SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Smile HD200 Caching - Google Code #38 Discussion

My 3 HD200 extenders freeze for about 60+ seconds every time I hit page-down in the wall view to load another page of covers. I'm pretty sure this is not the expected result and has everything to do with caching, since I can see the network light on the extenders go crazy right when I hit the page down button. It also takes a long time just for a single line of covers when just scrolling. I've tried rescaling and recaching from the mymovies menu - but nothing helps. I've stayed away from the rebuild database option.

How does caching work with the HD200 extender and MyMovies? The wiki has information about "clientcache" but im not 100% sure this is for the extender or not.

My extenders all show using "cache\sageMyMovies\Desktop" for their cache locations. I've seen the bug here: http://code.google.com/p/sagemediama...s/detail?id=38 but it links to an old thread now that was just a hot mess of information - so I decided to start a thread here for just this particular issue.

My Coverart all shows up, posters showup, and backgrounds show up. Just loading time is broke when scrolling / page scrolling / loading art.

Any ideas, comments, etc, are welcome! Thanks PluckyHD for the great plugin - I've already been able to cleanup my entire video collection and have all the artwork / covers for everything.. All the extenders are connected to a managed gigabit switch and HD Blu-ray disks/mkv's play without issue - so the network is not the issue.

Thanks!

-D2G
Old 08-27-2010, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Damnit I thought that issue was just for one person and I haven't coded yet to try and reproduce/fix it. That is definately the problem and would make it much slower.

Are your extenders connected to the mymovies server installation pc or the mymovies client installation pc?
Old 08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yah - its slow

Here is my setup and how I got to it:

I have a dedicated server for SageTV and all storage.
- Quad core, 8gb ram, 5.5 terabytes of storage across 12 disk raid.
- managed gigabit switch connecting extenders to server
- server has both the MyMovies client and server installed from the content management download.
- Server is running windows 7 64bit ultimate.
- I first installed the client/server onto the server, setup sage, everything including the extenders work w/ sage.
- the other day I installed just the mymovies content management client onto my win7 64bit workstation - so I could also work on updating my collection there.
- the mymovies content management software client works on both the client and server and keeps in sync, etc.
- The mymovies plugin in sage pulls all artwork, posters, backgrounds, covers, etc correctly and displays them..

Off the top here are the directories I see on the server that look associated with the mymovies, etc cache: (C: Drive is my OS drive, and S: is my storage raid)

Under C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\cache\SageMyMovies\

There is only Desktop - which then contains Backdrops, Covers, Posters - which all contain jpg image data.

Under S:\My Movies\FileStorage\SageTV

There is DataFiles, Desktop, Extender, and Properties - The Extender directory contains the Backdrops, Covers, and Posters - which also all contain what looks like up to date jpg image data.

Under Properties in this folder I do see my extender property files listed.. I have not manually edited anything and have only used the interface in sage to configure and test the mymovies plugin.

Let me know if you need anymore data, and where to go from here!

Thanks!

- D2G
Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Also - I looked in the property files and they all have this same ClientCacheLocation

Code:
CheckBackground=1b703f31-5111-4d8b-a85b-951f28a43a0a
ClientCacheLocation=cache\\SageMyMovies\\Desktop\\
ClientCacheOn=true
ClientCachedLast=1282934419610
- D2G
Old 08-27-2010, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
server has both the MyMovies client and server installed from the content management download.
Why would you install the server and client version on your server? the server version is all you need.

What you are seeing may be related to that as if the extenders connect to the mymovies server instance it should be local.

It may also be a mymovies issue (not me) that I have seen before.

I know a fix if you are willing to edit your registry shoot me an PM and we can try it.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Sage Icon

I'm also willing to try the fix. PM sent.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

For the /filestorage/sagetv/properties, I have
Quote:
ClientCacheLocation=cache\\SageMyMovies\\Desktop\\
in the extender properties file. Is this correct?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:33 AM
SageTVaholic

No that is wrong...what does information say in smm options.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

After I did the regedit now it reads:

Fanart local to Current Instance
Fanart location c:\programdata\mymovies\filestorage

Old 08-29-2010, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
After I did the regedit now it reads:

Fanart local to Current Instance
Fanart location c:\programdata\mymovies\filestorage
Then that is correct. The old property was created when it was wrong but is no longer being used if that is what information reads.