SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
D I follow the instructions from here https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-add...ModifyDatabase
Correct.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 12-20-2012, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

That's not looking so good either. When I try to connect to the HS database I get this message after a while - I get to the login screen and put in admin for user and pwd and then I get:

Code:
Connection is broken: "connect timed out" [90067-145] 90067/90067 (Help)
Here is the error code when I try to access teh queue from the Web UI (after a few minutes of the spinning circle of death):

Code:
Problem accessing /sage/sjq4.groovy. Reason: 

GroovyServlet Error:  script: 'sjq4.groovy':  Script processing failed.
Cannot invoke method getQueue() on null objectorg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.invokeMethod(NullObject.java:77)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered by Jetty://
It looks like I will be reinstalling the image from a week or so ago - that's no big whoop as I have done it several times lately.

I may have actually deleted the lobs.db files while SageTVService was running so that probably didn't help either.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm suddenly getting errors trying to run comskip, the error log is attached. I haven't changed anything on my system, but obviously something is fubar. I've tried rebooting, but still no luck. All plugins are up to date. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SJQ4 Log.JPG (158.1 KB, 167 views)
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
That's not looking so good either. When I try to connect to the HS database I get this message after a while - I get to the login screen and put in admin for user and pwd and then I get:

Code:
Connection is broken: "connect timed out" [90067-145] 90067/90067 (Help)
Here is the error code when I try to access teh queue from the Web UI (after a few minutes of the spinning circle of death):

Code:
Problem accessing /sage/sjq4.groovy. Reason: 

GroovyServlet Error:  script: 'sjq4.groovy':  Script processing failed.
Cannot invoke method getQueue() on null objectorg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.invokeMethod(NullObject.java:77)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered by Jetty://
It looks like I will be reinstalling the image from a week or so ago - that's no big whoop as I have done it several times lately.

I may have actually deleted the lobs.db files while SageTVService was running so that probably didn't help either.
Connection timed out = H2 plugin is not running, crashed, or is otherwise messed up. Roll back system image might be the best bet at this point.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I'm suddenly getting errors trying to run comskip, the error log is attached. I haven't changed anything on my system, but obviously something is fubar. I've tried rebooting, but still no luck. All plugins are up to date. Any suggestions?
That error means the sagex-services plugin is not running (or not running properly). That's what needs to be fixed.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
That error means the sagex-services plugin is not running (or not running properly). That's what needs to be fixed.
Thanks Slugger. I re-set the configuration of that plugin and it seems to be working now.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
As promised, here is the Groovy IDE I use when writing/testing Groovy scripts for use with SJQv4:

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addons/downloads/list

Grab the latest sagegroovy-*-x.y.z.zip for your platform (currently only Windows 32bit available).
Slugger,
Over the holidays I finally made the plunge to sjq v4 and am working on getting it setup properly. Actually i reinstalled my whole sage environment, upgraded the operating system to win7, and all of the plugins i use got upgraded to the latest as well... needless to say things are progressing slowly Anyway i'm trying to get sagegroovy setup so i can debug my scripts more easily and i've run into a snag. I downloaded the latest sagegroovy from the project site (v4.0.0.1805). When i attempt to run sagegroovy it complains that the registered email (which is correct) does not match the license file. The license file exists on my server and sjq / sagealert show as registered.

I am running sagegroovy remotely. Any ideas... Does something special need to be done with the license file?

Code:
F:\Docs\SageTV\SageGroovy\bin>sagegroovy.exe -s 192.168.2.100
INFO - Configured Logging for: sagex-api using file: sagex-api.log4j.properties
LOG4J: Configured Logging for: sagex-api using file: sagex-api.log4j.properties
sagex-services manually set to 'rmi://192.168.2.100:1098'
INFO - Received request from 'SageGroovy' for plugin 'SageGroovy'
WARN - SageGroovy: The registered email ['correct_email_address'] does not match th
e email in the license file!
You must have a sagetv-addons license to use this application!  See http://code.
google.com/p/sagetv-addons/wiki/DonationsFaq
License server response: The registered email ['correct_email_address'] does not ma
tch the email in the license file!

F:\Docs\SageTV\SageGroovy\bin>
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Copy the salicense.jar file from SageTV\JARs\ into the lib dir of your SageGroovy installation. That should fix things up. It appears the wrong jar was packaged in the last build of SageGroovy.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Sage Icon

awesome thanks
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

This seems like stupid question and probably not the correct thread to ask... but anyway...

what is the proper procedure to manually transcode a file (using handbrake)
and put it back in the sage recording library??

for some reason I thought all you had to do was have the file name the same with the different extension and replace it with the original file and rescan the library and all would be good? That's not working for me!

If I just replace the file in the recording directory sage doesn't see it.
If I put the new file with the different extension in a import directory, sage finds it and marks it as archived. I can unarchive but I'd like the file in the recording directory! Am I missing a step?

Oh.. and I will use a groovy script to automate once the manual process is done! :-)

Jim
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
This seems like stupid question and probably not the correct thread to ask... but anyway...

for some reason I thought all you had to do was have the file name the same with the different extension and replace it with the original file and rescan the library and all would be good? That's not working for me!

If I put the new file with the different extension in a import directory, sage finds it and marks it as archived. I can unarchive but I'd like the file in the recording directory! Am I missing a step?

Oh.. and I will use a groovy script to automate once the manual process is done! :-)

Jim
Don't have time to find the posts right now, but about a year ago (in this thread) slugger helped me (mostly wrote) the code you need... if you search back you'll find it I'm sure. the basics are you need to relink the recordings id# to the new file. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

So I CAN'T do this manually? I need to use some API's??

And I never saw the final script posted. Only snippits. Could you share? (or did I miss it?)

And thanks BTW...

Jim
Old 01-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

don't understand what you mean by 'manual'... sjq is all about automatic/script based activities...

check this thread for the scripts I'm using...:http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55908

there are others floating around too, and probably more efficient as I'm definately not a programmer
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a process that reencodes Kids' shows with Handbrake but I don't leave them in the TV folder, I move them to folders named with the Show Title. If you want I can post that code. This works quite well with a few minor issues - with the odd show the original file is still listed in Sage but when you try to play it you get a file doesn't exist error. This is depite the fact that Sage has rescanned imported media. I believe a reboot of the service can fix this.

I have some other problems with the handrake encoded files, but I won't post those issues here.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Jim
I just replace them with the same file name and the new extension a mediascan sees the new file in Sage I do not know why it does not work for you. Of course I make sure to touch the file with the correct timestamp

Batch Script below
Code:
move "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1"
set checkuse=%ERRORLEVEL%
if %checkuse% NEQ 0 exit 1
if not exist "c:\temp" md "c:\temp"
set shrinklevel=1
if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.encoded.tmp" del "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.encoded.tmp"
if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" set shrinklevel=0
if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" goto goodtogo
SET HBPATH=C:\SJQNEW\HandBrake64
SET TOOLSPATH=C:\SJQNEW\tools
SET WGETPATH=C:\SJQNEW\wget

if not exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode" md "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode"

CD "%HBPATH%"
c:
start "MediaShrink" /B /BELOWNORMAL /WAIT HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "%~f1" -o "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.encoded.tmp"  -f mp4 -w 640 --loose-anamorphic -r 29.97  -e x264 -q 20 --vfr  -E faac -B 160 -6 dpl2 -R Auto -D 0 --gain=0 --audio-copy-mask none --audio-fallback ffac3 -x ref=1:weightp=1:subq=2:rc-lookahead=10:trellis=0:8x8dct=0 --verbose=1 > "%~d1%~p1handbrake.log" 2>&1
set shrinklevel=%ERRORLEVEL%
if %shrinklevel% NEQ 0 DEL "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.encoded.tmp"
if %shrinklevel% NEQ 0 dir "%~f1">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.check"
if %shrinklevel% NEQ 0 EXIT 1
if %shrinklevel% EQU 0 if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.encoded.tmp" move "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.encoded.tmp" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp"
:goodtogo
if %shrinklevel% EQU 0 if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" "%TOOLSPATH%\touch.exe"  -r "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp"
if %shrinklevel% EQU 0 if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" DEL "%~f1"
if %shrinklevel% EQU 0 if exist "%~f1" if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" exit 1
if %shrinklevel% EQU 0 move "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.mp4"
copy "%~f1.properties" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.mp4.properties"
if exist "%~f1" exit 1
%WGETPATH%\wget.exe --delete-after --tries=3 --directory-prefix="%WGETPATH%" "http://username:password@servername:8080/sage/GlobalCommand?command=UpdateMediaLibrary"
exit 0

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-08-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I just replace them with the same file name and the new extension a mediascan sees the new file in Sage I do not know why it does not work for you. Of course I make sure to touch the file with the correct timestamp
That's what I thought was supposed to happen!!!
Now these are regular Sage recordings that you transcode, right?

Maybe it has something to do with the files being corrupt???

Maybe I'll try it with a "good" file...

Jim
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's what I thought was supposed to happen!!!
Now these are regular Sage recordings that you transcode, right?

Maybe it has something to do with the files being corrupt???

Maybe I'll try it with a "good" file...

Jim
Yes regular recordings I schedule that batch job on shows I have not watch for x amount of days. In SJQ.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Yes regular recordings I schedule that batch job on shows I have not watch for x amount of days. In SJQ.
That''s kinda what I want to do.. but I had some corrupt ones that Sage couldn't transcode. So I had to use handbrake. But I want to make a script like yours that will transcode after x amount of days...

I assume your script is SJQ3? not 4?

Thanks!

Jim
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That''s kinda what I want to do.. but I had some corrupt ones that Sage couldn't transcode. So I had to use handbrake. But I want to make a script like yours that will transcode after x amount of days...

I assume your script is SJQ3? not 4?

Thanks!

Jim
It is neither it is simply a batchfile that SJQ3 simply passes the file to it and it runs. I am sure that you can run any batch script in SJQ4... by simply also passing the file name. My impression is that you can do this with SJQ Crontab.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM
SageTVaholic

@slugger: In post 1355 above nyplayer touch.exe with the -r parameter to change the time stamp of reencoded file to be the same as the timestamp of the original recording. Is there an elegant way to do this in Groovy or should I just call the touch.exe command?