SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to roddym4
Slow Starting on Recordings, Live TV and FF & REW

Well, I've read all the related posts regarding the 30 second delays in starting live TV and recordings as I have had a similar problem since upgrading to RC3 and now 2.0. I had no problems at all with prior releases going back to 1.4.

The situation is:
* 5-10 sec delay starting any recording
* 5-10 sec delay on all FF or REW commands (not volume changes) -- occurs on both remote and keyboard commands
* 5-10 sec delay starting live TV - 10-15 sec delay changing channels on live TV
* Returning to the menu occurs instantly, but menu response is delayed 3-5 seconds

I've read through all the posts related to others troubleshooting the "delay" issue, and I've tried all the properties and hardware acceleration/3d enabling, disabling suggestions to no avail.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

AMD 1800
PVR-250
256 DDR
80 GB
WINME
Old 05-13-2004, 05:01 AM

What decoders have you tried?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:37 AM
Sage User

I've used the Hauppauge drivers successfully since the beginning with Cyberlink for DVD, also without issue. I did try Elecard at one point but didn't notice a difference on my set (43" Hit. HDTV).

Since there's been no change in using these drivers for 7 months starting with 1.4, I'd think the recent recent builds have created the problem, but I'm wide open to suggestions.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:39 AM

Have you tried a fresh install of 2.0 (delete whole directory) to see if that helps?

If you see the slow startup with any decoder then it is probably not that. You have everything in Sage as far as DXVA set to Default?

Have you updated you video card drivers?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:47 AM
Sage User

Yes, all DXVA settings are set to default.

I haven't tried a delete, fresh install of 2.0, since I was hoping it could be a setting of some kind or be corrected in on of the Betas, but now that it's gone to full release, updates will likely be further apart. I may give that a shot a tonight.

I have a MX440 which has the latest drivers installed.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to UniKyrn
I'm seeing the same issue after upgrading last night from RC2. I installed the release over the top of RC2, restarted SageTV and now I see the same pauses you do. It's very annoying because it's just long enough to make you wonder if it's frozen up completely so you try again which causes yet another pause.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Sage

Are you using something besides Default for the Audio Renderer? If you change it to Default does it fix it?
Old 05-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Sage User

Unless something in the release install changed a setting, everything should be defaulted, but I'll double check.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Sage User

No joy on the audio renderer setting. I had played around with other settings, but reverted back to default after loading 2.0.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Sage

Can those that are having the problem post their detailed system specs? Maybe there's something in common.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Sage User

Specs of which system? I'm running SageTV on one system and SageClient on another. What kind of specs are you looking for?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:26 PM

Probably server specs (only if you get the bad performance on the server). He is trying to find out what hardware or configuration you are running that is causing your issues so the more detailed the better. Hardware, Drivers, Decoders - all useful.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Sage User

Ok, I'll gather that up and post it here. My hardware though didn't change between RC2 and the release, which is where I see the problem. I didn't test with RC3 to see if it had it also. I might give that a shot to see if I can narrow down the time frame of the change that broke things in SageTV.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:44 PM

Possibly something was fixed in Sage that does not agree with something in your system (especially since it is such a limited number of users).

Also try and think of any hardware or software changes or configuration changes you may have made.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Sage

I know exactly what the code change is that's causing the problems, and I believe it was RC2 when it was introduced (its waiting for the filter graph to complete a state change but times out waiting for the change on your systems). Under correct behavior of DirectShow this shouldn't be happening....but this sure ain't the first time I've run across something like that with Microsoft libraries.

That's why I was suspicous of the Audio Renderer filter because that quite often controls time in the filter graph.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Ok, that makes things a bit interesting, I hope you mean that the change was introduced between RC2 and RC3. As a test, I left my server running the 2.0 release and simply experimented with the computer that runs SageTV Client.

RC1 works fine, so does RC2, the delay begins when I install RC3 or the release. I'm running an Abit KT7 MB with a 1.1Gig Athlon on Win98SE. The video board is an ATI All In Wonder Radeon with the latest drivers.

What else would you like to know?
Old 05-14-2004, 05:05 AM

Seems he knows what might be going on. Since it seems to be related to your sound board have you tried updating your sound card drivers? Might be worth a shot.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Sage User

Update:

After updating video and audio drivers, reinstalling Sage, DirectX, and Java, I continue to experience the exact same problems.

Has anyone else who has experienced this problem put a dent in it?

I've run out of things to try, but I want to make it work. If anyone has a copy of RC1 (can't get it from Sage), I'd like to install to use the older code that appears to not have the issue. Thanks.