SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

How is your client computer connected?

In preparation for purchasing the Client software, I tried to play one of the recorded programs on my other computer. This brought up Windows Media Player, which played in chunky spurts. So I figured my WAP11 wireless units are too slow and proceeded to connect the computers directly with a FastCAT5e cable. To my surprise, it was just as slow. Both computers are running Windows XP and both are 2+ Gig machines.

Does the Client software have some kind of buffer, or else, how are you people with Client computers handling things?

Thanks,
Old 05-12-2004, 10:22 AM

Client software does stream to help when multiple videos are going at the same time but you should still be able to play one recording across a 100MB hardwired network. Something is wrong.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, shouldn't be any problem on 100M cable. My experience with the client goes like this: 54M wireless works great on any recording rates. But on 11M wireless, I had to bring down the recording rate to 1.5G/hour, and even then it would stutter a little here and there.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by thatdude90210
Yeah, shouldn't be any problem on 100M cable. My experience with the client goes like this: 54M wireless works great on any recording rates. But on 11M wireless, I had to bring down the recording rate to 1.5G/hour, and even then it would stutter a little here and there.
Thanks also mlbdude. I guess now I have to figure out what could be wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks,