SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

How to clear old SageMC video folders

This hasn't been a biggie until the v7 update to add the ability to put video in "Categories" for better sorting and access.

Well, many moons ago (before Sage v7 UI when I was using SageMC), there was an option to define video folders (similiar to the categories v7 now uses) and I used it extensively, setting up all my DVD's in a DVD folder, music video in a Music folder, etc. So now in v7 the video folders, with movies and videos I defined way back in SageMC, are still showing up in my Sage v7 video UI. Now I have new "unassigned" videos that I can categorize but I cannot find a way to clear the old SageMC folders to show all videos (old & new) as "unassigned" so I can re-categorize in the Sage v7 video UI.

I know I can probably load the latest SageMC UI, do it there, and then go back to the Sage v7 UI but I'd rather find an easier way to do it is there is one. Any ideas???
Server: Sage WHS 7.0.9 - Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz, 4GB ram, 160GB(system) + 300GB(data) pooled HD, 400GB + 1TB non-pooled HD, MSI 9400GT video, 4-port serial, Windows Home Server 2003, 2-DTV H20 receivers, 2-HD-PVR E1 tuners, 2-Patterson usb translators for DTV usb to serial channel select control
Client 1: Sage Client 7.0.9 - Core 2 Duo E6300, 4GB ram, 400GB HD, Xonar 7.1 Audio, Blu-ray DVD, Asus 9500GT video with HDMI connect to Denon 3310CI and 60" LG Plasma, Windows 7 32bit
Old 10-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Your original post is here in the SageMC forum because you are talking about a SageMC feature; the duplicate was removed. But, I'm trying to understand your question better.

Are you talking about assigning a category to media in the SageMC UI & then that UI sorted by that custom categorization? If so, then this seems to be a SageMC issue as to how it should be changed/reset.

Are you talking about moving media to specific subfolders on a hard drive & seeing them in the Folder view? If this is the case, it is a matter of moving new files to the appropriate subfolder.

If you are talking about the new Category view in the v7 default UI's video browser, then you select a video or group of videos & choose Edit Information. For Music files, use an ID3 tag editor to assign genres.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

My bad....

Early in the v7 betas, before the recent "video option to add categories", I found that my videos were still in categories that I had set up in SageMC v6 and I couldn't find an option to "unassign" them or "assign new videos" to these v6 catagories.

Evidently the recent v7 RC that added the video category option cleared these older setups and I didn't notice that. What I was noticing was the folders that were actually hard disk directories with videos located in each.

So I made an issue where no issue existed due to my confusion for not noticing the changes in beta and RC updates.

Sorry Andy.
Server: Sage WHS 7.0.9 - Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz, 4GB ram, 160GB(system) + 300GB(data) pooled HD, 400GB + 1TB non-pooled HD, MSI 9400GT video, 4-port serial, Windows Home Server 2003, 2-DTV H20 receivers, 2-HD-PVR E1 tuners, 2-Patterson usb translators for DTV usb to serial channel select control
Client 1: Sage Client 7.0.9 - Core 2 Duo E6300, 4GB ram, 400GB HD, Xonar 7.1 Audio, Blu-ray DVD, Asus 9500GT video with HDMI connect to Denon 3310CI and 60" LG Plasma, Windows 7 32bit