SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok - uninstalled and reinstalled all 3 plugins (commercial detector, comskip playback, comskip ui).

restarted everything and here is my log. AFter restart -- i started/stopped a recording, and then manually ran comskip on it. I'm attaching the log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0 (3).zip (217.7 KB, 118 views)
Old 08-28-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Random thought -- since the plug-in actually works when manually run - and the problem I seem to be hitting is that the startup isn't actually called -- would it be easy/feasible to just add an option to the 'configuration' screen to make it re-run the 'startup' routine? Could prevent multiple initializations with just some quick/easy check at top of startup

Code:
if ( _initialized ) 
   return;
_initialized = true;
Probably a 'dirtier' fix than addressing why it actually isn't starting - but if you were strapped for time just thought maybe it would be easier than attempting to help me debut :-).
Old 08-28-2015, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moothekow View Post
Random thought -- since the plug-in actually works when manually run - and the problem I seem to be hitting is that the startup isn't actually called -- would it be easy/feasible to just add an option to the 'configuration' screen to make it re-run the 'startup' routine? Could prevent multiple initializations with just some quick/easy check at top of startup

Code:
if ( _initialized ) 
   return;
_initialized = true;
Probably a 'dirtier' fix than addressing why it actually isn't starting - but if you were strapped for time just thought maybe it would be easier than attempting to help me debut :-).
Too dirty. I am thinking it's something with your setup and am hoping the logfile you sent will help me determine what, I will look at it over the weekend.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Too dirty. I am thinking it's something with your setup and am hoping the logfile you sent will help me determine what, I will look at it over the weekend.
Ok - figured as much. And yeah I'm sure it's something with my setup too - just no clue what offhand. I don't think I have too much craziness going on -- but probably at least one dumb thing I've accidentally done somewhere over the years hosing things up.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

I've had a similar problem where they don't always start till after they are done recording even though I have it set to start immediately. Just as an example, I have mine set to do 5 shows at once. At times it will be recording 3 shows but only two will have comskip working on them.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I've had a similar problem where they don't always start till after they are done recording even though I have it set to start immediately. Just as an example, I have mine set to do 5 shows at once. At times it will be recording 3 shows but only two will have comskip working on them.
Mine don't start automatically at any point. The _only_ way it runs comskip for me is if I manually run it. I'd be ecstatic if I could get it to start after a recording is done :-).
Old 08-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had a similar problem last week after starting SageTV back up after a few months of using other software. I had changed the recording folder and CommercialDetector seemed to be set up correctly but it wouldn't run against new recordings.
Rebooted, uninstalled all commercial detector plugins, re-started SageTV, re-installed and still same problem. The curious part was that all my configuration options for commercial detector were retained even after the un-install. (Much later found them in Sage.properties)

It finally started working after I did one more uninstall and re-install, but before re-installing I removed all comskip folders including the SageTV\CommercialDetector and the file CommercialDetector.DB. Not sure if that was a real fix or just coincidence. If you try this, make backups of all your files first.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mine don't start automatically at any point. The _only_ way it runs comskip for me is if I manually run it. I'd be ecstatic if I could get it to start after a recording is done :-).
I took a look at the log you sent me and don't really see anything unusual except that the CommercialDetector plugin never starts. The core loads it and says it's going to start it ..... then nothing happens. I don't know why.

Here's what I would recommend.

First, uninstall the jetty plugin. You are running Java 8 and it is known that jetty will not work with Java 8. I don't think this is the root cause but it can't hurt.

Next, I would uninstall ALL of the plugins and switch back to the default STV. Make sure you really uninstall everything including all dependencies.

Then install the CommercialDetector UI Mod (not the General, that will get installed automatically for you) and see if things work as expected. Make sure you set the debug log level in CommercialDetector to "Trace". If it does work then add in the plugins one at a time until it breaks. If it doesn't work with a totally "stock" setup then we will try something else.

Let me know how you make out.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I took a look at the log you sent me and don't really see anything unusual except that the CommercialDetector plugin never starts. The core loads it and says it's going to start it ..... then nothing happens. I don't know why.

Here's what I would recommend.

First, uninstall the jetty plugin. You are running Java 8 and it is known that jetty will not work with Java 8. I don't think this is the root cause but it can't hurt.

Next, I would uninstall ALL of the plugins and switch back to the default STV. Make sure you really uninstall everything including all dependencies.

Then install the CommercialDetector UI Mod (not the General, that will get installed automatically for you) and see if things work as expected. Make sure you set the debug log level in CommercialDetector to "Trace". If it does work then add in the plugins one at a time until it breaks. If it doesn't work with a totally "stock" setup then we will try something else.

Let me know how you make out.

Tom
Ugh.. no soup. Uninstalled literally every plugin and library item - then installed Commercial Detector UI -- and still doesn't seem to start up - here is my log.

I'm considering completely blowing away my sage installation and starting from scratch. Would really to hate to lose all my watched states from my wiz.bin. Anyone know if there are any utils out there for exporting/importing this type of information?
Don't think it's only comskip that isn't working right for me -- I can't get things like automatic metadata retrieval to work either.

Have something focky go
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (62.1 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by moothekow; 08-30-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ugh.. no soup. Uninstalled literally every plugin and library item - then installed Commercial Detector UI -- and still doesn't seem to start up - here is my log.

I'm considering completely blowing away my sage installation and starting from scratch. Would really to hate to lose all my watched states from my wiz.bin. Anyone know if there are any utils out there for exporting/importing this type of information?
Don't think it's only comskip that isn't working right for me -- I can't get things like automatic metadata retrieval to work either.

Have something focky go
Save the wiz.bin. After your new install is setup then copy it back. That way you will keep the watched history and favorites.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Save the wiz.bin. After your new install is setup then copy it back. That way you will keep the watched history and favorites.
Quick question - you mentioned my version of java being incompatible with Jetty. Which version of Java is best for running SageTV?
Old 08-31-2015, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

the last Java 7 is the most universally compatible with a SageTV system. I think it's 7u80 maybe?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-02-2015, 06:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Link to the Java 7 downloads.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880261.html
OpenDCT 0.5.32 (64 bit)
Clients: HD300 (x2)
HDHR3-CC Prime 20220822 (Comcast CableCard) - 3 Tuners
HDFX-4K Flex 20220822 (OTA) - 4 Tuners
Old 09-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok - so this is a pain in the rear.

I uninstalled SageTV.
I uninstalled java.

I installed java 7u80.
I installed SageTV (into a new folder, c:\SageTV instead of in Program Files(x86)).
I copied my old wiz.bin file into my new c:\SageTV folder.

I logged into SAgeTV , set things up, set up my tuners. Installed comskip.

Tried recording (After configuring it to start running on LiveTV) - no soup.

I'm at a loss now. Could something in my wiz.bin be hosing things up?

Will get a fresh log to post shortly here. Also - something all wonky now in my setup and I'm not sure why. Watching in Process Explorer - it keeps loading/killing 'SageTVTranscoder.exe' and my performance is absolutely wreched -- everything in the program keeps hanging. Anyone with any clues what that might be about? It seems to be happening while trying to record a show that is recording from a SageDCT tuner (which was working perfectly fine and dandy before i reinstalled things).

UPDATE: The sage tuning thing apparently is because I was trying to tune a channel I don't get or something... other channels work ok.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (88.3 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by moothekow; 09-02-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok - so this is a pain in the rear.

I uninstalled SageTV.
I uninstalled java.

I installed java 7u80.
I installed SageTV (into a new folder, c:\SageTV instead of in Program Files(x86)).
I copied my old wiz.bin file into my new c:\SageTV folder.

I logged into SAgeTV , set things up, set up my tuners. Installed comskip.

Tried recording (After configuring it to start running on LiveTV) - no soup.

I'm at a loss now. Could something in my wiz.bin be hosing things up?

Will get a fresh log to post shortly here. Also - something all wonky now in my setup and I'm not sure why. Watching in Process Explorer - it keeps loading/killing 'SageTVTranscoder.exe' and my performance is absolutely wreched -- everything in the program keeps hanging. Anyone with any clues what that might be about? It seems to be happening while trying to record a show that is recording from a SageDCT tuner (which was working perfectly fine and dandy before i reinstalled things).

UPDATE: The sage tuning thing apparently is because I was trying to tune a channel I don't get or something... other channels work ok.
Sorry about the struggles. Post a log starting from Sage startup and I'll have a look.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sorry about the struggles. Post a log starting from Sage startup and I'll have a look.
No worries - I suspect your plug-in isn't the problem - it's something else I have going on. Please don't spend more than a few minutes looking at my log as I'm not entirely sure it's worth your time. Worst case is I can wait a while until things stabilize with SageTV 9 and give that a whirl and see if it helps anything :-).

Also - not sure if you saw - but I attached the log to my earlier post. Looks very similar to my previous log in that there are no errors/exceptions, it says it is detecting the comskip plugin -- but i'm not seeing any startup logs like last time. Bizzaro.

Also - it has other plugins loaded now -- but I tried testing comskip before any other plugins got installed (with no luck). Have only installed the other plugins as I've been trying to restore SageTV to it's previous state of usability before my wife and kids got home :-)

Last edited by moothekow; 09-02-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

In the meantime, you can try falling back to ComskipMonitor
Old 09-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
In the meantime, you can try falling back to ComskipMonitor
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give it a whirl!
Old 09-02-2015, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Also, on a new install, I always get everything set up and working BEFORE dropping in the wiz.bin. Make sure all sources, plugins, etc are working fine, then put the old wiz.bin in there.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-03-2015, 01:48 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Looking good Tom the Categories work great... haven't had a chance to setup my channels yet.
well i have some iso files (e.g. LOST) and have this marked as tv recordings so that i see this not in movies. it is well work, i see the dvd's in recordings and i give them a own categorie called "DVD-Lost".

Then i type in the com sttings in do not run.. this categorie. but when i click pn scan all records.. comskip will start work on this isos on my video folder what is not the recordings folder. whats wrong?
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de