SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

HD300 Network Stopped Working All of a Sudden

I turned the TV on yesterday and it wouldn't connect to my server. After a bit of troubleshooting I found that it wasn't getting a IP address from my DHCP server. I tried to manually assign an IP and that didn't work either.

I'm starting to think the issue is that my LAN died all of a sudden. On multiple occasions I've noticed that I have touched the box it restarted it self. Like it wasn't able to deal with a small ESD event. That was a while ago, and it was working fine since then, so I'm not sure if the two are even related.

Anyone else run into this? My next stop is a support ticket with Sage.

flips

Edit: I checked the DHCP logs and I do see a DHCP discover and DHCP offer, but the HD300 doesn't grab on to the IP that it is offered. I tried to manually set the IP that the DHCP server offers, but it isn't able to get out to check to firmware updates or see the server.

Edit #2: Issue is fixed now. I went in to service mode and then downloaded firmware from the internet. I was using a beta firmware. Maybe this had something to do with it.

Last edited by Flips; 11-28-2010 at 07:55 AM. Reason: logs
Old 12-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Sage User

I have a similar issue with wireless only. Every so often (about once every 2 weeks), I'll turn my HD300 on from standby and it'll hang at the connecting to server screen. When I cancel out, I can see in the top right that the wireless signal meter shows no signal. Then, if I just go into networking, switch to wired and back to wireless to reset the wireless connection it'll work again.

I think this is a bug somewhere in the wireless stack since I either have to turn wireless off and on or reset the box to get my network back. Simply trying to reconnect to my wireless network or another one nearby will not work. Regardless I keep meaning to report it as a bug, but it doesn't happen quite often enough for me to take the effort.