SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Sage User

Installing Client Plugin on Server

This is probably a stupid question, but I have two Sage Servers on my network, one of which is the server for MyMovies and one of which is not. I would like to install the client plugin for SMM on my second Sage Server, if that is possible (or is there a way to configure the server plugin to act as a client and look to the other Sage server as the server for SMM). Any assistance is much appreciated.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

You can install as a server on both servers as long ad the mymovies client is installed on the other server. There will be no interaction though between servers just like there isn't with sagetv. Really confused why one would need 2 servers running but none the less the collection manager will keep the movies the same your settings will just be independent.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Sage User

Hmmm... Maybe I'm being really stupid then. The reason that I have Sage server installed on the second machine is that, at the location of the first save server machine (long story), I do not have a cable connection, and thus I want to record using my HD-PVR at the second server machine. When I have tried to install the client only version at the second location, it appears not to see the HD-PVR. Should I be able to add the HD-PVR as a record source to the client, when it is cabled directly to the client and not the server? If so, I can probably switch the second box back to the client config. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Not that I am aware of..I think dvb link may have a way to use hdpvr as a network tuner but I have no experience. Ideally you would want the server installed where your tuners are...

Like stated smm will still work as a server install on both but will not share settings.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Since you already have two sagetv server licenses (I'm guessing), you can run one as a network encoder with your HD-PVR's. there's an appendix in the sagetv manual that discusses this. ideally though, it would be better to locate all your sources and a single server, together

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room