SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Messed up metadata for all of my video files

Some of you may recognize my name if you frequent the BTV forums. I am currently testing SageTV 7 beta. I like what I see so far.
There is a huge learning curve in learning new software, that's for sure.
So far I have 4 tuners working properly, 2 of the are HDPVR's. I finally got my DD and DTS working, until I installed ac3filter.

I have made a mess of my imported video files. I used Metadata tools 4 to try to integrate my video files and BTV recordings. Now they all show up under Sage recordings, but none of the show are grouped together like they were in BTV. This could get ugly when the family tries to navigate a 513 files...lol.

My question, is there a way to scrap my imported video data, and start from scratch, because as it stands now, it's unacceptable. All my movies, and home videos and tv shows are all lumped together under recorded tv shows.

Thanx for any help.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderFan View Post
Some of you may recognize my name if you frequent the BTV forums. I am currently testing SageTV 7 beta. I like what I see so far.
There is a huge learning curve in learning new software, that's for sure.
So far I have 4 tuners working properly, 2 of the are HDPVR's. I finally got my DD and DTS working, until I installed ac3filter.

I have made a mess of my imported video files. I used Metadata tools 4 to try to integrate my video files and BTV recordings. Now they all show up under Sage recordings, but none of the show are grouped together like they were in BTV. This could get ugly when the family tries to navigate a 513 files...lol.

My question, is there a way to scrap my imported video data, and start from scratch, because as it stands now, it's unacceptable. All my movies, and home videos and tv shows are all lumped together under recorded tv shows.

Thanx for any help.
I think all you have to do is remove the import directory and it will remove everything from sage, and then you can re-add the import folder. The data is stored in the Wiz.bin. So if you don't have anything configured, and want to start mostly from scratch, you can try shutting down sage, move the Wiz.bin out and restart and it will re-create it.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

IF your beta testing it and not jumping in with both feet yet...you will :-)

i would suggest just scrapping everything and starting from scratch. version 7 is so easy to install and configure that you can get back up and running in no time.

~Pix64
Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

You'll find lots of BTV converts here. I'm one. Unfortunately, I can't help with your conversion of files from BTV to SageTV. All I know is that you will be glad that you made the conversion once the hard work is done. I liked BTV, but didn't like their total lack of support for us non-commercial types. Sage is so different; they're dedicated to us, to me. I hope you stay with it long enough to realize the benefits of this. Whatever your decision, good luck.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:49 AM

Wow, things are totally messed up!

I deleted the wiz.bin file, reimpoted my video files and they go back under recorded tv, not videos.

So, I uninstalled Sage completely, and deleted the Sage folder. Reinstallled, imported my video files again. Now, my movies (mkv) don't show up anywhere at all, and my videos still get put in the recorded tv, not videos. How can this be, unles there is a configuration file somewhere else, or Sage meta information has been imbedded in the files.

I am totally frustrated.

If someone knows, is Sage meta info embedded in the file themselves?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:15 AM

Messed up all of my video files :(

Does anyone know where the meta information is that Sage uses when importing video files?

I imported my home videos and other files, and they all showed up under videos. I then foolishly tried to use metadata tools plugin to reclassify some of my videos. Everything got buggered up and now everything shows up under recorded tv. I want them to go back under videos like they originally were.

I want to "start from scratch" with my instalation because I totally buggered everything up. My home videos show up under recorded tv, when I want them under video. So I deleted the wiz file. When I imported my home video files, they showed up again under recorded tv instead of video. So then I uninstalled Sage, deleted the Sage folder. Reinstalled. Imported my home videos again and they show up under recorded tv instead of videos.

Is there a config file I am missing? or is the data embedded in the video file itself?

Please help. Thanx
Old 10-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderFan View Post
If someone knows, is Sage meta info embedded in the file themselves?
If I recall, that was one of the changes from V6 to V7. Metadata now being stored in the files also and not just Wiz.bin.

Think there was a thread about how to get stuff out of Recordings and back into Videos from early V7 beta timeframe. Similiar situation to you if I recall.

I'm still V6 so my info is just from what I've read.

Possible method (just off the top of my head). Wipe out Sage, install V6, do your imports, then upgrade to V7. But not sure if V7 would still pick up the metadata in the files and make them Recordings again.

Might be best to put in an Official Support Request with SageTV if you can't find the thread I mentioned earlier.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

if you are using the metadata webservice, just select the video and uncheck "recording" and it will put it back in videos.

That being said, i couldnt get my btv recordings into sage either. Until i renamed them. There is a script for btv that will rename your files to a standard s02e03 format. once they are like that, sage automagically knows what they are and gets all the info!!

My advice is nuke your imports, delete and .properties files, and start from scratch. But first rename all your imports.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders