SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

TV Recordings in Import Directories are: Imports/Recordings Setting

First, sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

Can someone explain how the "TV Recordings in Import Directories are: Imports/Recordings" setting is supposed to work in the Advanced Video Browser Options dialogue box?

I have several movies recorded that I have moved from my Recording directories to my imported Movie Library directories that continue to show as recordings in the TV Recordings menu. This setting seems to make no difference.

I'm probably just missing something obvious so any help would be appreciated.

I do recall that there has been some discussion about how to reclassify a recording to a movie by changing the metadata using BMT so I guess I could try that if all else fails.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (156.9 KB, 277 views)

Last edited by jorton; 09-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

Good morning,

The following items were included in the 7.0.13 release notes,

Core Update

12. Added property "enable_converting_imported_videos_to_tv_recordings" which defaults to true. If set to false, then video files imported that have TV metadata will NOT be automatically tagged as 'TV Recordings' and will show up in the 'Imported Videos' section instead of the 'TV Recordings' section.

STV Update

9. Advanced Video Browser Options: added option to control whether TV recordings found in import directories are considered to be recordings or imported videos.

Has anyone successfully used the above settings and what process did you follow to "move" a recorded movie file from Recordings to Videos? (if it's possible)

I am temporarily using filtering to hide them after setting them to Archieved.

I also tried removing the "recording" flag in BMT but the setting does not stick when you save. (this was with and without the Preserve Original Metadata for Recordings box ticked in Phoenix settings).

Thanks for any help/suggestions,

Jeremy
Old 09-04-2010, 09:50 AM
SageTVaholic

I think this setting is only taken into consideration when the item is imported. If it is already there, in the recordings, changing this won't move it back to videos. You'd have to remove teh files, rescan with sage so it can see them gone and remove them from the database, set this setting to Imports, move the files back, and rescan.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Fuzzy,

Thanks for the info.

I tried the reimport/rescan thing earlier this morning and it still put them all into recordings after setting the property in the properties file.

I was poking around in BMT and found the batch processing "Move to Video Library (for Recordings)" option and it did exactly what was needed. All movies are now only showing in the Video's listing.

I think you were correct that the files had already been imported and flagged as recordings so using BMT I was able to reset them and get them cleared out of recordings.

I would still be nice to have some details on using the above settings (how and when to use etc...) but I guess that will be in the V7 manual when it is updated after beta.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

*** I guess I spoke to soon, I just moved a considerably large portion of my recordings to Videos as well.... I guess I'll be sorting that out today ;0) ***

Last edited by jorton; 09-04-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

That setting doesn't really require much documentation, it was actually a way to disable a new feature brought in with Sage7 (the ability to reimport previously recorded content, using the metadata now stored in the files). Setting it to Imports disables this new feature (well, the recordings part, it will still pull in the stored metadata, but will treat it like a recording).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room