SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you using sage as a service on your server or are you just launching it as an app?

Please send me you logfiles so I can see why the UI on your server is failing. Thanks!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm running the service. I sent you a link to the log files.

It seems to work only from a remote client but not the local client at the server.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingisson View Post
I'm running the service. I sent you a link to the log files.

It seems to work only from a remote client but not the local client at the server.
Here is something for you to try. I can't easily replicate your environment so it may or may not work.

Stop the Sage server.
Go to the Sage install directory and copy PodcastRecorderFavoritePodcasts.DB and PodcastRecorderFavoritePodcasts.bak to something else.
Go to the JARs directory and rename PodcastRecorder.jar to something else.
Put the attached .jar file in the JARs directory.

The new .jar will most likely reset the database and you will lose all of your current Favorites, sorry.

If it doesn't work (or you want to get your Favorites back) just stop sage and restore the original .jar, .DB and .bak files.

Let me know how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PodcastRecorder.zip (86.1 KB, 113 views)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't mind loosing the settings, they are easy.
Pretty much the same, works only from the client. The only real difference I see is that the manual recording I set from the server doesn't show up at the client either but a recording done from the client still works.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingisson View Post
I don't mind loosing the settings, they are easy.
Pretty much the same, works only from the client. The only real difference I see is that the manual recording I set from the server doesn't show up at the client either but a recording done from the client still works.
Back to the drawing board.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.70

Update available. Highlights:

- Add ability to mark episodes as recorded even if they have not been. This is useful to "catch up" and only record new episodes rather than having to record all previous episodes.
- Add Database Browser function to aid in debugging user problems.
- More fixes for Channels.com. (Still not 100% reliable.) Fixes may have the side effect of allowing individual PlayOn items to be recorded but this needs further investigation.
- Fix bug that prevented Channels.com items from being downloaded if the menu had been reloaded.
- If the user has specified a download directory it will be monitored for old files.
- Fix NullPointerException caused when looking at some ChannelsDotCom items.
- Fix bug that caused all Favorite information to be lost when upgrading. (Upgrading to version 1.70 will result in all Favorite information being lost, but this should be the last time that happens.)
- Removed redundant database update to improve performance.

This does not fix vikingisson's issue.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature request: Scheduler. It would be nice to have a schedule of when to record the podcasts. This will help save bandwidth during times when other users are using the internet and only download when everyone is asleep.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
Feature request: Scheduler. It would be nice to have a schedule of when to record the podcasts. This will help save bandwidth during times when other users are using the internet and only download when everyone is asleep.
I've been wanting to do this for some time so it will be the next thing I add.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Another feature request. Option at time of setting up the recording, should podcast be imported as recording or as a movie. Depending on what I'm recording, I would prefer the video to be under Videos versus my recordings.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Sage User

Hi, I would like to verify if this is a bug on the plugin.

When you are browsing for a podcast to record and select it, a recording information box pops out and if you go to "Base Directory" you are unable to change it. I made a screenshot of this. Thanks..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg podcast_bug.jpg (79.0 KB, 132 views)
Old 05-04-2011, 05:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorspells View Post
Hi, I would like to verify if this is a bug on the plugin.

When you are browsing for a podcast to record and select it, a recording information box pops out and if you go to "Base Directory" you are unable to change it. I made a screenshot of this. Thanks..
When you click on "Change" it should cycle through all of your video import and recording directories. If you only have one defined then it's working as designed. If you have more than one import and recording directory then it is a bug.

If it's a bug set the loglevel to Trace and post the sage logfile.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Another feature request. Option at time of setting up the recording, should podcast be imported as recording or as a movie. Depending on what I'm recording, I would prefer the video to be under Videos versus my recordings.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
I'll put that on the "to do" list. It's a bit of work os I may not get to it right away.

I started looking at how to implement a simple "scheduler" for downloading the podcasts and what I've decided on is allowing the user to enter the time of day to start the downloading and the number of hours between subsequent downloads. So if you want to download nightly at 3 AM you'd set the start time to 03:00 and the cycle time to 24 hours.

Make sense?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'll put that on the "to do" list. It's a bit of work os I may not get to it right away.

I started looking at how to implement a simple "scheduler" for downloading the podcasts and what I've decided on is allowing the user to enter the time of day to start the downloading and the number of hours between subsequent downloads. So if you want to download nightly at 3 AM you'd set the start time to 03:00 and the cycle time to 24 hours.

Make sense?
So does that mean that one podcast would be recorded a night at 3am or the podcasts start to record at 3am and will continue recording all podcasts scheduled for a duration up to 24 hours?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So does that mean that one podcast would be recorded a night at 3am or the podcasts start to record at 3am and will continue recording all podcasts scheduled for a duration up to 24 hours?
It means that at 3:00 AM it will start downloading all new Episodes of all Favorite podcasts. Downloading will continue until all episodes are recorded.
The process will repeat at 3:00 AM the next day.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It means that at 3:00 AM it will start downloading all new Episodes of all Favorite podcasts. Downloading will continue until all episodes are recorded.
The process will repeat at 3:00 AM the next day.
OK, makes sense.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Sage User

Yes, I have more than one and it's not cycling. I will try to post the log file. Thanks

Quote:
When you click on "Change" it should cycle through all of your video import and recording directories. If you only have one defined then it's working as designed. If you have more than one import and recording directory then it is a bug.

If it's a bug set the loglevel to Trace and post the sage logfile.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 05-04-2011, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorspells View Post
Yes, I have more than one and it's not cycling. I will try to post the log file. Thanks
No need to post the logfile, I can reproduce the error. It's actually changing the value but it's not updating the screen.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Primitive Scheduler

jpaddock3000 - Here is a test version that has the scheduler in it. Stop sage, rename PodcastRecorder.jar to something else and replace it with the attached .jar file. If you use a SageClient do the same thing there. If it doesn't work revert back to the original .jar file.

There is a new option in the general settings to pick a start time. Use 24 hour format, so 4:25 PM should be entered as 16:25 and 2:12 AM should be entered as 2:12.

It's working for me but it probably needs more testing.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip PodcastRecorder.zip (87.4 KB, 117 views)

Old 05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
jpaddock3000 - Here is a test version that has the scheduler in it. Stop sage, rename PodcastRecorder.jar to something else and replace it with the attached .jar file. If you use a SageClient do the same thing there. If it doesn't work revert back to the original .jar file.

There is a new option in the general settings to pick a start time. Use 24 hour format, so 4:25 PM should be entered as 16:25 and 2:12 AM should be entered as 2:12.

It's working for me but it probably needs more testing.

Tom
Sounds good. Kiddos is watching a movie right now, so after that, I will install it. Thanks for the quick turnaround. Very impressive.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just checked the server and nothing appears to have tried to record. I will say that I'm trying to record the wonderful side effect of channels.com working.

At first, I didn't quite realize where to setup the start time until after I re-read your post, so the time was originally set to 0 which should start to record immediately, but the podcast stayed in the queue and didn't start to record. I then found the setting and changed it to 01:30 to start recording at 1:30am. When looking at the options menu in a pod cast folder, it shows 0 in the queue, 0 recorded, and 0 failed. Last night when I set it up, it should 3 in the queue.

Attached are my logs. I setup the recordings on the server itself, so I'm including the client and server logs.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (316.4 KB, 126 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_1.txt (521.4 KB, 121 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (98.1 KB, 141 views)