SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

I record SD from a Hauppauge HVR-2250 and HD from a HDHomeRun. I use the stock comskip.ini and in my experience it's very accurate. The only exceptions are when the HD recordings get blocky (which happens from time to time for some unknown reason) or when the SD video is full of static.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Red face Autoskip Fails

Often I the system will not autoskip as I have configured, instead it will keep playing in through the marked commercial area.

If I back up the system to just before the skip, stop the recording and then restart, the system will then skip the commercial.

Also, using the UI I cannot sucessfully set a time for the "Restricted Times". If I chose a time and then close, exit or back out, the time selected does not stay.

I am using SageTV 7.19.256 with Commercial Detector 2.09 on Win7 64 bit.

Any thoughts for how to fix this? (Yes I already removed and reinstalled comskip and commercial detector.) Thank you.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Red face Using Phoenix

I saw someone else, who is also using Phoenix, post that they have seen the same issue.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
I saw someone else, who is also using Phoenix, post that they have seen the same issue.
I've never tried it with Phoenix but I have seen others mention the playback issue. A believe that is caused by the comskip playback stvi and not CommercialDetector itself.

As for the problem with setting restricted times, I've never seen that. (I just tried it on my system and it works.)

I am assuming you are using the plugin options menu? (Setup -> SageTV Plugins -> Installed Plugins -> General (from the top selection bar) -> CommercialDetector -> Configure Plugin)

Just for clarity, the most recent versions of the various components are:
  • comskip playback 2.0.9
  • CommercialDetector UI 1.31
  • CommercialDetector General 1.00

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I've never tried it with Phoenix but I have seen others mention the playback issue. A believe that is caused by the comskip playback stvi and not CommercialDetector itself.
In other words, no fix since it is not your fault?

Quote:
As for the problem with setting restricted times, I've never seen that. (I just tried it on my system and it works.)

I am assuming you are using the plugin options menu? (Setup -> SageTV Plugins -> Installed Plugins -> General (from the top selection bar) -> CommercialDetector -> Configure Plugin)
Yes, but I am using SageTV 7.19.256. Everything else in the plugin options menu works without issue except for setting restricted times. BTW I have Sage in it's own directory directly off of C:\ if that changes anything.

If the restricted time changes a hard coded ini or cfg setting, please let me know and I will change it directly in the ini or cfg file.

Thanks!

Last edited by doncote0; 10-31-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In other words, no fix since it is not your fault?

Yes, but I am using SageTV 7.19.256. Everything else in the plugin options menu works without issue except for setting restricted times. BTW I have Sage in it's own directory directly off of C:\ if that changes anything.

If the restricted time changes a hard coded ini or cfg setting, please let me know and I will change it directly in the ini or cfg file.

Thanks!
If you're using this in Phoenix you need to bring up the issues there. They don't use the plugin system the default Sage uses so the plugins that are in Phoenix are implemented by the Phoenix devs. If you go back to the default Sage interface you won't see the issues you've cited.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up Good To Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
If you're using this in Phoenix you need to bring up the issues there. They don't use the plugin system the default Sage uses so the plugins that are in Phoenix are implemented by the Phoenix devs. If you go back to the default Sage interface you won't see the issues you've cited.
Gerry
Ah *Light Bulb!*
I'll try to fix them in the default interface and bounce back to Diamond and then check again.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks!
The restricted times functionality should work, I have no idea why it's not working for you. Set the debug level of the plugin ot Trace and send me a log after you get it to fail.

The values are stored in the .properties file on the server, look for "cd/restricted_times".

Tom

Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Red face Uh...Whoops...

Quote:
The values are stored in the .properties file on the server, look for "cd/restricted_times".
Which .properties file exactly? I checked several including the sage.properties file but no "cd/restricted_times".
Old 11-04-2011, 05:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Which .properties file exactly? I checked several including the sage.properties file but no "cd/restricted_times".
It should be in sage.properties on the server. If it's not there that is a clue for debugging the problem.

Can you turn on debugging in sage, set debug log level in CommercialDetector to Trace, try setting the restricted times in the CommercialDetector config options and then attach the logfile? Something is very wrong if the property is not in the sage.properties file.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Just wanted to say Thanks!!! Plugin is amazing and the family loves how well it works! Between this and CableCARD, our SageTV setup has never been better!!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
Just wanted to say Thanks!!! Plugin is amazing and the family loves how well it works! Between this and CableCARD, our SageTV setup has never been better!!

Old 11-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

This plugin just won't work for me. I have the donors version in it's own folder. I pointed the plugin to that folder. I have run it from the command line and it works fine. Under no circumstances does it ever launch from your plugin. It never appears in the task manager. I installed using the SageTV app on the machine that is the server. The machine is Vista.

I do not know how to change the log level. Please advise.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourd View Post
This plugin just won't work for me. I have the donors version in it's own folder. I pointed the plugin to that folder. I have run it from the command line and it works fine. Under no circumstances does it ever launch from your plugin. It never appears in the task manager. I installed using the SageTV app on the machine that is the server. The machine is Vista.

I do not know how to change the log level. Please advise.
I'm sure it's something simple and we'll get it working.
  1. Enable debug logging in Sage. Go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced. Set "Debug Logging" to On.
  2. Set the loglevel in CommercialDetector. Go to Setup->SageTV Plugins->Installed Plugins. Select "General" from the top tab. Scroll down until you see CommercialDetector. Press enter and select "Configure Plugin". Scroll down until you see "Debug Logging Level" and change it to "Trace".
  3. While you are looking at all of the CommercialDetector options, tell me (post here) what you have them set to
  4. Let sage run until one or two recordings have finished.
  5. Send the logfile. Look in the SageTV/SageTV directory for a file called sagetv_0.txt. ZIP it and attach it to a post.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Tom

Old 11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Red face Name of log file?

Quote:
It should be in sage.properties on the server. If it's not there that is a clue for debugging the problem.

Can you turn on debugging in sage, set debug log level in CommercialDetector to Trace, try setting the restricted times in the CommercialDetector config options and then attach the logfile?
Ummmm...which log file?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ummmm...which log file?
The sage log, sagetv_0.txt. It's in the sage install directory (same place you find sagetv.exe) and the server.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy No file found

A search of my c:\sagetv\sagetv directory on C found no txt files with today's date.

Auto comskip "jump to next program area" is not working, but others have had issues too.

I am running 7.1.9.256 on Win7 (X64).
Old 11-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
A search of my c:\sagetv\sagetv directory on C found no txt files with today's date.

Auto comskip "jump to next program area" is not working, but others have had issues too.

I am running 7.1.9.256 on Win7 (X64).
You must not have Debugging turned on.
Detailed Setup => Advanced => Debug Logging

And if I recall, you need to restart the Sage (Service if in Service Mode) for it to take effect and start producing the sagetv_#.txt (0 being most current) logs
Old 11-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Red face Files

Please see the attached sagetv*.txt file for more information on the problem I am seeing.

This file had more info on the 04:00-04:59, 03:00-03:59 and 05:00-05:59 times that failed to be set as restricted in the UI.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (448.7 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by doncote0; 11-30-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I see some funky things happening in there but it will take me a bit to sort it out. I see you are running a lot of plugins so to help narrow down things I'd suggest eliminating them and see what happens. I can see for sure that the Phoenix Fanart STVi is not installing correctly so please start there. I also think that something is happening with the GKusnick-STVIConfig STVi so remove that one (it may be installed as a dependency by another plugin.)

Tom