SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Will multiple channels on 1 channel work?! (digibox exists on 1 channel for me)

Well I finally got the XMLTV plugin working... now sageTV starts to work properly.... and its great so far... I've done the reg hack to enable more hardware decoding and thats seems to have helped a lot..

Anyways the problem now is that I have a satellite (sky digital) box connected in the RF loop.. so i have one channel that is the sky box that can be 300 channels... tho its dependant on you setting the channel on the box... I know showshifter has some form of support for this.. allowing you to use an IR transmitter to change channels on it... the box is not under my control or in the same room at the moment... what i want to do is record a few select channels occasionally... like this

<standard terrestial channels>

1: BBC 1
2: BBC 2
3: ITV
4: Channel 4
5: Channel 5

<digital channels>
6: Sky One
6: E4
6: MTV

They all need to be the same channel.. will this work!?? I assume it will.. the only thing i worry about is the intelligent recording (will this work with the XMLTV plugin?) thinking i want to record stuff off sky one, or E4.. the thing is the sky box in question could be on any channel at that point... at worst i guess I'll get a bunch of recordings that think there something else!?!?
Old 05-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Sage User

I've asked a similar thing here

(still don't know the answer yet, but maybe soon :-) )
Old 05-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

well... I've added sky one, e4, bbc 3 to my XMLTV config.. they've added in fine.. I've remapped all of these to the same channel that is the sky box.. it all works fine...

I've just discovered that Sky now have series link on the digi boxes, so i've added these to correspond to some favourite programs... hopefully then it'll all line up and work.... we'll see.. the trouble with this stuff is its becoming so good i wonder how i'll ever use my PC for other stuff