SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

is there anywhere i can look to Comskip .avi (divx) files?
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry Tom, I meant the fix of running this plugin as a non-root user.

B

PS - I won't try SA as I don't run the server with a monitor or X.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
is there anywhere i can look to Comskip .avi (divx) files?
Not that I know of, but to be honest I haven't looked into it much.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Sorry Tom, I meant the fix of running this plugin as a non-root user.
That was fixed in 0.40.

Also, ShowAnalyzerEngine is command line only, no X needed.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm wondering if I didn't set something up right. Comskip doesn't seem to want to run automatically for me. It will run using the command, but I think I had comskip setup (prior to this plugin) to check every 10 min for new files to process. I had 18 files today that weren't processed. I went into the config screen and queued them up and they eventually got processed but.....
Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 AM

Manual edits

Is there a way to add a menu option to adjust the .edl file while watching a show? In other words, I might want to shift the start or end of a commercial break by a few seconds. An option to start a break (moving the closest "start") or stop one (similar idea) would be nice for those shows I watch more than once...

Thx,
jpw
Old 08-20-2010, 04:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Tom -

I hadn't realized you fixed the non-root user. One further comment. My user 'sagetv' which runs this also doesn't use a standard home directory location. When I went to change it, I couldn't browse to this as the .wine directory is hidden. Is there any way to show hidden files and directories in the file browser? I was able to type in the path though. Other than that - let the testing commence!

B

PS - Not that it matters to me (I use donator's version) but did you upgrade the core comskip files to the latest version?
Old 08-20-2010, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
I'm wondering if I didn't set something up right. Comskip doesn't seem to want to run automatically for me. It will run using the command, but I think I had comskip setup (prior to this plugin) to check every 10 min for new files to process. I had 18 files today that weren't processed. I went into the config screen and queued them up and they eventually got processed but.....
The plugin will only process NEW recordings. Many of the other solutions (DirMon2, Comskip Monitor, etc.) run in the backround, wake up every once in a while, and then run comskip against any new recordings. This plugin does not work that way.

This plugin will process recordings when they start or when they end (depending on how you've configured it.) Make sense?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoycheese View Post
Is there a way to add a menu option to adjust the .edl file while watching a show? In other words, I might want to shift the start or end of a commercial break by a few seconds. An option to start a break (moving the closest "start") or stop one (similar idea) would be nice for those shows I watch more than once...
It's possible, but not something I've thought much about. I wonder how many people would actually use this feature?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Tom -

I hadn't realized you fixed the non-root user. One further comment. My user 'sagetv' which runs this also doesn't use a standard home directory location. When I went to change it, I couldn't browse to this as the .wine directory is hidden. Is there any way to show hidden files and directories in the file browser? I was able to type in the path though. Other than that - let the testing commence!

B

PS - Not that it matters to me (I use donator's version) but did you upgrade the core comskip files to the latest version?
B - Sage will not display hidden directories in Linux or Windows. Filing a feature request with Sage has been on my "to do" list.

I didn't want to have too many moving parts so I did not update comskip to the latest. I'm actually considering breaking out the comskip files into a separate library plugin so I can provide upgrades independent of the UI and General plugin. I probably should have done it that way from the start...

Tom

Old 08-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
The plugin will only process NEW recordings. Many of the other solutions (DirMon2, Comskip Monitor, etc.) run in the backround, wake up every once in a while, and then run comskip against any new recordings. This plugin does not work that way.

This plugin will process recordings when they start or when they end (depending on how you've configured it.) Make sense?
Maybe I don't understand. They were all new recordings.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I did not realize you meant they were new. If the plugin did not run on new recordings there is something wrong.

Turn on debug logging on your server, set the log level of the plugin to Trace, and post a log after a recordings completes.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 08-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Sage User

One question - where do I change "The Basic Configuration Options"? I would like to run this against current recordings with no comskip files yet, which the wiki says I can - I just need to change the basic configuration option to do it. Of course that doesn't seem to be in the user interface under "Setup->Detailed Setup->Customize and look for "Comskip Playback Options" at the end of the list".

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Go to the plugin manager (Setup -> SageTV Plugins -> Installed Plugins). Once there look for "General" on the top row. Select Commercial Detector then a menu will pop up and one of the options is Configure.

One of the configuration options available is to scan for recordings with no comskip data and queue them up. If you have a lot of recordings with no comskip info it will take a while. My server (see sig) takes about 15 minutes for an hour long show.

I guess I really need to put all the config options in one place. I thought editing the Comskip Playback options would be more confusing

Old 08-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Sage User

Thanks! Just didn't know where to look. I don't think you need to change anything - just add that piece of info to your wiki for those of us unfamiliar...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 AM

Comskip playback is not autoskipping during playback

I have the commercial detector plugin installed and working, but the comskip playback is not autoskipping during playback. I do have the setting in the playback config page set to auto skip. Using a pair of HD100s. I can skip the commercials manually during playback. Not sure if I'm posting in the wrong place, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Can you try to see if it works without the Commercial Detector UI installed? (Leave the Commercial Detector "General" plugin installed but uninstall the Commercial Detector "UI Mod" plugin.) This will tell me if something is broken with the Comskip Playback plugin or if the Commercial Detector UI plugin broke something.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

i had the same issue. auto comskip was enabled on the detailed setup/comskip menu interface options (not plugin configuration) but never skipped. I went ahead and disabled it on the detailed setup/comskip options list and then just enable it individually on recordings..then it works..inconvenient but it works...i will try uninstalling the UI mod.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

tmiranda,

Could you refresh the comskip icon in the recording list when comskip begins processing a recording, and do another refresh when comskip has finished processing that recording?

Also, could you refresh the comskip icon in the header when comskip begins processing the first recording, and do another refresh after the last recording has been processed?

Last edited by 49studebaker; 08-23-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 AM
SageTVaholic

The header icon should update automatically. There may be a delay, but it should update. It's not on your system? I can easily change it to refresh more frequently.

The icon in the recordings list will only update if you change focus. I will look into having it change even if there are no focus changes. (I assume that's what you are talking about?)

Tom