SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Bug in phoenix VFS ViewFactory class

I'm not sure if this is where you want this posted. If not, let me know where and I'll move it. (I didn't think you'd want me posting issues on the sagephoenix site.)

I've been playing around with VFS and the UMB API and I've discovered a bug. Two different sage.phoenix.vfs.views.ViewFactory objects will be considered equal if their Set of tags are equal. (Because ViewFactory uses its parent's implementation of the equals method.) This means that many of the ViewFactory objects returned from phoenix.umb.GetViewFactories() (using the latest vfs.xml on googlecode) will be considered equal, when they are not. I suspect that ViewFactory will need to override equals and incorporate the name in the equality check.

This wreaks havoc if you try to put the result of that API call into anything that uses the equals call. (In my case, a JComboBox led me to this discovery.)

I realize the UMB API really isn't publicly released, but since it's included in the phoenix jar, I figured it was fair game.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, I'll fix that up.

You should know that if you are using any phoenix.jar that is not shipped with the bmt dependency (or listed in the sage7 repository), then you will have issues with the current version of bmt.

While the phoenix.jar is publicly available, it's meant for 'internal' phoenix use, initially. These last few builds of the phoenix jar has undergone some very major restructuring, and I suspect that there is more to come. I can't promise that the next phoenix.jar will not break whatever you are attempting to build. I do think that most of the major changes are behnind us, but I've been doing some frequent updates to the apis. I would think that in a month, the APIs will have calmed down again, but for now, just know, things are changing

In the past I've has people ask if they could use the dynamic menus as well, and while I don't have an issue with it personally, I can't guarantee that the API won't change. The only APIs that I "guarantee" to some degree are the phoenix fanart apis, which are safe to use.

good luck.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

BTW... since you are using the dev phoenix.jar, I did fix the equals issue, in the latest jar.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
BTW... since you are using the dev phoenix.jar, I did fix the equals issue, in the latest jar.
Thanks! And don't worry, I am not using this on my production system. I am just playing around with it in Eclipse using your (awesome) remote APIs. I only reported this problem because I thought it was something you might run into yourself, not because I expect you to be supporting this.

I am excited about the UMB. Which explains my desire to play around with it.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
Thanks! And don't worry, I am not using this on my production system. I am just playing around with it in Eclipse using your (awesome) remote APIs. I only reported this problem because I thought it was something you might run into yourself, not because I expect you to be supporting this.

I am excited about the UMB. Which explains my desire to play around with it.
Just imagine how much more productive you'd be, if you actually had some documentation to go along with the new vfs

If you find issue, then feel free to report them. It's by no means rock solid, but it's getting there.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just imagine how much more productive you'd be, if you actually had some documentation to go along with the new vfs
That would be nice! Maybe I'll become familiar enough with it to write some of that documentation for you.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That would be nice! Maybe I'll become familiar enough with it to write some of that documentation for you.
I am more interested in what you are coding
Old 10-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I am more interested in what you are coding
Nothing exciting yet. I'm building a stand-alone VFS viewer, mostly just as a way to become familiar with the API. After that, I have a project in mind, but I'm hoping Phoenix comes out before I get that far.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have a small request on the documentation topic. Could you build the javadoc with the -use option? I find the Use pages to be very helpful when working with an unfamiliar API. Thanks (in advance).
Old 10-10-2010, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have a small request on the documentation topic. Could you build the javadoc with the -use option? I find the Use pages to be very helpful when working with an unfamiliar API. Thanks (in advance).
I've added the flag, when I build a new package, the javadoc should have the "use" pages. In the mean time, I don't know how well you know eclipse, but if you right click on a class and then use "Reference -> Workspace", it will show you a list of where that class is used. (same thing for a method in a class, which I find even more useful)
Old 10-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've added the flag, when I build a new package, the javadoc should have the "use" pages. In the mean time, I don't know how well you know eclipse, but if you right click on a class and then use "Reference -> Workspace", it will show you a list of where that class is used. (same thing for a method in a class, which I find even more useful)
Yeah, I use that quiet a bit as well. (Good old ctrl+shift+G) I just happened to be in the javadoc the other day and didn't have eclipse open. Thanks!