SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post
Isn't there a spec in the plugin config where you specify file types???
Yes there is and the defaults don't include MKV and AVI as far as I can remember. So it would have to have been changed to pick up those. Unless you are auto converting the recordings in SageTV as that could be happening first before Commercial Detector picks them up.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Yes there is and the defaults don't include MKV and AVI as far as I can remember. So it would have to have been changed to pick up those. Unless you are auto converting the recordings in SageTV as that could be happening first before Commercial Detector picks them up.
I just reinstalled it yesterday and it was setup that way I did not change any defaults. I know enough not to try and comskip avis etc.... and I am not auto converting any recordings.

This is how it was setup. It could be something that was leftover from a previous Installation as Commercial Detector does not appear to cleanup its properties settings.

cd/video_ext=mpg,mp4,avi,ts,mkv

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-27-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

While we are discussing file types, etc, I noticed Sage will support playing back wtv files but timeline does not show properly (skip ahead does not work, etc).

I have the donator version of Comskip (which supports wtv) and added wtv to the files in the comskip plug in. I run comskip on the wtv files and the directories contain the edl files, but Sage shows the different colors on the timeline bar, but it does not skip. So I think there may be something going on with the way the plugin works.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

I did a fresh Install on my test machine that never had Commercial detector installed. It has all the files as valid. See screenshot attached. If you scan for files not comskipped it will add all the TV files regardless of extension.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cd.jpg (90.1 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-27-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Based on tmiranda's comment:

Quote:
Several times you may want to run comskip manually:
- If you import recordings.
- If you edit the comskip.ini to try to get better results.
it makes sense that scanning for all files not comskipped would include not just the sagetv recording types, but also video that you might import from elsewhere that has commercials.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Sage Icon

Comskip now has multi-thread support:

Quote:
Add
thread_count=2
to your config.ini for the fastest multiple comskip decoding.
When only running one instance of comskip on a multicore CPU you can set
thread_count=4
for even faster processing.
http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/view...php?f=1&t=1130
Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Sage Icon

Is it possible to apply the

Code:
videoframe/disable_timescaling_on_seek=true
to the properties files of the SageTV extenders?
Or is this unnecessary since it is in the SageTV server properties file?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

Does the 'Scan All Recordings' parameter apply only to the 'RecordedTV' directories?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Is it possible to apply the

Code:
videoframe/disable_timescaling_on_seek=true
to the properties files of the SageTV extenders?
Or is this unnecessary since it is in the SageTV server properties file?
There is a configuration option as part of the comskip playback stvi to do this (not a part of CommercialDetector, but installed with it):

Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Comskip Playback Options -> Operation Options -> Disable Timeline Scaling == Yes

Just make this change from each extender, and it will set it in that extender's properties file. (You could, also, just make the change in the properties file on the server. each extender has it's own properties file in the SageTV/Clients folder on the server, named for the extender's MAC address. But the UI change is much easier.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

Right - I looked in the extender client config files first and didnt notice the parameter at all...

I wanted to confirm that adding it manually actually has an effect on the extenders.

I run SageMC on my extenders so I do not have the Comskip Playback Plugin configured for the extenders (SageMC and Phoenix have the feature built-in...) so it should be unnecessary.

By adding the entry manually I should get a more accurate commercial timeline for the extenders correct? (using either comskip or SAV)
Old 09-27-2013, 11:11 PM
SageTVaholic

yes, it should. It is not in the .properties file by default, but adding it (with the service shut down) will enable the feature (technically, disable the scaling feature)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-30-2013, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Does the 'Scan All Recordings' parameter apply only to the 'RecordedTV' directories?
No, it will look for every MediaFile that is video. I think the questions was answered but there is a setting in there to tell CommercialDetector what type of files to process.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Got it. Would be nice if you ever get a chance to have an option just to look in the RecordedTV directories....

Typically anything else would not have commercials...
Old 01-27-2014, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

How do you prevent commercials from being detected on MKV files .... When I transcode to MKV and delete the original files it will run Comskip on the mkv even though the edl exists.... and exactly where is that setting to tell it only to run on mpg? The only option I see is cleanup of files.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-27-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Remove mkv from the file types in the plugin config.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Remove mkv from the file types in the plugin config.
The problem with that is wouldn't it delete EDL files when it does it cleanup for the mpg files?

I will do some testing see what happens.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-27-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

It is going to "clean up" when you delete the video file. Why are you comskipping and then converting? Why not convert and then comskip?

Are you talking imports or recordings?
Old 01-27-2014, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It is going to "clean up" when you delete the video file. Why are you comskipping and then converting? Why not convert and then comskip?

Are you talking imports or recordings?
I do live Comskipping and autoconvert some Favorites. I am testing now it appears to be working with just the mpg. After conversion even though the MPG is deleted it is not deleting the EDL so your suggestion appears to work.

PS I was not converting then Comskipping because I did not use the Donator version and that would not do MKV...

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-27-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Why would the commercial detector be violating the set restricted times? I have the restricted times set from 07:00 till 23:59. It is currently running detection on two recordings. I've checked Process Explorer and it says that they were started at 08:04 and 08:40. It does have 7 recordings in the queue but shouldn't it wait to start those until the restriction is lifted at midnight?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Why would the commercial detector be violating the set restricted times? I have the restricted times set from 07:00 till 23:59. It is currently running detection on two recordings. I've checked Process Explorer and it says that they were started at 08:04 and 08:40. It does have 7 recordings in the queue but shouldn't it wait to start those until the restriction is lifted at midnight?
Sounds like a bug. Can you turn on debug logging in Sage, set the debug level in the plugin to "trace", reproduce the problem and then upload the logfile? I will take a look to see what's going on.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.