SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Unable to find DVB-T channels

I'm giving SageTV a trial run before making the investment in a server, extenders, etc.. So far, it seems to have detected my DVB-T tuner correctly - it's an AverTV Volar Green HD (A835) which uses the AF9015 chipset. But when I try to scan for channels, it doesn't find any. The bundled AverTV software shows 80-100% signal and displays every channel, so I know it's not a reception issue.

The nearest TDT tower is in Lucena (Cordoba), Spain. Unfortunately, the only selectable region in PredefinedDVBT.frq is Palma de Mallorca. Some of the frequencies are in common, so in theory, it should find some of my channels using the Mallorca preset, but it does not. I tried adding a new region to the PredefinedDVBT.frq with the appropriate frequencies used locally and got the same result.

I ran the ScanChannelsBDA utility mentioned on this forum, and it was able to lock all of my channels, so the tuner should be perfectly accessible to SageTV.

I've attached the debug log file. I have time to fiddle with this to get it working, but I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (237.7 KB, 291 views)

Last edited by mpbretl; 11-02-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Attachment
Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Sage User

AF9035

Actually, I just discovered that this USB stick is AF9035-based. However, SageTV is calling it "AF9015 BDA Filter Digital TV Tuner." Might this be the reason that I'm unable to find channels?

Source: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.lin...tructure/22802