SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Sage User

Still trouble starting movies from SMM

Hi all,

I checked the wiki, the walkthrough, and (I hope) the relevant threads here in the forum, but I still have trouble starting movies from SMM.

I have a WHS which is called HAC on the network, it has a share VideoR5 for movies. In VideoR5 there are four subdirs with categories of movies. In each of these are movies, in a subdirectory each.

I know that the paths should match and are case sensitive. My paths in the SageTV setup are \\HAC\VideoR5\Kids etc. When I select a directory to be monitored by MyMovies (within the WHS console, "My movies monitor" under "settings"), I get a popup window called "Browse for Folder". I cannot type in the name manually. I select from my network list the computer "hac". It is lower case in this list, but HAC is upper case in the shares list of "My Network Places" on the server . I then pick subdir VideoR5\Kids.

I made a folders.properties in D:\My Movies\FileStorage\SageTV\Properties:
Kids=Kids\ Movies
Value=Favorites
Watched=Watched\ Movies\ NoBackup
Unwatched=New\ Movies

No cigar. Any ideas? Is there a place where I can just type in the folder?

Thanks,
Mark
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

yeah they must match and are case sensitive. You could change the import directories in sagetv(keep in mind you will lose all watched status and such doing it that way). There is way to manual type in the monitored folders in WHS

you folders.properties needs to be Folders.properties and it needs to be a properties file not a text file.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Sage User

Thanks, I will double check the Folders vs folders thing.
About the case of the system name (HAC). I could change it to hac in the sage.properties file without problems, right? Just to make sure that MyMovies isn't looking for lower case names?

EDIT: Just checked, I had Folders.properties, so that was not the problem... Kinda weird, I thought it should work now. Do I need to restart sage, mymovies or the entire WHS system perhaps?
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.

Last edited by radiopaque; 08-07-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Actually I think you need to remove the old directory and add the new one in sagetv setup.

As for the properties are thoseyour folder names after the = some of those look like multiple directories are they?
Old 08-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Sage User

Ahem, methinks that my folders.prop file has the entries the wrong way around. I spent some time re-reading the WIKI, and the way I see it now is that the (human, readable) name should come first, then the =, then the folder name on the harddisk. Mine is the other way around!

Plucky, I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence there. Anyway let me first try the different Folders.properties file, see if that helps.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was just reading the Wiki and it says you can manually add backdrops for movies if you know the movies GUID. I checked that file, and where the GUID is supposed to be, it says 'null'. Why doesn't the GUID show up?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysathre View Post
I was just reading the Wiki and it says you can manually add backdrops for movies if you know the movies GUID. I checked that file, and where the GUID is supposed to be, it says 'null'. Why doesn't the GUID show up?
Because you don't have points or because one doesn't exist for that movie. You can use the folder method as scaling should work with that method after the next release.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

It seems like there have been a lot of SMM questions posted in their own thread. Is there any chance the mods could merge them all into the SMM thread? If this is already happening, I apologize, but lately it seems to be going on quite a bit for this particular plugin.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 08-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

I actually think we need either a subforum for SMM>
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 08-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
I actually think we need either a subforum for SMM>
2nd-ed only because of its awesomeness and potential, not because its buggy. I installed in my typical click first read later fashion and everything works great, thanks Plucky!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
It seems like there have been a lot of SMM questions posted in their own thread. Is there any chance the mods could merge them all into the SMM thread? If this is already happening, I apologize, but lately it seems to be going on quite a bit for this particular plugin.
How would merging them all into the same thread be helpful for anyone looking for a solution to something that has already been answered? Someone looking for an answer to a specific question is going to have a heck of a time finding it in threads that are tens of pages long.

A new subforum would be useful though.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

A subforum would be good.

However, almost every single question is answered in the wiki or has been added to the wiki.

The wiki and the first post are where people should be looking for answers before searching through the forum posts.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry, I thought I was in the main SMM thread when I asked that question that wasn't even related to this thread. Didn't mean to hijack it. I second that SMM should have it's own subforum.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
How would merging them all into the same thread be helpful for anyone looking for a solution to something that has already been answered? Someone looking for an answer to a specific question is going to have a heck of a time finding it in threads that are tens of pages long.

A new subforum would be useful though.
If I utilize the "search this thread" feature in the SMM thread, I can search for "SQL error" and get results far more specific to SMM than if I search the entire SageTV forums for "SQL error mymovies".
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Sage User

Unhappy

Soooo... Trying to get this back on topic.

Is there a way to see which file SMM is trying to open, perhaps a log file somewhere? I really though I am setup the way I should, but no joy yet
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

If you are running the Collector on WHS you should have the My Movie Monitor running. In the WHS console tab click on that tab and you should see a whole list of all the movies it finds and the path to the movies. From a My Movies Collector client if you go to a movie and click on the Disk icon you should also see the path where it thinks the movie is (or it indicates it is offline.) Once you straighten that out the movies should just play. Obviously you have one or the other incorrect. Most everyone has their movies playing. Go through the WHS console where all the setup is for each part of My Movies and verify everything.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiopaque View Post
Soooo... Trying to get this back on topic.

Is there a way to see which file SMM is trying to open, perhaps a log file somewhere? I really though I am setup the way I should, but no joy yet
Not in the current build. But in the next build there will be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NoSagePathFound.JPG (163.8 KB, 265 views)
Old 08-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Sage User

I think I may have found something. The collection management application could at first not connect to HAC. Turns out, that I needed to enter a username and password when opening one of HAC's shares.
Now the HD200 does not require a password or anything like that when using the vanilla SageTV movielist. Is it possible that SageMM needs access to those shares, just like a windows clients such as CollectionManagement? If so, I'll have to figure out how to make my shares publicly accessible _without_ a password on WHS! (Or get the HD200 to use username/password somehow )
Old 08-13-2010, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiopaque View Post
I think I may have found something. The collection management application could at first not connect to HAC. Turns out, that I needed to enter a username and password when opening one of HAC's shares.
Now the HD200 does not require a password or anything like that when using the vanilla SageTV movielist. Is it possible that SageMM needs access to those shares, just like a windows clients such as CollectionManagement? If so, I'll have to figure out how to make my shares publicly accessible _without_ a password on WHS! (Or get the HD200 to use username/password somehow )
It has to be the collection manager that needs access. If sage plays the file fine in normal sage videos menu it is called the same way in my code. So if you are having issues it has to be the collection manager that is needing access. Although installed as WHS on a WHS it should have acccess.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

All my links worked. Then I turned on service mode. Everything broke. Service mode by default runs as "localuser". Switching in the service console to the user I have synced with my WHS (./Jeff) fixed it.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders

Tags
directories, mymovies, starting