good link from stanger89 regarding SendMessage: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...0502#post20502
Old 04-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Re: focus

Quote:
Hey thanks for the tip... will Girder work with the original silver 350 remote? I plan on getting a new one eventually but if i can use the 350's then i' wait it out.
yes it works perfectly with the silver remote. As with Sage, you can map any button to any command so not only does it work, you can configure each key to your personal preference. I was planning to get a new remote too but once I got the silver bullet configured 'my way' I am fine with it.

There are a few little things you have to be sure to have in place such as having the Hauppauge plugin and the right command file but as enewbauer noted, there is great information on the forum on how to set it up plus I would be glad to help with what little I know. Since we have the same remote I think you could just use my or any other silver remote users girder file as a starting point.

peace . . .
Old 05-05-2004, 01:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

remote

sounds good. So what exactly do I have to do to use girder and where do i get the files? Could i try yours out?
Old 05-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Re: remote

Quote:
sounds good. So what exactly do I have to do to use girder and where do i get the files? Could i try yours out?
Sure. It's actually Stranger's work, I just reassigned the commands I use to the silver pvr-350 remote.

When you download girder be sure to get the Hauppauge plugin.

This is the .gml file. You have to change the extension once you download it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv2.0.gml.txt (60.6 KB, 174 views)
Old 05-06-2004, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

focus

ok so I got Girder up and running with sage. but the only problem is that when girder starts up it give me an error that irremote.dll isn't the right version for girder 3.2

I tried looking around but none of the irremote.dll files seem to work. If I hit ok on the error its all good and works perfectly but as soon as I restart the computer girder won't start up unless I switch over and hit ok on the error. Considering, I'm running sage without a monitor...... its a huge problem.

Anyone have the right file I can use?
Old 05-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did you get girder from http://www.girder.nl/

The version I have is 3.3.1b.

I would start by making sure you have a more recent version.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Re: focus

Quote:
ok so I got Girder up and running with sage. but the only problem is that when girder starts up it give me an error that irremote.dll isn't the right version for girder 3.2

I tried looking around but none of the irremote.dll files seem to work. If I hit ok on the error its all good and works perfectly but as soon as I restart the computer girder won't start up unless I switch over and hit ok on the error. Considering, I'm running sage without a monitor...... its a huge problem.

Anyone have the right file I can use?

Here is the version I use with 3.3.1b

Also I assume you are placing a copy in your girder directory.

peace . . .
Attached Files
File Type: zip irremote.zip (34.1 KB, 149 views)
Old 05-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

remote

I'm still getting the incorrect version message. I'm using the same version irremote.dll file with girder 3.3.1b and I even tried 3.2. The irremote file is the most upto date one I can find on the net. but it all works fine when its running, just starting up is a problem.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Re: remote

Quote:
I'm still getting the incorrect version message. I'm using the same version irremote.dll file with girder 3.3.1b and I even tried 3.2. The irremote file is the most upto date one I can find on the net. but it all works fine when its running, just starting up is a problem.

I use the version I uploaded and I do not see this error.

I use irremote ver 2.18.21110.0 with Girder 3.3.1b.

peace . . .