SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Sage Expert

Imported videos problem

I have three Media Center import folders for video. Inside each of these folders are sub-folders for HD Movies, DVD Rentals, Wife Movies, etc. Normally when I navigate to Videos -> Folder I just see my 5-6 sub folders.

I recently noticed that several dozen .properties files started showing up as imported videos in the main (/) Videos folder. This annoys me.

I have tried the following to remove these:

1-Deleted all .properties files and refreshed imported media files

2-Removed plugins one-by-one and refreshed after each

3-Removed all Media Center import folders and refreshed/restarted Sage dozens of times

After #3, I now have only 9 videos listed. These are the actual video files now, not the .properties files. The videos are spread between my three Media Center import folders (so they are not all in one folder). These folders are no longer configured in Sage. I have refreshed, restarted, rebooted, etc to no avail. The 9 videos are still listed in the Videos folder.

Why is Sage showing these videos when there are no Media Center import folders configured? Why did Sage start showing .properties files as imported videos? Any ideas on how can I get rid of these?

I am using Sage My Movies, BTW - but I have lots of non-movie videos that I like to access using the default Sage Videos folder view.

Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Sage Expert

I removed the videos from the system and did another refresh.

They are now gone and Sage correctly states there are no video import folders defined. I'm not sure why it got "stuck".

Update:

Interesting... I tried copying just one of the video files back and refreshed Sage. Sage imported it again, both the .properties file and the .AVI file are listed as two separate entries.

Update 2:
I think I found a thread discussing this issue here.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP

Last edited by White94Cobra; 11-29-2010 at 10:01 PM.