SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have SageTV and DVBLogic set up with two HDPVR's and it is awesome!!

Discovered my first problems with the set up. The recordings from the HDPVR are now .MPEG whereas before it was .TS, which is OK, but these files are set up to run Comskip.exe and there is a problem with the DVBLogic MPEG recordings from the HDPVR. The Comskip.exe cmd window opens but the file never starts processing, after awhile the cmd window closes without any comskip files being generated.

1). Can DVBLogic be set to record these files as .TS?

2). Anyone have an idea why the recordings would not process in Comskip?

Thanks

(EDIT) The audio is only connected as stereo, but MediaInfo is showing the audio as 2 channel AC3. This is strange. The other recordings with this problem are showing two AC3 streams.
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211

Last edited by jerryt; 10-31-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Sage Support fixed the problem; where Show Analyzer could not process the second show when two recording were made back to back.

The fix was "seeker/fast_mux_switch=false" edit to property file.

Thanks Sage Support
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211
Old 11-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

As per Jerryt's post:-

Can DVBLogic be set to record these files as .TS?

I am having problems finding any software that is capable of editing (without re-encoding) the .PS files that DVBLogic and SageTV create.

Can DVBLogic and SageTV be made to create .TS instead if .PS files?

Thanks,

David
Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Sage User

Hi All,

I've recently moved to SageTV from Media Center so I could use a true Client/Server setup.

I'm pretty happy with Sage, except the channel change speeds. I'm using DVBLink TVSource 3.2B3, and channel changes often take over 10 seconds (testing with only FTA channels on the server-XP and a client-win7) and i'm almost always greeted with a 'No Signal' message for a second or so. Is this normal?

I've tested DVBViewer with DVBLink and the channel changes are very snappy, so think it must be down to Sage.

Looking at my DVBLink logs, it looks like Sage is trying to tune the channel twice everytime I change as i get two instance of the 'CBroker::FindSource. sink-source pair was established' about two seconds apart.

As I said, I'm pretty new to Sage, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 11-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead16 View Post
Hi All,

I've recently moved to SageTV from Media Center so I could use a true Client/Server setup.

I'm pretty happy with Sage, except the channel change speeds. I'm using DVBLink TVSource 3.2B3, and channel changes often take over 10 seconds (testing with only FTA channels on the server-XP and a client-win7) and i'm almost always greeted with a 'No Signal' message for a second or so. Is this normal?

I've tested DVBViewer with DVBLink and the channel changes are very snappy, so think it must be down to Sage.

Looking at my DVBLink logs, it looks like Sage is trying to tune the channel twice everytime I change as i get two instance of the 'CBroker::FindSource. sink-source pair was established' about two seconds apart.

As I said, I'm pretty new to Sage, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
My channel change time with HDPVR is 5 seconds.

You might ask this question on the DVBlogic forum and attach your logs.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

With regards the MPEG-PS files that SageTV produces I posted a note on the DVBLogic forum asking for help in respect of changing these to MPEG-TS recordings. They have advised that DVBLogic only produces MPEG-TS and therefore if SageTV is producing MPEG-PS files then it must be something that SageTV is doing to the DVBLogic file/stream.

In the light of this information I have sent a support request to SageTV asking for help getting SageTV to produce MPEG-TS files.

Fingers crossed that SageTV will be able to change something so that SageTV creates MPEG-TS files when using DVBLogic as a network encoder.

It will be great if we can get this fixed as I can not edit these MPEG-PS files.

David

Last edited by Bacon2002; 11-24-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

Thanks to SageTV support this is all sorted out.

What you have to do is stop SageTV and then open up your Sage.properties file and search for 'encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream' and change all of those entries from "=true" to "=false"

I used note pad and the "Search and Replace" option.

Save the file and start SageTV up again, now it creates MPEG-TS files which you can edit in VideoReDo or similar.

Brilliant and thanks again to SageTV.

David
Old 11-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Sage User

Hello
All of the original post's links have stopped working. I was hoping to use the frq/scn creator.
Ben
Old 11-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Sage Expert

Try pulling what you want from the google cache, eg :

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

No pics though :-(
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 11-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Sage User

I managed to do that too, but thanks. I can't download the dvblink frq creator. It's also on that site.
If anyone has it please post a link!
Ben
Old 01-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Sage User

Hi,

I'm using dvblogic dvblink 3.2 with two dvb-s2 tuners (technotrend S2-3650) and it is working very well! The channel changing time is about 5 seconds on encrypted channels in sagetv. In the preview window from dvblink it is less then 2 seconds on encryted channels. So faster channel changing in sagetv must be possible to me...?

I'm using canaldigitaal provider with legal subscriptioncard with oscam and acamd and smargo smartreader+. First I used the CAM interface. But this is very slow. 8+ seconds on channel changing and very unstable.

Now I am using the oscam on an linux (ubuntu server) vmware image from my whs host. It seems very stable and fast. Also used oscam for windows. But that is more unstable and slower.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

Not sure what I am missing here - why would anyone want to use DVBLogic with SageTV?

I have several HDPVRs, HDHRs etc connected to SageTV and working fine.
Of course they can be used from any SageTV client (ie. HD300 or software client on any PC).

So what does DVBLogic bring to the game?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Not sure what I am missing here - why would anyone want to use DVBLogic with SageTV?

I have several HDPVRs, HDHRs etc connected to SageTV and working fine.
Of course they can be used from any SageTV client (ie. HD300 or software client on any PC).

So what does DVBLogic bring to the game?
Streams HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, Remote Computers & iphone.

Rock solid, has never had a problem (Never a HDPVR Lockup).

Uses MCE IR Blaster instead of USB-UIRT.

I watch live TV on WMC Clients,
Channel changing time is like 5 seconds.
Don't need additional Sage Client licenses, all the DVBlogic Clients are free.

Last edited by jerryt; 01-16-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

It also has support for CAMs, both hardware and software which is very important in some territories.

Ta,

David
Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Sage User

I have been using dvblink for 1.5months now - And I have had 0 problems at all with dvblink and sageTv working together.

Thank you
Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Sage User

Hi Daiman

I tried your instructions and they are working until the import to sagetv. Your x64 and x86 executables assumes DVB-S. I'm using DVB-T and therefore I can't get things to align inside SageTV. Is it possible to get some update where it assumes DVB-T or better yet DVB-T, Sweden-Stockholm/Nacka?
Equipment: Dell Precision 670 2x3.0GHz XEON, Win 7Pro, SageTV 7, HDD:1 TB + Rec. disk:2x500 GB (RAID), GPU: ATI HD4670, 4x FireDTV CI/T, 3x AnySee E7 T2C and Display: BenQ W6000, 120"-screen. Extenders HD 200 x 2, HD 300 x 2.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Sage User

Set DVBT in DVBlogic

Hi !

I use this with DVBT in Sweden. Its Ok that Sagetv assumes dvbs, it will tune the DVBT channels from DVBLINK anyway in a correct way.

1. Setup and tune your DVBT channels in DVBLINK. Arrange the channels as you want the numbers.
2. Generate the sagetv files.
3. Add source in sagetv as DVBS
4. Add xmltv data as EPG source.
5. Tune channel in sagetv and it should all work as expected.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Sage User

Hi

I got it working now, it turned out that it was some problems with my XML-TV importer. After upgrading that one I got it "working" in sagetv.
They thing is that the picture is very poor, It breaks down, delays, No encrypted channels are working.
When pre-viewing them in DVBlink there is no problems with the quality, encrypted channels are working. It there something I've missed?
Do I need to change something in sagetv.properites in order to get rid of it?

I also would like to be able to import is some other way so I can use the internal EPG in DVBLink since a numerous of channels are missing XMLTV data.

SyrA: what xmltv feed are you using? Do you have encrypted channels working properly?
Equipment: Dell Precision 670 2x3.0GHz XEON, Win 7Pro, SageTV 7, HDD:1 TB + Rec. disk:2x500 GB (RAID), GPU: ATI HD4670, 4x FireDTV CI/T, 3x AnySee E7 T2C and Display: BenQ W6000, 120"-screen. Extenders HD 200 x 2, HD 300 x 2.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:50 AM
Sage User

xmltv feed

Hi !

I have it all working, encrypted, nice PQ, and so on.
Had problems with instability in the beginning due to old PSIDEC file. Search dvblink forum, and you'll find the answers you need. (Im using win2k3, that psidec issue shouldnt exist in win7)

I use a mix off XMLTV sources. PGUIDE, http://tv.swedb.se, and latelly i started using a program called EPGCOLLECT (got the idea from DVBLogic forum)

EPG Collector scans the dvbstream for EPG data and stores it in an XMLTV file. So i use that for the channels i cant find data for via PGUIDE etc.

GL !
Old 02-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the information.
I'm running Win7Pro so I shouldn't have that problem.
I'm suspecting that the encrypted channels isn't working due to the response times. Channel change takes forever, and you can see lag in the picture, it freezes and then jumps. I can't see why, the CPU(s) are running at 10% or so. Inside DVBLink everything is running perfect, nice quality and encrypted channels are working.
Since you saying it is working for you I now it is possible to get it working so I will keep trying.

One other reason for using DVBLink would be to introduce DVB-T2 receivers with CAM support. Anysee E7 T2 looks really promising.