SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

BMT 4.8 / Phoenix 2.2 - The Metadata Fixes

I just released a new version of the Metadata Tools. It's now as 4.8, using phoenix 2.2, and sagex-api 7.0.19. When you update the web ui, I should force an upgrade on all the dependencies. A restart is required.

This is actually quite a big release, in terms of the amount of code changes.

I've fixed the IMDB issue, so it should now be working again.
There were numerous fixes to the themoviedb provider (honestly, I'm not sure it worked before, except for a single word movie titles).
There were some minor fixes to the tvdb provider.

Also, if you are DVD Profiler user with a HUGE collection.xml file, then this build will consume the large xml without running out memory. I've rewritten the DVD Profiler provider to use a more efficient parser so that at any given time only a single dvd node is ever loaded into memory.

As I mentioned, this is large release, in terms of the amount of code changed. The largest change actually comes of the VFS that is in the phoenix core and used by the web ui. The VFS underwent a huge number of changes. You don't need to know the ins and outs... just keep an eye on your web ui browser to see if things are working as you expect.

All code in this release underwent a full unit test, and everything checked out, including the VFS, so hopefully it's smooth sailing.

Good luck.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the update. The searches for metadata seem to work much better now.

Thank you for all of your hard work on this!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:45 AM
Sage Expert

TheTVdb.com is not working at all for me.
I get nothing found for all shows.

And the new organization's really bad for me. I have to sort through a lot more than I did before (like all of my pictures individually of which I have 100s -- and recordings include movies individually of which I have quite a bit!).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB

Last edited by davidk21770; 10-17-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
TheTVdb.com is not working at all for me.
I get nothing found for all shows.
TVDB has been offline for most the day for me. When bmt can't fetch from tvdb, then try going to site directly as well. It was up for awhile, which enabled me to run through the unit tests... and they did pass.

Quote:
And the new organization's really bad for me. I have to sort through a lot more than I did before (like all of my pictures individually of which I have 100s -- and recordings include movies individually of which I have quite a bit!).
There should not have been that much change to the organization... could you be more specific? Are you talking about the views? if so, which views specifically? I get the impression that you are seeing some images mixed with your video items. Is this for all views? Some views? Are you saying that the Recordings are showing imported video items? Or is is it just showing Recordings and Recorded movies?
Old 10-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Is anyone else having problems getting metadata for files that have an ampersand ("&") in the title?

I have two files that I tried updating this morning "Fast & Furious" and "Angels & Demons" have weird titles now.

Both were from IMDB.

See attached.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Edit - Also seeing this for name/role "Paul Walker / Brian O'Conner" - Should just be "O'Conner" (see attached)

Edit - "-" in the name like "G-Force" seems to be OK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AmpersandBMTMetadata.jpg (317.1 KB, 280 views)

Last edited by jorton; 10-17-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Added Info
Old 10-17-2010, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Is anyone else having problems getting metadata for files that have an ampersand ("&") in the title?

I have two files that I tried updating this morning "Fast & Furious" and "Angels & Demons" have weird titles now.

Both were from IMDB.

See attached.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Edit - Also seeing this for name/role "Paul Walker / Brian O'Conner" - Should just be "O'Conner" (see attached)

Edit - "-" in the name like "G-Force" seems to be OK.
It appears that I forgot to unescapte the html entities in the imdb parser Before I was using a parser that automatically did this. I'll try to get a build out today.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

New Version of Phoenix Core (2.2.1) - Fixes IMDB & issues

This new version of phoenix core fixes the escaping issue (or lack thereof) that was present in the 2.2. build for IMDB.

If you haven't installed bmt 4.8, then you'll get this updated jar automatically when you instatll bmt... otherwise, if you have already installed 4.8, just update the phoenix-core.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Stuckless!

That fixed the & and ' parsing.

Jeremy
Old 10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just updated to the newest version. Thanks!
Now I am trying to get my movie information updated. I am looking at the web view for "Missing Metadata" and working on the ones that didn't match up. I can manually find the metadata, but when I go to save, I get an error "ExternalID cannot be blank". The External ID field is of course blank.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Just updated to the newest version. Thanks!
Now I am trying to get my movie information updated. I am looking at the web view for "Missing Metadata" and working on the ones that didn't match up. I can manually find the metadata, but when I go to save, I get an error "ExternalID cannot be blank". The External ID field is of course blank.
This sounds like a very old issue. Does it say 4.8 in the browser title? If not, then do a shift refresh and force full reloead of the bmt web ui. External ID should never blank, but it also should be automatically filled in.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This sounds like a very old issue. Does it say 4.8 in the browser title? If not, then do a shift refresh and force full reloead of the bmt web ui. External ID should never blank, but it also should be automatically filled in.
Yes, it does say 4.8 in the title. I looked at the movies in BMT again and it appears that BMT didn't find metadata for any of my archive movie files. All these movies are in their own folders for compatibility with MyMovies. \\server\mediashare\movies\Muppet Movie\ (etc...)

To try and remedy, I shut down MyMovies and renamed the "movies" folder. I then did a quick xcopy to copy just the movie folder names, substituted it for the movies folder and ran an update to clean out BMT / Sage. Once that completed, I replaced the real "movies" folder and ran another import.

This seemed to clean up most of the data errors with a few exceptions
- In the BMT web Interface, the "Movies" view is still blank
- TV Series "specials" have no metadata (old issue)
Old 10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Yes, it does say 4.8 in the title. I looked at the movies in BMT again and it appears that BMT didn't find metadata for any of my archive movie files. All these movies are in their own folders for compatibility with MyMovies. \\server\mediashare\movies\Muppet Movie\ (etc...)

To try and remedy, I shut down MyMovies and renamed the "movies" folder. I then did a quick xcopy to copy just the movie folder names, substituted it for the movies folder and ran an update to clean out BMT / Sage. Once that completed, I replaced the real "movies" folder and ran another import.

This seemed to clean up most of the data errors with a few exceptions
- In the BMT web Interface, the "Movies" view is still blank
- TV Series "specials" have no metadata (old issue)
I can't see how having the movies in their own folder would make a difference... ie,
/Moves/Terminator/Terminator.avi would be the same as /Movies/Terminator.avi. BMT does all of its matching from the filenames, and doesn't use the folder at all.

As for the Movies view, it's currently broken. It's something I was working on, and it probably shouldn't be in there.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Sage User

Stuckless, thanks for the update!
One question - I notice that for those titles that have fan art, the text is removed from the thumbnail view which I'm completely fine with. Are there other sources for grabbing fan art so I can remove all of the text from the thumbnail view? Kind of a silly workaround but I like fan art and over half of my movies don't have any so it'll be killing two birds with one stone.
Thanks again!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

The title to the "Videos" view is misspelled. Mine reads "Vidoes".
Old 10-17-2010, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinal View Post
One question - I notice that for those titles that have fan art, the text is removed from the thumbnail view which I'm completely fine with. Are there other sources for grabbing fan art so I can remove all of the text from the thumbnail view? Kind of a silly workaround but I like fan art and over half of my movies don't have any so it'll be killing two birds with one stone.
I don't quite understand. Perhaps you can elaborate (show a picture, even). The movie titles show display whether there is fanart or not. As for alternate sources... TheMovieDB is the only place to grab fanart (for movies) or TMDB for TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
The title to the "Videos" view is misspelled. Mine reads "Vidoes".
DOH! I can't believe my QA people missed that (It's fixed now, so it'll be in the next build)
Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Clicking on "All Videos (Grouped)" gives me a view with folders sorted by year, for example "2010" with subtitle "/All Videos (Grouped)/2010"

I click on this folder and get a new subfolder "2010" with subtitle "/All Videos (Grouped)/2010/2010" ...and again, adding 2010 for each level
Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Clicking on "All Videos (Grouped)" gives me a view with folders sorted by year, for example "2010" with subtitle "/All Videos (Grouped)/2010"

I click on this folder and get a new subfolder "2010" with subtitle "/All Videos (Grouped)/2010/2010" ...and again, adding 2010 for each level
Thanks... I'll open a bug for that... I actually noticed that myself as well.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinal View Post
Stuckless, thanks for the update!
Thanks again!
I suspect you are refering to the Phoenix Fanart plugin for the Sage V7 UI - when there is Phoenix fanart for the thumbnail it hides the text.

To answer your question - you can populate the fanart directory manually if you can find fan art on your own - I usually use google's image search to locate suitable artwork for items that just don't have anything in the 'official' repositories.

btl.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

When I click on "Movies" on the left, I get no results.

When I click on "TV (Series/Season)" it looks like *everything* is showing up, TV and Movies alike...

I know this wasn't the case before I updated BMT/Phoenix Core. Help?

Edit: I'm still using v7.0.18 -- would that cause a problem?
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2

Last edited by darcilicious; 10-18-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

The Movies view is broken, and doesn't work.

TV (Series/Season) should have all of your recorded shows (TV Shows and Movies that aired on TV) in it. Basically anything SageTV core thinks of as a TV Recording.....

btl.