SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

What Are you doing with SJQv4?

The main SJQv4 thread is a great resource for getting SJQv4 up and running, and for technical support, but how about this thread for sharing some ideas and code regarding the cool or interesting things you are doing with SJQv4?

Server: SageTV 7
Old 06-06-2011, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Comskipping - both H.264 (HD-PVR) files and MPEG -2 files.

Kicking off SageTV Transcoding jobs and saving the transcoded file to a new folder based on the Show Title - ie. Dora the Explorer gets saved to \\server\Kids' Shows\Dora the Explorer\Showtitle.mp4
Old 06-06-2011, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

A little taste of what I do...

Here's my SJQv4 crontab file:

Code:
0 12 * * * SINGLEFAV
45 6,23 * * * SRETEST
45 4 * * * IMPORTSCAN
20 10-23/2 * * * RMARTIFACTS
53 11,18 * * * BLACKOUTMGR
50 11 * * * BACKUP
5 3 * * Sun FULLBACKUP
15 5 1 * * HDDIMG
*/30 2-9 * * * FINDARCHIVES
In order, here's what these tasks are doing:
  • SINGLEFAV: Daily at noon, I scan for favourites that were created to record movies. If the movie has been recorded then the favourite is deleted.
  • SRETEST: Twice a day I run some internal SRE plugin tests against my EPG data.
  • IMPORTSCAN: Once a day, I perform a media import scan, but only if the Sage server is not in use or isn't scheduled to be used in the immediate future.
  • RMARTIFACTS: Every two hours during the day, I check for orphaned artifacts (edl, log, txt, etc. files for recordings that no longer exist) and delete them.
  • BLACKOUTMGR: Twice a day I look for sports airings that are blacked out in my area and mark them as don't like so Sage will not record them.
  • Backup: Once a day I backup wiz.bak and my sjqv4, sre and sagealert databases
  • FULLBACKUP: Once a week, I stop SageTV and perform a full backup of C:\Program Files\SageTV\*
  • HDDIMG: Once a month, I take an image of my OS drive
  • FINDARCHIVES: Over night, I look for airings I want to archive to my NAS and perform the archival operation.

Also, I have my comskip task attached to all my favourites that need it (i.e. all of them except those from HBO, Movie channels, etc.). I comskip on the RecordingCompleted event.

Most of the scripts talked about here are in my SageScripts svn repository.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Sage Icon

That's way cool Slugger! I have to admit I haven't followed SJQ at all... Honestly, I didn't realize all what was available either. I guess I'll have to give it a shot. It looks like you already have some scripts that I can use right out of the box.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
A little taste of what I do...
Now that is some cool stuff! Dumb question: Where is the SageScripts svn repository? Sorry, I should probably know.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have tweaked the Comskip scripts to:

1. Run Showanalyzer .97 for MPG files from HDHomerun.
2. Run Showanalyzer 1.0x for TS files from Ceton (SageDCT).
3. Only run comskip processing when no recordings are happening, and none are scheduled for the next 30 minutes.

Looking for more cool stuff to do.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
That's way cool Slugger! I have to admit I haven't followed SJQ at all... Honestly, I didn't realize all what was available either. I guess I'll have to give it a shot. It looks like you already have some scripts that I can use right out of the box.
SJQ is very cool! It takes some commitment to make it dance, but man can it dance!

Old 06-06-2011, 09:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
Now that is some cool stuff! Dumb question: Where is the SageScripts svn repository? Sorry, I should probably know.
My script repository is here. I've linked to the scripts that are available in the repository. Ones that aren't in my repository are private for one reason or another. Usually I don't put scripts in the repository because I wrote them quickly to do something in a hurry and the script is of poor quality (therefore making support questions a nightmare for myself) or the functionality of the script may be sketchy to some in the community (i.e. the BT scripts I've written).

These are the tasks from my crontab, with the time fields removed and links to the exe script and, if necessary, the pretest script provided.

Code:
SINGLEFAV | exe
SRETEST | private scripts, used for internal SRE testing only
BTFAVS | private scripts; lots of cleanup needed before I share
IMPORTSCAN | private; literally one liner that calls media scan; pretest is a basic script that checks that there's nothing connected and no recordings scheduled for immediate future
RMARTIFACTS | exe
BLACKOUTMGR | private; needs major cleanup
BACKUP | private; needs cleanup
FULLBACKUP | pretest | exe
HDDIMG | private; same as FULLBACKUP scripts (basically) except it calls my disk imaging tool to create a disk image instead of backing up SageTV app dir
FINDARCHIVES | pretest | exe
Guess not as many of these are in the repository as I thought. But there are also a bunch of other scripts in the repository that do all sorts of different things. My comskip scripts are in there (pretest | exe = showanalyzerengine.exe) plus other scripts that allow sending of IR signals to STB boxes, basic example/hello world type scripts that do simple tasks like set watched flags, etc. and a few other goodies to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
SJQ is very cool! It takes some commitment to make it dance, but man can it dance!
Indeed. Especially now being backed by a fully capable scripting language in Groovy, the sky's the limit. Most of the stuff I'm doing now in SJQv4 was never possible in older versions or at least not without an insane amount of work and hacking around in the old SJQ engine. Really, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a task that you wanted to repeat/automate that can't be done with some form of Groovy script being triggered by SJQv4.

EDIT: Ignore the tools dir in the repository. Everything under there is in the gtools.jar file that can be downloaded from the project site (or from the Sage plugin manager). The only thing you need to look at in the tools dir are the javadocs under the docs subdir to find out what tools are in there (they're all supplements/helpers/additons to the Sage API that can be used from Groovy and/or Java using the gtools.jar).

Last edited by Slugger; 06-06-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Great stuff Slugger. I am going to borrow a bunch of those and play!

Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

Just starting to play with SJQ4 on my test machine. Need to learn the ropes (SJQ4 & SageTV V7) before putting into Production. Don't want to mess something up then have WAF plummet.

Plan is to play with the mv_media scripts test/exe to have it move the media (hopefully to show/season folder structure) to my nas, library scan, get new media info to unarchive it and other processing based upon different criteria.

And parameterize as much as possible to make it generic.

Comskip will be one of them also during certain time windows only and usage.

I like the idea of the weekly backup. Question though is I notice when SageTV is stopped, the extenders turn themselves off and have to be turned back on to auto-connect. Not sure how that'll go for the WAF factor.

fun fun fun...now just to find the time to play.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

A little searching and found the solution for turning the extenders back on after shutting down/starting up SageTV service. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35464

Tested it out on my HD200 & HD300 and it works well.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

@Slugger - Why do you need to run the import scan? Doesn't Sage run this on its own every few hours? And why worry if the server is doing other stuff while a media scan is taking place? I run import scans all the time when I am futzing around with correcting metadata and it never seems to cause issues.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
A little searching and found the solution for turning the extenders back on after shutting down/starting up SageTV service. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35464

Tested it out on my HD200 & HD300 and it works well.
Eventually, I'll be adding a method to my Groovy Tools library to do this so you'll just be able to call something like GlobalHelpers.powerOn("192.168.0.100") and it'll power it on. powerOff() and reboot() would also be provided. I just need to actually remember to add it at some point. In the meantime, any other tool that does it would also work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
@Slugger - Why do you need to run the import scan? Doesn't Sage run this on its own every few hours? And why worry if the server is doing other stuff while a media scan is taking place? I run import scans all the time when I am futzing around with correcting metadata and it never seems to cause issues.
I disabled the auto scan. If a media scan happens to run while I'm moving a recording to my NAS then all hell breaks loose. It's a rare thing to occur, but it's happened enough times and caused me enough grief that I just do it once a day or on demand via my groovy scripts or whatever. I make sure nothing is connected or scheduled to be recorded just as a precaution, it, as you say, really isn't necessary.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Eventually, I'll be adding a method to my Groovy Tools library to do this so you'll just be able to call something like GlobalHelpers.powerOn("192.168.0.100") and it'll power it on. powerOff() and reboot() would also be provided. I just need to actually remember to add it at some point. In the meantime, any other tool that does it would also work fine.
Added it as a Feature Request #300 to help as a reminder

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...wner%20Summary
Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm doing a few things with sjq, with Sluggers help mostly....

1 - rename files to my archive format;
for tv shows: series - SxxEyy
for movies: title (year)

2 - comskip selectively

3 - edit the recording with videoredo to eliminate commercials.

3 - run handbrake to compress and remux to mkv selectively and drop in a different folder for archiving.

All while maintaining the recording's metadata.

certainly willing to post the code(s) if anyone's interested.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post

2 - comskip selectively

3 - edit the recording with videoredo to eliminate commercials.

3 - run handbrake to compress and remux to mkv selectively and drop in a different folder for archiving.

All while maintaining the recording's metadata.

Please share the VideoRedo and Handbrake scripts! I have been thinking about automating in a similar fashion so that certain shows are ready to copy to my iPad. Those scripts would get me going in the right direction!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

VideoReDo scripts

Disclaimer - I'm not a programmer, I have no idea what I'm doing, and don't even fake it well. With that said, use at your own risk, let me know if something is unclear or you think of a better way to do any of this, I'd like to hear it. Some of this was pulled straight from Slugger's scripts, so some might look familiar Big thanks to him for his generous help!

Here's the VideoReDo test and exec scripts. What happens is the media_file_scanner.groovy script runs every so often via the sjq cron interface. I use 15 minutes, but can be whatever you like.

You'll need to edit your comskip.ini to include the videoredo output....

The way this process works: Comskip runs seperately and outputs an .edl and .VPrj files. I review the VPrj manually in videoredo just to make sure comskip wasn't way off base (happens on a couple channels). I edit as necessary and save the project. Then add a '1' to the end of the .edl as a marker that sjq can test against. i.e: If an .edl1 file exists, do the script. I like for it to wait for me to review, if you want to skip that just edit the scanner script to look for .VPrj files rather than .edl1, comskip creates the .VPrj at the end of it's processing so should be safe to use.

media_file_scanner.groovy-
Code:
def testMode = false // If true, only print out which media files would be queued up, don't actually add the tasks to the queue
def mediaMask = "T" // What types of media should be scanned? (T = TV, M = Music, V = Imported Video, D = DVD, B = BluRay, P = Pictures; TMV = TV + Music + Imports, etc.)
def taskIds = ["CUT"] // ,"HANDBRAKE" Multiple tasks can be listed, separated by commas

def needsProcessing(Object mediaFile) {
    if(hasArtifacts(mediaFile, ["edl1"])) // This function is defined at the bottom of the file
        return true

// All our tests have passed so return false
    return false
}

import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.network.ServerClient
import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.metadata.Factory
import org.apache.commons.io.FilenameUtils
import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils

def sc = !testMode ? new ServerClient() : null
MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFiles("T").each { mediaFile ->
    if (MediaFileAPI.IsTVFile(mediaFile)){
        if (needsProcessing(mediaFile)) {
            if (!testMode) {
                taskIds.each { id ->
                   sc.addTask(id, Factory.getMap(mediaFile))
                   println "Will queue up '${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTitle(mediaFile)}' (${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(mediaFile)})"
                   }
             }   
             else
                println "Would queue up '${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTitle(mediaFile)}' (${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(mediaFile)}); skipped because test mode is TRUE"
             }
        }
   } 

if(sc != null)
    sc.close()
return 0

// Returns true if any segment of the given media file has at least one artifact of any of the given artifact extensions; false otherwise
def hasArtifacts(Object mediaFile, List exts) {
    for(def it : MediaFileAPI.GetSegmentFiles(mediaFile)) {
        def absPath = it.getAbsolutePath()
        def dir = FilenameUtils.getFullPath(absPath)
        def base = FilenameUtils.getBaseName(absPath)
        for(def ext : exts) {
            def artifact = "${dir}${base}.$ext"
            def artifactRename = "${dir}${base}.edl2"
            if(Utility.IsFilePath(artifact)){
                FileUtils.moveFile(new File(artifact), new File(artifactRename))
                return true
            }    
        }
    }
    return false
}
safe_to_cut_test.groovy - I believe Slugger has a single comand helper setup to do all of this next bit which may be easier to follow/use. Basically it's just checking that the file isn't locked before proceeding to the cutting.
Code:
import sagex.UIContext

def mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(SJQ4_METADATA["SJQ4_ID"].toInteger())
// def mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(4548538) // For testing use this line, edit the ID and comment out the prior line....

// If it's still recording, then our script is foobar, but we'll go to the bottom of the queue and wait....
if(MediaFileAPI.IsFileCurrentlyRecording(mf)) {  
  println("Recording in progress, waiting...");
  return 1;
}

// Let's make sure nothing is locking this recording, if they are it bombs.
def connected = []
connected += Arrays.asList(Global.GetUIContextNames())
connected += Arrays.asList(Global.GetConnectedClients())
println "Connected: $connected"

def active = []
for(def c : connected) {
   def nowPlaying = MediaPlayerAPI.GetCurrentMediaFile(new UIContext(c))
   if(nowPlaying != null) {
      active.add(nowPlaying)
      println "Client '$c' is playing '${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTitle(nowPlaying)}/${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(nowPlaying)}'"
   }
}

println "Checking if someone is playing the media file in question (def mf)..."
for(def playing : active) {
   if(MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(mf) == MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(playing)) {
      println "Someone's playing this media file!"
      return 1
   }
}
      println "File is clear and ready!"
      return 0
The cut.groovy script is run as as the exec in the sjq setup. This script makes sure the output is unique and doesn't stomp on something else, relink the metadata from the original file to the output file, deletes the input, and queues up a separate Handbrake job on the 'output'. The other scripts 'should' just work out of the box, this one is different as there are a number of path references that can't just be pulled from the mediafile. Edit as necessary. I use three directories, Recorded TV, com_free, and handbrake to move files as they are processed. Assuming videoredo is in the default install location you should only need to edit the 'elements definition' section to get it working.

Code:
// def SJQ4_METADATA = ["SJQ4_ID":"4704439", "SJQ4_TYPE":"MediaFile"] // Edit this line if testing on a specific recording.

// comment or remove the above line before using the scirpt in SJQv4.

import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.network.ServerClient
import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.metadata.Factory

private class Settings {
    static public final boolean TEST_MODE = false
}

if(mf == null) {  //make sure it's a valid file id
    println "Invalid media file id! [${SJQ4_METADATA['SJQ4_ID']}]"
    return 1
}

// Elements Definition

def Origdir = ((MediaFileAPI.GetParentDirectory(mf).toString()) + "\\")
def CutDir = "\\\\Sage-pc\\Mirror_Set\\Process_TV\\com_free\\"
def Prefix = FilenameUtils.getBaseName(MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mf, 0).getAbsolutePath())
def CutExt = ".ts"

// construction zone

def FullInputFile = new File(Origdir + Prefix + CutExt)
def FullCutFile = new File(CutDir + Prefix + CutExt)
def VRDSourceFile = new File(Origdir + Prefix + ".VPrj")

// Let's make sure output is unique

def i = 1
def file = new File(FullCutFile.toString())
while(file.exists())
    file = new File(CutDir, "$Prefix-${i++}$CutExt")
println "New file will be: $file"
FullCutFile = file
println VRDSourceFile
println FullCutFile
println FullInputFile

// Run VideoReDo

println "Cutting files From this project '${VRDSourceFile}' to '${FullCutFile}'."
def command = ('cscript.exe //nologo "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VideoReDoTVSuite4\\vp.vbs " "' + VRDSourceFile + '" "' + FullCutFile + '" "/p:H.264 Transport Stream" /q /e')
println "full cut command will be '$command'"

if(!Settings.TEST_MODE) { // Are we running test mode, if not do this
        def proc = command.execute()
        def initialSize = 4096
        def outStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(initialSize)
        def errStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(initialSize)

proc.consumeProcessOutput(outStream, errStream)
            proc.waitFor()
            println 'out:\n' + outStream
            println 'err:\n' + errStream

} else {  // if we are in test mode do this
    println "Would run '$command' if test mode were disabled!"
}

// link ExternalID to FullCutFile

// the three minute rule applies so reinit this variable
mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(SJQ4_METADATA["SJQ4_ID"].toInteger())

def src = (FullCutFile.toString())
    println "fullpathfile is=$src"

def sid = ShowAPI.GetShowExternalID(mf)
    println "ExternalID is ${sid}"

if(!Utility.IsFilePath(src)) {
       println "${src} does not exist!"
       return 1
    }

if(MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForFilePath(new File(src)) != null) {
       println "${src} is already a registered SageTV media file!"
       return 1
    }

def show = ShowAPI.GetShowForExternalID(sid)
    if(show == null) {
       println "ShowEID ${sid} is invalid!"
       return 1
    }

def mfadd = MediaFileAPI.AddMediaFile(new File(src), null)
    if(mfadd == null) {
       println "Failed to add media file!"
       return 1
    }

if(!MediaFileAPI.SetMediaFileShow(mfadd, show)) {
       println "Failed to link show metadata to media file!"
       return 1
    }

MediaFileAPI.MoveTVFileOutOfLibrary(mfadd)
    println "Imported '${src}' and linked it to ShowEID '${sid}'!"

// Get object info from new file and pass it to HANDBRAKE

def mf2 = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForFilePath(FullCutFile)
def NewSourceFile = MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mf2, 0)

def sc = new ServerClient()
def taskId = 'HANDBRAKE'
def metadata = Factory.getMap(mf2)
sc.addTask(taskId, metadata)
sc.close()

println "Would have relinked the showID '${sid}' to the new file '${src}' if test mode were disabled!"
}

// Let's delete the original files since that was successful

MediaFileAPI.DeleteFile(mf)
     Utility.DirectoryListing(new File(Origdir)).each {
        if(FilenameUtils.wildcardMatchOnSystem(it.getName(), "${Prefix}.*")) {
            def fileName = new File(Origdir, Prefix + (it.getName().substring(it.getName().indexOf('.'))))
                try {
                    fileName.delete()
               }  catch(IOException e) {
                   e.printStackTrace()
                }
       }
   }

println "Would delete ${Prefix}.* if test mode were disabled!"
}
return 0
Old 06-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Handbrake scripts

And here are the handbrake scripts.

The hand_brake_test.groovy essentially just makes sure the file isn't locked.
Code:
import sagex.UIContext
// def mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(4704415) // This is what we're testing against, fill it in someway, some how

// If it's still recording, then our script is foobar, but we'll wait go to the bottom of the queue and wait....
if(MediaFileAPI.IsFileCurrentlyRecording(mf)) {  
  println("Recording in progress, waiting...");
  return 1;
}

def connected = []
connected += Arrays.asList(Global.GetUIContextNames())
connected += Arrays.asList(Global.GetConnectedClients())
println "Connected: $connected"

def active = []
for(def c : connected) {
   def nowPlaying = MediaPlayerAPI.GetCurrentMediaFile(new UIContext(c))
   if(nowPlaying != null) {
      active.add(nowPlaying)
      println "Client '$c' is playing '${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTitle(nowPlaying)}/${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(nowPlaying)}'"
   }
}

println "Checking if someone is playing the media file in question (def mf)..."
for(def playing : active) {
   if(MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(mf) == MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(playing)) {
      println "Someone's playing this media file!"
      return 1
   }
}
      println "File is clear and ready!"
      return 0
The Hand_Brake.groovy script checks for some key words in the recording title, and skips/moves the file if I don't want to handbrake it, and runs handbrake if I do, in either case it relinks the media info to the new file, and should delete the original to keep things tidy. Getting the actual exec to run was a nightmare, I think Slugger made a few bug fixes that improved sjq's ability to pass complex exec lines, spaces and special characters, but I'd already got this working and didn't bother trying to make the exec line more 'normal'.... it works for me.
Code:
// def SJQ4_METADATA = ["SJQ4_ID":"4704442", "SJQ4_TYPE":"MediaFile"]

// remove the above line before using the scirpt in SJQv4.

private class Settings {
    static public final boolean TEST_MODE = false
}

if(mf == null) {  //make sure it's a valid file id
    println "Invalid media file id! [${SJQ4_METADATA['SJQ4_ID']}]"
    return 1
}

// Elements Definition
def CutDir = ((MediaFileAPI.GetParentDirectory(mf).toString()) + "\\")
def HBDir = "D:\\Process_TV\\com_free\\handbrake\\"
def Prefix = FilenameUtils.getBaseName(MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mf, 0).getAbsolutePath())
def SourceFile = MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mf, 0)

// Construction zone
def CutFile = new File(Prefix + ".ts")
def HBFile = new File(Prefix + ".mkv")
def FullCutFile = "D:\\Process_TV\\com_free\\" + CutFile
def FullHBFile = HBDir + HBFile

// Don't compress these, just move them to final location
if(MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTitle(mf) =~ /News|MLB Baseball|NHL Hockey|College Basketball|Racing|racing|AMA|race/){
    println "We got Racing!"
    FullCutFile2 = new File(FullCutFile)
    try {
                FileUtils.moveFile(SourceFile, new File(HBDir + CutFile))
                   e.printStackTrace()
                }
    return 0
}

// Shrink-i-dink with HandBrake
def i = 1
def file = new File(FullHBFile)
while(file.exists())
    file = new File(HBDir, "$Prefix-${i++}.ts")
    FullHBFile = file

def command = """C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Handbrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe""" + """ -i "${FullCutFile}" -o "${FullHBFile}" -f mkv -q 0.86 -x ref=3:mixed-refs=2:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:b-rdo=1:bime=1:weightb=1:subme=6:trellis=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:vbv-maxrate=25000 -5 -E ac3 -6 none"""
println "full command will be '$command'"

def proc = command.execute()
        def initialSize = 4096
        def outStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(initialSize)
        def errStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(initialSize)

proc.consumeProcessOutput(outStream, errStream)
            proc.waitFor()
            println 'out:\n' + outStream
            println 'err:\n' + errStream

//relink ExternalID to new file

// the three minute rule applies, so reinit this variable.
mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(SJQ4_METADATA["SJQ4_ID"].toInteger())

def src = (FullHBFile.toString())
    println "fullpathfile is=$src"

def sid = ShowAPI.GetShowExternalID(mf)
    println "ExternalID is ${sid}"

if(!Utility.IsFilePath(src)) {
       println "${src} does not exist!"
       return 1
    }

if(MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForFilePath(new File(src)) != null) {
       println "${src} is already a registered SageTV media file!"
       return 1
    }

def show = ShowAPI.GetShowForExternalID(sid)
    if(show == null) {
       println "ShowEID ${sid} is invalid!"
       return 1
    }

def mfadd = MediaFileAPI.AddMediaFile(new File(src), null)
    if(mfadd == null) {
       println "Failed to add media file!"
       return 1
    }

if(!MediaFileAPI.SetMediaFileShow(mfadd, show)) {
       println "Failed to link show metadata to media file!"
       return 1
    }

MediaFileAPI.MoveTVFileOutOfLibrary(mfadd)
    println "Imported '${src}' and linked it to ShowEID '${sid}'!"

// Delete the CUT file
    MediaFileAPI.DeleteFile(mf)

// Delete any flac associated with the CUT file

Utility.DirectoryListing(new File(CutDir)).each {
        if(FilenameUtils.wildcardMatchOnSystem(it.getName(), "${Prefix}.*")) {
            def fileName = new File(CutDir, Prefix + (it.getName().substring(it.getName().indexOf('.'))))
                try {
                    fileName.delete()
                   e.printStackTrace()
                }
            }
        }
return 0

println "Would run '$command' if test mode were disabled!"
}
Old 06-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
And here are the handbrake scripts....
Thanks Bikesquid!

Old 09-14-2011, 05:47 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

I'd be interested in this code...

Are you moving the recordings to a more XBMC friendly format (Series Name>Season #>Episode.mpg) format and still keeping the link to SageTV's internal Db to keep the watched status accurate ala the link media script?

I ask in that this may be a MUCH simpler method for me to use for sharing the files for use within XBMC. I have tried a number of other methods (symlinking, .strm files, etc...) and for one reason or another, they never work across all the variants of XBMC (PC/ATV/Mac).

If I could simply move the recorded TV files to a different directory structure, keep the associated edl/properties files and ensure that the internal SageTV Database is kept accurate/linked (keeping the watched/dont like/etc status), I could then simply point XBMC to the newly formed SageTV recodings folder(s) and move on!

If you tell me that is what you have, then please, post the code!

-Jason

Tags
sjq, sjqv4