SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Sage Expert

I've been wanting something like this for a long time. I can see that it's not perfect, but it's a huge benefit to me even as it is!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargason View Post
I've been wanting something like this for a long time. I can see that it's not perfect, but it's a huge benefit to me even as it is!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
i just discovered tekzilla and set this as a favorite (first time i've really done much with podcasts)...........it worked perfectly..........very nice plugin

the tekzilla folks are my type of tech geeks (highly recommended)
How did you do this? I have several TWIT shows set up as favorites and they are working great! But I don't know how to set up favorites for Tekzilla shows since I cant find them in the online guides? I probably skipped over something in the directions... But if you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Sage Expert

Rochurch,

I found a feed for Tekzilla at Online->More Online Services->Science-Tech->Tekzilla. You should be able to just click the feed and choose it as a favorite.

HTH
Old 02-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

is there a manual way also of setting up podcast favorites and recordings?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
is there a manual way also of setting up podcast favorites and recordings?
What do you mean by manual?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Rochurch,

I found a feed for Tekzilla at Online->More Online Services->Science-Tech->Tekzilla. You should be able to just click the feed and choose it as a favorite.

HTH
Thanks. Only problem with that feed is that it has their daily updates; which are 30 seconds of commercials and only a minute or two of content.

I have Juice recording the long format shows into a video import folder. I guess I'll just keep watching it there. I just wish there was a way to manually create or edit a feed. I bet there is if I dig into the right sage properties file. I think that is what the last poster was wanting to do to create a favorite from an RSS feed that is not listed anywhere in the online section.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochurch View Post
Thanks. Only problem with that feed is that it has their daily updates; which are 30 seconds of commercials and only a minute or two of content.
LOL. Yeah, I actually timed several last night. They are typically 1m:50s long and there's 40-45s of actual content in there.

Edit: Maybe this is what you're looking for? http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52102

Last edited by Dargason; 02-08-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Edit: Maybe this is what you're looking for? http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52102
That is what you need to do. Once the feed shows up in Sage Podcast Recorder can be used to grab it.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
What do you mean by manual?
if there is some other podcast i find on my computer, can i manually enter it even if it is not in the sagetv list of podcasts?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
if there is some other podcast i find on my computer, can i manually enter it even if it is not in the sagetv list of podcasts?
You can add any podcast you like, see the link above in Dargason's post.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
You can add any podcast you like, see the link above in Dargason's post.
whoa..............back in 2010 before i was using podcast recorder at all, so i wasn't paying any attention.

thanks mucho!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Sage User

Podcast Recorder-No Audio

Anyone have any issues with not having audio on the podcast recorded shows? I am leaning towards a configuration issue on my end but any suggestions/tips would be appreciated because I absolutely love this plug-in.

Thanks,
Klop
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by klop View Post
Anyone have any issues with not having audio on the podcast recorded shows? I am leaning towards a configuration issue on my end but any suggestions/tips would be appreciated because I absolutely love this plug-in.

Thanks,
Klop
Do the podcasts have audio if you just play them directly? I don't see how this plugin could effect the audio, it just downloads the podcast and saves it as a file.

Glad you enjoy this

Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Do the podcasts have audio if you just play them directly? I don't see how this plugin could effect the audio, it just downloads the podcast and saves it as a file.

Glad you enjoy this
You are correct, files play perfectly outside sagetv (directly). I know this is not a podcast issue but any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by klop View Post
You are correct, files play perfectly outside sagetv (directly). I know this is not a podcast issue but any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Changed audio renderer and it worked. Funny thing was I changed from "default" to the the "SAMSUNG.." which IS the default and it worked. All is good now. Thanks again for the great plug-in.